The Education Forum

Was Lovelady A Big Fat Prevaricator, Or What?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

If the running woman is NOT Gloria, how was it possible for Gloria to have run from her position watching the motorcade to the TSBD doorway, and then to have had a conversation with Lovelady and Shelley before they leave the steps,

and before Officer Baker starts to run from his parked motorcycle.

If the running woman WAS Gloria Calvery, it was still impossible for her to have a conversation with Lovelady and Shelley BEFORE Baker reached the steps. Watching the film (Couch or Darnell?) Baker is obviously going to beat Running Woman to the steps.

NO ONE is going to convince anyone here that Running Woman made it to the steps before Baker did.

1 minute ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

If the running woman WAS Gloria Calvery, it was still impossible for her to have a conversation with Lovelady and Shelley BEFORE Baker reached the steps. Watching the film (Couch or Darnell?) Baker is obviously going to beat Running Woman to the steps.

NO ONE is going to convince anyone here that Running Woman made it to the steps before Baker did.

That's the point, during the Baker run Lovelady and Shelly are standing over near the concrete island ?

That's NOT Couch, it's Darnell

So it is. Now that we have that straight, the person whose head is just below PM's right elbow is my choice for Lovelady.

This was discussed on here before, and suddenly all of the stills of this person showed him to have dazzling white hair; much the same way Shelley and Lovelady, walking down Elm together, suddenly both acquired plaid coats.

That's the point, during the Baker run Lovelady and Shelly are standing over near the concrete island ?

NOT according to their WC testimonies. You will have to prove that to me. I do not believe that is Shelley and Lovelady seen in the film (Couch? Darnell?) walking down the Elm St. extension together; just as you do not believe PM is Oswald.

" Mr. BALL - Right after you talked to Gloria, did you leave the steps and go toward the tracks? 
Mr. LOVELADY - Yes."

10 minutes ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

NOT according to their WC testimonies. You will have to prove that to me. I do not believe that is Shelley and Lovelady seen in the film (Couch? Darnell?) walking down the Elm St. extension together; just as you do not believe PM is Oswald.

" Mr. BALL - Right after you talked to Gloria, did you leave the steps and go toward the tracks? 
Mr. LOVELADY - Yes."

Ok that's a fair comment

But as yet i have not seen any photographic evidence showing that Lovelady and Shelley are still on the steps as Baker approaches.

or

Are you saying that they have already left for the rail tracks ?

Darnell%20crop.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Are you just pretending not to comprehend what I am saying, Robin? I can take a joke as well as the next guy but, I would appreciate it if we could have a serious discussion here.

Why do you think I would quote this part of Lovelady's testimony

" " Mr. BALL - Right after you talked to Gloria, did you leave the steps and go toward the tracks? 
Mr. LOVELADY - Yes."

if I thought Lovelady and Shelley had already left for the rail yard as Baker approaches?

How could Calvery have beaten Baker to the steps? And, if Baker beat Calvery to the steps, how could Shelley and Lovelady leave the steps before Baker got there, if they testified to speaking to Gloria Calvery WHILE she was on the steps, prior to their leaving the steps??

3 hours ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

Are you just pretending not to comprehend what I am saying, Robin? I can take a joke as well as the next guy but, I would appreciate it if we could have a serious discussion here.

" " Mr. BALL - Right after you talked to Gloria, did you leave the steps and go toward the tracks? 
Mr. LOVELADY - Yes."

if I thought Lovelady and Shelley had already left for the rail yard as Baker approaches?

How could Calvery have beaten Baker to the steps? And, if Baker beat Calvery to the steps, how could Shelley and Lovelady leave the steps before Baker got there, if they testified to speaking to Gloria Calvery WHILE she was on the steps, prior to their leaving the steps??

I believe that a lot of this is confusion caused by changing statements and testimonies.

Just yesterday I read Shelley saying that he met Calvary at the island across the street from the TSBD. Then today Robin posted WC testimony from Shelley which made it sound like Calvary met him at the TSBD steps.

In that same testimony, Shelley essentially said that Baker didn't look like he was going to enter the TSBD till 3 or 4 minutes after the shooting took place. And yet the official story is that Baker went inside just 20 to 30 seconds after. Yesterday I read Lovelady testimony agreeing with that.

Bob, you asked Robin:

"Mr. BALL - Right after you talked to Gloria, did you leave the steps and go toward the tracks? 
Mr. LOVELADY - Yes."

You saw those two statements as contradictory. But it depends on which version of testimony you have in mind when you read the two statements. I didn't see the conflict till I read your explanation that followed in your post. Because the version of Baker's timing I had in mind was that he didn't go into the TSBD till 3 or 4 minutes after the shooting.

(Lord, I hope what I just wrote makes sense. My six year old is demanding attention and I can't think straight with her constant complaining.)

Edited by Sandy Larsen

LOL Sandy, that's why they're called the Wonder Years....you wonder how you're going to survive them. :)

And yet, when they're 25 years old and don't have much time for you anymore, you'd give anything to go back to those simpler times. I envy you, my friend, I really do.

1 hour ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

LOL Sandy, that's why they're called the Wonder Years....you wonder how you're going to survive them. :)

And yet, when they're 25 years old and don't have much time for you anymore, you'd give anything to go back to those simpler times. I envy you, my friend, I really do.

Actually I envy me too, LOL, by which I mean I love having the little one around. And I wish she would never grow up!

We only have the one girl and I wish we could have one more. With only one it's not hard, except that she has no one to play with and I feel bad about that. Luckily she's like her old man and easily gets absorbed into whatever is catching her interest at the time. (I did have brothers and sisters when I was her age, yet usually was off doing my own things that interested nobody else.)

There's nothing finer than having a little girl say "I love you, dada."

Edited by Sandy Larsen

7 hours ago, Ken Davies said:

Tommy,

Yes, I do. Witnesses often have trouble with time. Also, most of the labourers, in my neck of the world,did not wear watches to work in the 60s.

He may or may not have been stretching the truth, but his comments are not "beyond belief".  I joined The American Trial Lawyers Association in 1979. I have dealt with a few witnesses since then.?

Ken,

I'm surprised that Ball even asked him that question, then.

Instead, he should have asked whether or not he had a watch.  LOL

--  Tommy :sun