The Education Forum

New Article by John Armstrong

1. Greg Parker has come up with an alternate explanation for the school records which the H&L people "misinterpret" to their advantage. This can be viewed at his site and the H&L people can debate him there if they disagree.

2. John Pic and Robert Oswald provided much important information, but everything they said is not necessarily correct. Robert was right that LHO WOULD HAVE attended Stripling. However, he left for NYC so that did not happen.

3. Greg Parker has demonstrated the problem with Frank Kudlaty. He was a friend of Jack White and only "remembered" his alleged experiences after White got a hold of him. Same thing with Joe Nick Patowski-he was acquainted with Kudkaty and tended to believe him because of that.

4. People Armstrong interviewed must be viewed with extreme skepticism for a couple of reasons. First, 40 years had gone by. Second, Armstrong's method if "interviewing" is highly suspect. He asks leading questions rather than objective ones as a journalist would do. The individuals are told they are important witnesses to a secret history. A more reasonable explanation for all of these witnesses is they are thinking of Robert.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A careful reading of the WC testimony of the natal family of Lee Harvey Oswald offers a more reasonable explanation of these school records.

The poverty of Marguerite Oswald at all levels is the key.  She moved to New York with her wealthy new husband, Mr. Ekdahl, and when they divorced, Marguerite and young Lee had to move from the rich side of town to a poorer side of town.

At first they imposed on her eldest son John Pic and his wife, but Marguerite was a control freak, and could not get along with John's wife.  Well, Marguerite also had a more-than- full-time job, so they could have muddled through, but all this was too much for the young teenager, Lee Harvey Oswald, who began to channel his mother after school every week day and on weekends, until Mrs. Pic could no longer stand it. 

Out they went again, this time to an even poorer side of town, and young Lee never went to a worse school in his life.  Truancy became a big problem for Lee, and he even struck his mother during this time.  A local judge ordered a psychiatric examination.  Teenage angst had overcome our boy.

All this moving around during the school year was not easy to record by using the primitive bureaucratic forms of 1953.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

10 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Greg Parker has demonstrated the problem with Frank Kudlaty. He was a friend of Jack White and only "remembered" his alleged experiences after White got a hold of him. Same thing with Joe Nick Patowski-he was acquainted with Kudkaty and tended to believe him because of that.

Oh, sure, and the Harvey and Lee Menace® has spread to last month’s Fort Worth Star Telegram, which reports that Oswald’s “teachers and classmates remember him at Stripling, though there is no official record.”  Your denials are approaching the bizarre.

Read the article HERE.

8 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Oh, sure, and the Harvey and Lee Menace® has spread to last month’s Fort Worth Star Telegram, which reports that Oswald’s “teachers and classmates remember him at Stripling, though there is no official record.”  Your denials are approaching the bizarre.

Read the article HERE.

And that is all it says with no other detail. Again, the likelihood is they are misremembering Robert. Their motive? It is not significant to say that you remember Robert Oswald but it would be to say you remember LHO. That is just human nature.

24 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

And that is all it says with no other detail. Again, the likelihood is they are misremembering Robert. Their motive? It is not significant to say that you remember Robert Oswald but it would be to say you remember LHO. That is just human nature.

Tracy,

I tend to agree with this.   Cases of "mistaken identity" are often built on such shabby ground.

Attempting to build a spy story based on countless cases of "mistaken identity" appears to be a new art form pioneered by John Armstrong.  

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

19 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Thanks Paul.

Here is the school record for Oswald attending Beauregard Junior High School in New Orleans:

Texas school records used rows for semesters and columns for classes taken... the opposite of the way New York did it. Each row represents one semester. If you look at the far right of the rows you will see that the top two rows are for the 1953/54 school year. The third row gives the total score for that school year. That is, for each class taken in those two semesters, the average of the two scores  is computed and entered on the third row. As you can see, the same was done for the three rows below those, for the 1954/55 school year.

The row to focus on is the top one, which has been highlighted yellow, as this is the first semester of the 1953/54 school year. (The first semester of a school year typically begins in September, but may begin in August depending upon which state the school is located in.)

Looking at top row, we see that for the first semester of 8th grade Oswald received a score of 70 in General Science and 70 in Physical Education. (I can't make out the second digit in the General Science score. So the score maybe a little higher than 70.)

And there we have it. During the first semester of the 1953/54 school year, Oswald attended two school simultaneously. And although he attended only part time at Beauregard, this contradiction cannot be explained away by saying the boy was attending one school early in the day and the other school later in the day, because the two schools are located in different states.

Now, if this was the only evidence we had of Oswald being in two places at the same time, then I would chalk this contradiction up to being some kind of weird hard-to-explain error. But there are several other cases, and as a whole the evidence is very strong.

Sandy,

Thanks for the second school record for Lee Harvey Oswald in New York.  You have laid out the case in a very clear manner.  Your explanation of the manual administrative record-keeping system was most helpful.

In my reading, this is not proof of two boys named Lee Harvey Oswald attending two different schools, with two mothers named Marguerite Oswald, but rather of a combination of New York records for one student.

The book-keeping is unclear -- we in ITS would call it sloppy today -- but in 1950, when all paperwork was locally controlled school to school -- this is the clumsy system they had to work with.

I have taken Tracy Parnell's advice and examined Greg Parker's critique of this "Two Oswalds Two Schools" claim, and I agree with Greg.  This is a case of misinterpretation of the clumsy school records that were kept in the early 1950's.   (Here was a great motive for computerizing and thus standardizing record-keeping for New York schools.)

There was only One Oswald in question, with One Mother, and the boy went to Two Schools in the New York area, because she kept moving around.   That's all the record says to me. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

To Paul Trejo,

You take my answer completely out of context.  I was responding to a post by W. Tracy Parnell, who says he believes the Warren Report, which is why I answered him as I did.  I’ll answer you from a different perspective. 

John A. has shown that two young men, part of an intelligence operation, shared the identity of “Lee Harvey Oswald.”  If you believe there was a third “Lee Harvey Oswald” of roughly the same age in the U.S. in the 1950s and early 1960s in roughly the same region as our boys, prove it!  It should be easy to do.  I cannot  prove a negative.

It is clear from the reports of HSCA staffers that James Wilcott knew far more than he was allowed to say during his executive testimony.  It is also clear that he passed something called a “Cuban stress analysis,” though we aren’t told what that is, and that he was eager to take a lie detector test.

There is an enormous amount of evidence that what Wilcott called the “Oswald Project” was a creation of the CIA.  We have been through this a number of times before, but you have never given a credible rebuttal.  Here’s my list again….

21 Facts Indicating the Oswald Project Was Run by the CIA

1. CIA accountant James Wilcott said he made payments to an encrypted account for “Oswald or the Oswald Project.”

2. Antonio Veciana said he saw LHO meeting with CIA’s Maurice Bishop/David Atlee Phillips in Dallas in August 1963.

3. A 1978 CIA memo indicates that a CIA operations officer “had run an agent into the USSR, that man having met a Russian girl and eventually marrying her,” a case very similar to Oswald’s and clearly indicating that the Agency ran a “false defector” program in the 1950s.

4. Robert Webster and LHO "defected" a few months apart in 1959, both tried to "defect" on a Saturday, both possessed "sensitive" information of possible value to the Russians, both were befriended by Marina Prusakova, and both returned to the United States in the spring of 1962.

5. Richard Sprague, Richard Schweiker, and CIA agents Donald Norton and Joseph Newbrough all said LHO was associated with the CIA. 

6. CIA employee Donald Deneslya said he read reports of a CIA "contact" who had worked at a radio factory in Minsk and returned to the US with a Russian wife and child.

7. Kenneth Porter, employee of CIA-connected Collins Radio, left his family to marry (and probably monitor) Marina Oswald after LHO’s death.

8. George Joannides, case officer and paymaster for DRE (which LHO had attempted to infiltrate) was put in charge of lying to the HSCA and never told them of his relationship to DRE.

9. For his achievements, Joannides was given a medal by the CIA.

10. FBI took Oswald off the watch list at the same time a CIA cable gave him a clean bill of political health, weeks after Oswald’s New Orleans arrest and less than two months before the assassination.

11. Oswald’s lengthy “Lives of Russian Workers” essay reads like a pretty good intelligence report.

12. Oswald’s possessions were searched for microdots.

13. Oswald owned an expensive Minox spy camera, which the FBI tried to make disappear.

14. Even the official cover story of the radar operator near American U-2 planes defecting to Russia, saying he would give away all his secrets, and returning home without penalty smells like a spy story.

15. CIA Richard Case Nagell clearly knew about the plot to assassinate JFK and LHO’s relation to it, and he said that the CIA and the FBI ignored his warnings.

16. LHO always seemed poor as a church mouse, until it was time to go “on assignment.”  For his Russian adventure, we’re to believe he saved all the money he needed for first class European hotels and private tour guides in Moscow from the non-convertible USMC script he saved. In the summer of 1963, he once again seemed to have enough money to travel abroad to Communist nations.

17. To this day, the CIA claims it never interacted with Oswald, that it didn’t even bother debriefing him after the “defection.” What utter bs….

18. After he “defected” to the Soviet Union in 1959, bragging to U.S. embassy personnel in Moscow that he would tell the Russians everything he knew about U.S. military secrets, he returns to the U.S. without punishment and is then in 1963 given the OK to travel to Cuba and the Soviet Union again!

19. Allen Dulles, the CIA director fired by JFK, and the Warren Commission clearly wanted the truth hidden from the public to protect sources and methods of intelligence agencies such as the CIA. Earl Warren said, “Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security.”

20. CIA's Ann Egerter, who worked for J.J. Angleton's Counterintelligence Special Interest Group (CI/SIG), opened a "201" file on Oswald on December 9, 1960.  Egerter testified to the HSCA: "We were charged with the investigation of Agency personnel....”  When asked if the purpose was to "investigate Agency employees," she answered, "That is correct."  When asked, "Would there be any other reason for opening up a file?" she answered, "No, I can't think of one."

21. President Kennedy and the CIA clearly were at war with each other in the weeks immediately before his assassination, as evidenced by Arthur Krock's infamous defense of the Agency in the Oct. 3, 1963 New York Times. “Oswald” was the CIA’s pawn.

To Jim Hargrove,

Actually, I believe in the Warren Report, too, up to a point (everything spoken by the Oswald family, the White Russians, the Paines and the folks from Washington DC, I believe fully).  

Your team believes in the Warren Report, too, really, because you quote from the WC quite a lot (especially the "mistaken identity" cases, which you misinterpret as real sightings of Lee Harvey Oswald).

As for your "21 Facts Indicating the Oswald Project Was Run by the CIA" they are entirely hearsay, as I've often demonstrated in this and other threads.  By merely reposting them, please don't imagine that you freshen them up.  They are no longer fresh.

Your failure to make one, single cogent argument for your case is what you're ultimately offering this Forum.  Readers are picking this up, IMHO.  This is slowly working out as a public service.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

12 hours ago, Michael Walton said:
On 12/14/2017 at 8:38 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Paul,

Here is Oswald's school record for Public School #44 in New York City:

Oh Sandy not those school records again!  Greg Parker and others totally debunked this as simple cases of written errors in the record.

In your dreams, Michael.

If you are so sure the school records issue has been debunked, why don't you explain it to us yourself?

I know the reason why you don't... it's because it hasn't been debunk. You'll call anything supporting H&L debunked whether it has been or not. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing so.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

11 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

1. Greg Parker has come up with an alternate explanation for the school records which the H&L people "misinterpret" to their advantage.

Greg's explanation is that Oswald attended PS 44 in New York City for part a the semester, and Beauregard Junior High for the remainder of the semester. And that's the reason we see him attending both schools simultaneously.

The problem with this hypothesis is that the records show that Oswald passed classes at both schools. It is impossible to pass a class without 1) doing the homework and being graded on it;  2) taking the tests, including the final exam; and 3) getting a final score of greater than 60 out of 100.

If Oswald transferred from Public School 44 to Beauregard part way though the semester, he wouldn't have passed any class at Public School 44 and wouldn't have received any credit. In order to receive credit for the work he'd done at Public School 44, he would have had to take the very same classes at Beauregard. Upon completing his schoolwork there, he would have received credit for every class he passed.

11 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

I have taken Tracy Parnell's advice and examined Greg Parker's critique of this "Two Oswalds Two Schools" claim, and I agree with Greg.  This is a case of misinterpretation of the clumsy school records that were kept in the early 1950's.   (Here was a great motive for computerizing and thus standardizing record-keeping for New York schools.)

No Paul, you did NOT examine Greg Parker's critique of this "Two Oswalds Two Schools" claim. Because had you done so you would know that your understanding of Greg's position is incorrect. He does NOT say it's a case of clumsy school records or the misinterpretation thereof.

Shame on you for pretending to have done that. You join the likes of Mike Walton in being the type of person who takes a position first and then willfully ignores the evidence.

FYI Greg's position is that Oswald attended PS 44 in NYC for part of the semester and Beauregard in NO for the remainder of the semester.

9 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

In your dreams, Michael.

If you are so sure the school records issue has been debunked, why don't you explain it to us yourself?

I know the reason why you don't... it's because it hasn't been debunk. You'll call anything supporting H&L debunked whether it has been or not. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing so.

It's all mistaken clerical errors, Sandy.  That's all it is. Oswald was no more special back then than any other kid he was going to school with. In other words, out of the thousands of kids going through the school system, handwritten errors were going to be made by school officials, volunteers helping out, and others. If they even still exist, we could probably go back to my own school records and there could be a mistake or two. That's my explanation of it.  It's not an Earth-shattering debunk of it and the reason for that is simple as well....it doesn't need to be Earth-shattering. They're just little mistakes, that's all.

Like everything else in the Hardly Lee story, it's little errors here and there combined with a lot of other hooey that the Hardly story is all based on.

3 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

It's all mistaken clerical errors, Sandy.  That's all it is.

Explained away like a Warren Commission apologist would, saying "it's all just clerical errors" while brushing his hands off and walking away.

How convenient.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Explained away like a Warren Commission apologist would, saying "it's all just clerical errors" while brushing his hands off and walking away.

How convenient.

Sandy, just for your info - I'm far from being a WC apologist.  As a matter of fact I'm a CT supporter. I cannot, however, buy in to all of the far-fetched theories out there.

Also, have you ever decided on where you fall on this case?  I recall many posts ago that you said you were still studying the evidence and were agnostic about the case. It's totally your business one or the other but I'm genuinely curious.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Michael Walton said:
5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

How convenient.

Sandy, just for your info - I'm far from being a WC apologist.  As a matter of fact I'm a CT supporter.

Yes. But your arguments (if they can be called that) against H&L are like those of a WC apologist.

4 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

Also, have you ever decided on where you fall on this case?  I recall many posts ago that you said you were still studying the evidence and were agnostic about the case. It's totally your business one or the other but I'm genuinely curious.  Thanks.

I'm ALWAYS studying the evidence. I keep an open mind and change my mind whenever evidence dictates I should.

But generally speaking, I believe Oswald was a false defector and contract agent for the CIA. The CIA planned and executed the assassination, the primary reason being that Kennedy's policies were counter those of the far-right dominated MIC and CIA leadership. A secondary reason being to create a context for war with Cuba specifically and communism in general.

The Oswald we know was born in a Russian speaking environment, somewhere in Eastern Europe. He immigrated to America and the CIA saw in him an opportunity to insert a Russian speaking spy into the Soviet Union. The CIA enlisted the real Oswald in order to provide a background for our Oswald.

Our Oswald had nothing to do with the assassination. One or more Oswald impersonators were involved in framing our Oswald for the assassination. Ruth Paine was a CIA operative who was used to help place Oswald in the TSBD, and later to feed incriminating evidence to the FBI. Most of these individual had no idea they were setting up Oswald. Of course, they figured it out immediately after the assassination.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

...Ruth Paine was a CIA operative who was used to help place Oswald in the TSBD, and later to feed incriminating evidence to the FBI...

Sandy,

You've challenged my understanding of Lee Harvey Oswald's school records -- so I'm going to respond to that in a moment.   Yet I can't let this bit of nonsense from you escape without a challenge.

I've examined all of the evidence on Ruth Paine -- all of it -- and there's a ton.   You have NOTHING in the way of solid evidence to back up this sort of insult.  You are insulting a living person -- a mother with living children.   You think I should be ashamed, but rather, the shame belongs to you for spreading these rumors which have no foundation in fact.

That said, I'll return to the topic of Lee Harvey Oswald's school records -- which you clearly misunderstand.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo