The Education Forum

104-10414-10039 "ANGELO" - Russ Holmes Files

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

I attempted to reproduce the document so that anyone who didn't have a MFF account could view the entire document....

104-10414-10039

07/14/1978

SUBJECT "ANGELO"

ANGELO

dpob:

Physical Description as of 1963

Appeared to be either Cuban or Mexican, or Cuban

with characteristics associated with Mexicans

Claimed "Angel" was war name used to raise funds for the JURE Organization.

Trace Information

a. One Angelo HERNANDEZ

is input in the LA/MP system, possibly as a suspect member of the CUIS

and possibly a GOC infiltrator. (No photo)

b. One Jose ANELLO

is input in the LA/MP system, as a DSE interrogator at the DSE office

in Havana. 6' tall, 170 lbs., brown hair and brown eyes, Caucasian. No photo on Cuba desk

c. One Martin ANELLO Meijides

is input in the LA/MP system, as DSE member, stationed at CMUN New York in 1965. Photo attached.

d. One Marios ANGELO (No photo Cuba desk)

born circa 1923 in Cuba, is cited in an Army report, dated 3 January 1963, as about 40 years, 6'2" tall, 200 lbs, light complexion, and a member of G-2 in Moron, Cuba. The subject of the report, LEONOR Ezeqiel Jimenez-Valdera, knew Angelo by sight only, since sometime in 1960. In about 1961, Jimenez knew Angelo was in the G-2, because Angelo rode in the car used by the G-2 to apprehend anti-Castro subjects. In November 1961, JIMENEZ witnessed a trial in Camaguey, Cuba, at which Angelo was present as the official present in charge of the prisoners from Moron who were on trial. A Cuban national known to JIMENEZ only as Moralito accompanied Angelo everywhere.

e. Attached are LA/MP input sheets, for your information, on Angel HERNANDEZ, Jose ANELLO and Martin ANELLO Meijides.

On the last page of this document there is a photo with the caption below

Martin ANELLO Meijides circa 1963

END

Robert,

If you are looking to ID the guys who visited Sylvia Odio, may I suggest you check into a character by the name of Jorge Volsky. I'm sure documents exist in the various data bases. I submit he was a 'go to' man as to how the operation was put together.

Remembering that if you come across the names Dr. Manuel Mendez or Stanley Zamka, they are in fact aliases of David Morales.

FWIW.

James

Robert,

If you are looking to ID the guys who visited Sylvia Odio, may I suggest you check into a character by the name of Jorge Volsky. I'm sure documents exist in the various data bases. I submit he was a 'go to' man as to how the operation was put together.

Remembering that if you come across the names Dr. Manuel Mendez or Stanley Zamka, they are in fact aliases of David Morales.

FWIW.

James

Thank's James.

• 2 months later...

Another one:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

(Volsky is mentioned on page 9)

Note the date of the document - September 20th '63. The CIA is saying that JURE (along with NBC) is trying to discredit them. On page 9 it describes Volsky as an advisor to one of JURE'S leaders,Rogelio Cisneros. Now the date of the Odio incident was supposed to have been 6 or 7 days later if I remember rightly, and involved two people (likely with CIA connections) trying to pass themselves off as having connections to JURE, the theory being that the assassination could then be traced back to them.

Now James mentions Volsky as being involved in how the Odio affair was put together.

Is it me or is there something a bit odd about the whole thing? :lol:

Is it me or is there something a bit odd about the whole thing?

No, Francesca, [at least IMO] the words you penned above may be classic understatement, the saga of what were the real names of Angel and Leopoldo, arguably has been a running controversy for quite some time. The perception that Angel Murgado aka Angel Kennedy is definitely "Angel" has it's appeal, & I am of the school that Joan Mellen's AFTJ is a very, very good source of information regarding the parts of Garrison's case that have been validated, but that does not mean that I agree or believe every piece of information contained therein. I would mention that the updated AFTJ appears to have rectified the footnote problem, I just don't like getting into a debating contest with the pro-Garrison/anti-Garrison faction's. I suppose I am like everyone else, in that I would like to see the "2 Cuban's with Oswald" matter resolved to EVERYONE'S satisfaction, which outside of a REAL investigation, [which hasn't happened yet, IMO] does not appear likely. I will say also IMO, that in many instances, the unidentified large heavy set. Cuban [singular] l.....with Oswald was Lawrence Howard. According to John Armstrong, [of Harvey & Lee fame]......."a 1959 or 1960 light blue or light green Nash Rambler was owned by Lawrence Howard. and....A 1962 Rambler Ambassador, 4 door station wagon M#H171787 was owned by Clay Shaw”........

Hi Robert,

I must admit to being confused about who the two Cubans were who visited Silvia Odio. So many differing sources identifying them as various people I don't know what to think!

In TMWKTM, Richard Nagell seemed to point towards Tony Cuesta being one of them (can't remember which one).

I have not read the updated version of AFTJ, I have the first edition but agree with your comments on it. I think the book received some very unfair criticism.

As to Lawrence Howard, yes he seems to have been involved a lot with Oswald imo. During the HSCA investigation, during questioning of the Clinton/Jackson witnesses, a place called Marydale Farm came up. Apparently quite a few Cubans worked there and Howard was identified by one of the locals as working on the farm in the period leading up to the assassination. The farm was owned by Clay Shaw's friend Lloyd Cobb. I don't think the HSCA followed up on this though.

I had read about Shaw owning a Rambler in an article by Walt Brown. What exactly does John Armstrong say about it? Does he have any more details on this?

Well at least, unlike the Warren Commission, we know three people that they were not.

The FBI showed pictures of Howard, Hall and Seymour to Sylvia and her sister who specifically

said that none of them matched their three visitors. Of course the FBI conveniently decided not

to share this information when telling the WC that indeed it was all a mistake and the visitors were

Hall, Howard and Seymour.

-- Larry

Hi Robert,

I must admit to being confused about who the two Cubans were who visited Silvia Odio. So many differing sources identifying them as various people I don't know what to think!

In TMWKTM, Richard Nagell seemed to point towards Tony Cuesta being one of them (can't remember which one).

I have not read the updated version of AFTJ, I have the first edition but agree with your comments on it. I think the book received some very unfair criticism.

As to Lawrence Howard, yes he seems to have been involved a lot with Oswald imo. During the HSCA investigation, during questioning of the Clinton/Jackson witnesses, a place called Marydale Farm came up. Apparently quite a few Cubans worked there and Howard was identified by one of the locals as working on the farm in the period leading up to the assassination. The farm was owned by Clay Shaw's friend Lloyd Cobb. I don't think the HSCA followed up on this though.

I had read about Shaw owning a Rambler in an article by Walt Brown. What exactly does John Armstrong say about it? Does he have any more details on this?

[...] According to John Armstrong, [of "Harvey & Lee" fame]......." [...] A 1962 Rambler Ambassador, 4 door station wagon M#H171787 was owned by Clay Shaw”........

Hi Robert,

Thanks for that juicy little tidbit!

Does anyone know what color Shaw's '62 Rambler station wagon was? Is there any way to find out based on the license plate number (if that's what "M#H171787" represents)?

I wonder why a wealthy, "classy," stylish, cultured dude like Shaw would even own a "cheap and ugly" car like a Rambler station wagon? For "slumming" purposes? For transporting arms and materiel? For lending to Ferrie for duck-hunting expeditions? Probably all of the above. lol

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Armstrong's tome does not provide a wealth of information concerning said topic the footnote citation lists

"Letter from Womack Insurance. Agency to Shaw 3/24/64" as source of information regarding same.

While we are on the topic of key information, I have suggested to various people w/o much of a response of starting a thread [with chart] of all vehicles related to the assassination instead of the usual [one car in isolation] technique....any takers

Armstrong's tome does not provide a wealth of information concerning said topic the footnote citation lists

"Letter from Womack Insurance. Agency to Shaw 3/24/64" as source of information regarding same.

While we are on the topic of key information, I have suggested to various people w/o much of a response of starting a thread [with chart] of all vehicles related to the assassination instead of the usual [one car in isolation] technique....any takers

I nominate....

Hi Robert,

I don't know if you have seen this but there is more detail in this article by Walt Brown. I posted a few weeks ago originally but can't find the thread so here it is again:

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/DPQ/shaw-rambler.htm