The Education Forum

The Tell-Tale Dash : Files

The Tell-Tale Dash:

James Files and the Dented Cartridge Case

by Allan Eaglesham

BRIEF CONTEXT

In 1987, John Rademacher dug up two .222-caliber cartridge cases from the north side of Dealey Plaza [1]. One was located about 10 ft east of the picket fence close to the pergola, and the other was some 60 ft to the northeast [2]. Subsequently, Mr. Rademacher was introduced to Kennedy-assassination eyewitness Malcolm Summers by investigator Joe West. From photographs provided by Rademacher of weapons that fire .222 rounds, Mr. Summers identified a Remington XP-100 Fireball pistol as similar to what he had seen in the possession of a man on the north side of Elm Street shortly before the assassination [3].

In 1992, Mr. West was given a lead on the Kennedy assassination by FBI agent Zechariah (Zack) Shelton that led West to James Files, serving a 30-year sentence in Statesville Prison, Joliet, IL, for attempted murder of two policemen in 1991. In August 1992, West visited Joliet and heard a partial confession from Files [1,4]. Joe West died six months later, and the investigation was assumed by Bob Vernon. Mr. Vernon met with Files in Statesville in May of 1993, to be told that he (Files) had assassinated the president with an XP-100 Fireball, modified to fire .222 cartridges [1] (rather than .221). Furthermore, Vernon was told that if the cartridge case from the round fired by Files were ever found, it would have teeth-marks on it [1] because Files had bitten down on it (and left it on the picket fence) [4]. Vernon then contacted and visited Rademacher in Texas, and discovered that the cartridge case found near the picket fence was, indeed, dented as Files had predicted [1].

SNIP

In short, the long dash -- 0.04 inches in length -- was used on .222 cartridge headstamps throughout the 1960s. The dash was shortened to 0.015 inches in 1970.

""The cartridge cases found in Dealey Plaza by John Rademacher were manufactured in 1971 or later. The dented cartridge case has nothing to do with James Files or the assassination of President Kennedy. ""

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/Headstamp/

B......

The Tell-Tale Dash:

by Allan Eaglesham

BRIEF CONTEXT

In 1987, John Rademacher dug up two .222-caliber cartridge cases from the north side of Dealey Plaza [1]. One was located about 10 ft east of the picket fence close to the pergola, and the other was some 60 ft to the northeast [2]. Subsequently, Mr. Rademacher was introduced to Kennedy-assassination eyewitness Malcolm Summers by investigator Joe West. From photographs provided by Rademacher of weapons that fire .222 rounds, Mr. Summers identified a Remington XP-100 Fireball pistol as similar to what he had seen in the possession of a man on the north side of Elm Street shortly before the assassination [3].

In 1992, Mr. West was given a lead on the Kennedy assassination by FBI agent Zechariah (Zack) Shelton that led West to James Files, serving a 30-year sentence in Statesville Prison, Joliet, IL, for attempted murder of two policemen in 1991. In August 1992, West visited Joliet and heard a partial confession from Files [1,4]. Joe West died six months later, and the investigation was assumed by Bob Vernon. Mr. Vernon met with Files in Statesville in May of 1993, to be told that he (Files) had assassinated the president with an XP-100 Fireball, modified to fire .222 cartridges [1] (rather than .221). Furthermore, Vernon was told that if the cartridge case from the round fired by Files were ever found, it would have teeth-marks on it [1] because Files had bitten down on it (and left it on the picket fence) [4]. Vernon then contacted and visited Rademacher in Texas, and discovered that the cartridge case found near the picket fence was, indeed, dented as Files had predicted [1].

SNIP

In short, the long dash -- 0.04 inches in length -- was used on .222 cartridge headstamps throughout the 1960s. The dash was shortened to 0.015 inches in 1970.

""The cartridge cases found in Dealey Plaza by John Rademacher were manufactured in 1971 or later. The dented cartridge case has nothing to do with James Files or the assassination of President Kennedy. ""

B......

Thanks, Bernice. That should rid us of the Files fiction. Thanks, Allan.

Jack

The Tell-Tale Dash:

by Allan Eaglesham

BRIEF CONTEXT

SNIP

B......

Thanks for posting this Bernice. A fine piece of research, Allan may have driven in the last nail in Files' coffin. Yet another confirmation of Files' fraudulent claims. Thanks Allan, and well done.

RJS

Thank you Allan for fantastic detective work and a well-written, concise article. That sure took persistence on your part and it really paid off. Thank you for posting the link Bernice.

Now, back to the discussion about who paid for the real bullets and who ordered them...

(Of course even if everything Allan says is true, it does not rule out Files as a shooter. It just rules out the bullets as evidence.

For those interested in Wim's rebuttal, it's on his forum:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/forum/)

Edited by Myra Bronstein

One more time for the hell of it. Rademacher's map attached - the distance between the area where he recovered the shell and the GKS location is ~20 feet. Unless someone threw the shell over the fence [where Files claims he left it], it's a huge leap that the .222 found by Rademacher was in any way related to the GKS location - and it is at odds with Files account - teeth marks or not.

Files also claimed to have been alone behind the fence [Ref: "Files on JFK" interview] - which is not in synch with the account provided by Bowers, Hoffman or photo analyses.

Files also claimed that he was forced to take his shot - to Kennedy's head - before the target passed out of sight behind the Stemmon's Sign [Ref: "Files on JFK" interview]. While that could work for the throat shot [as noted by RB Cutler], it doesn't work for the head.

Files also claimed that he was not wearing a hat - I am not sure if that was covered in his interview or not - which is at odds with the men seen by Mercer and Hoffman.

Files also said that he viewed the impact of the shot he fired through his scope [Ref: "Files on JFK" interview] - which was covered elsewhere as physically impossible.

I would be more interested in knowing whatever became of the 30.06 shell found by Heminger among the roots of the tree, which would have been in front of the GKS location [ref: Heminger letter]

- lee

post-675-1173037929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lee Forman

(Of course even if everything Allan says is true, it does not rule out Files as a shooter. It just rules out the bullets as evidence.

You're kidding right?

No Richard. I am not kidding Richard.

I am pointing out a FACT Richard.

Ruling out some evidence is not the same as PROVING that one person did not commit a crime.

Stating that FACT is not the same as giving an opinion, one way or the other, about what I believe in the case of Files.

Stating that FACT is not the same as saying what I think of the individuals on either side of the issue.

Just a straightforward statement of a FACT.

You're kidding right?

Ruling out some evidence is not the same as PROVING that one person did not commit a crime.

Stating that FACT is not the same as giving an opinion, one way or the other, about what I believe in the case of Files.

Stating that FACT is not the same as saying what I think of the individuals on either side of the issue.

How's this for FACT Myra...Files has been proven to be a xxxx again, and again, and again. By your reasoning, NO ONE is precluded from being an assassin if they were even near Dallas on November 22, 1963. How about doing some research for once. If you're so interested in FACTS, try using some once in a while.

You're kidding right?

How's this for FACT Myra...Files has been proven to be a xxxx again, and again, and again. By your reasoning, NO ONE is precluded from being an assassin if they were even near Dallas on November 22, 1963. How about doing some research for once. If you're so interested in FACTS, try using some once in a while.

"You're kidding right?"

:ice:unsure:

Rademacher.......

The one photo shows him at the right of the pergola where he found the second cartridge..

The other is a photo of past research done, from Jack White...

B..

Thanks, Bernice and Lee, for posting the Rademacher stuff.

Rademacher first approached me about a YEAR before he drew his map and made his presentation

at Marrs' class regarding the shell casings.

A year earlier than his map, he came to my office and showed me an enlargement of "a man

in dark glasses" under the bush next to Zapruder. His blowup did look like a man in dark glasses...

but it was from a HALFTONE OF THE MOORMAN PHOTO. I showed him good copies of the Moorman 5,

and that his man was not in the original, only in the halftone he had copied. He was unconvinced.

A year later, he called me and said he had new evidence and wanted to come to Marrs' class and

make a presentation. In his presentation, he told how he had gone back to the pergola and made

a geological "dig" of the area with his son. They found .22 shell casings in two different locations.

He handed out the map which Lee posted (both Lee's and your's were originally scanned by me).

On the map he had moved his dark-glasses RADEMACHERMAN to the other side of the concrete

wall, where he found one of the shells. (instead of under the bush as he had told me originally)

I believe that he did find two .22 empty shells.

I believe all the rest is theory. (sorry John)

When Mr.X (Files) was being pursued by Joe West and Bob Vernon, they had heard of the

Rademacher story, and attempted to weave it into the Files fabrication...hence the dumb "biting

the bullet" fiction.

Jack

One more time for the hell of it. Rademacher's map attached - the distance between the area where he recovered the shell and the GKS location is ~20 feet. Unless someone threw the shell over the fence [where Files claims he left it], it's a huge leap that the .222 found by Rademacher was in any way related to the GKS location - and it is at odds with Files account - teeth marks or not.

Files also claimed to have been alone behind the fence [Ref: "Files on JFK" interview] - which is not in synch with the account provided by Bowers, Hoffman or photo analyses.

Files also claimed that he was forced to take his shot - to Kennedy's head - before the target passed out of sight behind the Stemmon's Sign [Ref: "Files on JFK" interview]. While that could work for the throat shot [as noted by RB Cutler], it doesn't work for the head.

Files also claimed that he was not wearing a hat - I am not sure if that was covered in his interview or not - which is at odds with the men seen by Mercer and Hoffman.

Files also said that he viewed the impact of the shot he fired through his scope [Ref: "Files on JFK" interview] - which was covered elsewhere as physically impossible.

I would be more interested in knowing whatever became of the 30.06 shell found by Heminger among the roots of the tree, which would have been in front of the GKS location [ref: Heminger letter]

- lee

A close look reveals that Rademacher drew his "map" in 1990. He placed Moorman, Hill and Summers in very inaccurate

locations. He places his "gunman with dark glasses" a few feet away from where I remember him telling me originally

when he first came to me. I remember him giving me photos; I do not remember him telling me anything about

shell casings...since I think I would remember if he showed them to me. He did not show me a map at that time either.

The first time I saw the map was when he handed them out at the Marrs class, and passed around the shells in a

plastic baggie.

Jack

What if I prove Eaglessham wrong, and his research sloppy?

Wim

Wim,

It would prove that the Rademacher casings were manufactured before 1971 and that Allan was wrong.

It would not prove anything in regard of Files claim of having fired one of the two on 22th November 1963,

just clarify, that those casings could have been fired between 1960 and 1971, but not rule out,

that they could have been fired after 1971 also.

In other words, someone if not you still has to prove that Files did shoot at JFK.

Edited by Dave Weaver