The Education Forum

New Article by John Armstrong

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

You are obviously receptive to the Armstrong information....

Well, yes Tracy - I *am* receptive to the evidence Armstrong presents - but I am also receptive to credible refutations of that evidence.  In any case, I will peruse the Web sites you, Bart Kamp and others  recommend.

Jim Hargrove wrote: Jefferson's Morley's take-down of Mr. Parnell's latest effort is here....

I am well into reading Morley's "Ghost"; and his book "Our Man in Mexico: Winston Scott..." now lies on the top of my "to-read" pile. In the meantime, there are other "Harvey and Lee" subjects that I believe might be appropriate for discussion in this "Jim Armstrong" message thread, and which I will thus post as time permits.  Thanks, ML

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Jefferson's Morley's take-down of Mr. Parnell's latest effort is here:

http://jfkfacts.org/two-different-views-antonio-veciana/

I would hardly call that a "take-down." My whole thing with Morley was that as a journalist, he should be more skeptical. His friend John Newman apparently is just that and flat out states that Veciana's 1959 and 1960 scenarios of meeting Bishop (who he now says is David Phillips) are not true.

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2018/07/john-newman-on-veciana.html

Not really.  He is saying that they did not happen at that certain time.

Veciana has not replied yet.   

But that does that matter to Parnell?  Heck no.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Not really.  He is saying that they did not happen at that certain time.

Veciana has not replied yet.   

But that does that matter to Parnell?  Heck no.

Newman's exact quote from the video:

"He [Veciana] may have been involved with Phillips but it certainly wasn't in 1960 in Cuba and it certainly wasn't in 1959." Which is what I said above and in the article on my website. I understand that Newman still believes Veciana was with Phillips at some point and my article makes that clear. But Newman is at least skeptical of some of Veciana's story and understands that Veciana has not been truthful on everything. Morley seems to accept just about everything and that was my point.

12 hours ago, Mark Lawson said:

Well, yes Tracy - I *am* receptive to the evidence Armstrong presents - but I am also receptive to credible refutations of that evidence.  In any case, I will peruse the Web sites you, Bart Kamp and others  recommend.

Jim Hargrove wrote: Jefferson's Morley's take-down of Mr. Parnell's latest effort is here....

I am well into reading Morley's "Ghost"; and his book "Our Man in Mexico: Winston Scott..." now lies on the top of my "to-read" pile. In the meantime, there are other "Harvey and Lee" subjects that I believe might be appropriate for discussion in this "Jim Armstrong" message thread, and which I will thus post as time permits.  Thanks, ML

Ghost is good, more informative in Many ways than Cold Warrior, I've not read the other one (wilderness of mirrors?).  But, much as I love and appreciate Jeff's work, especially his perseverance in suing the government for public information, I wish he would have went deeper into Angleton and the JFK assassination.  Saving Jew's in the rat lines as well as Nazi's after WWII, giving Israel nuclear capability after JFK died, that was revelatory for me.

Jeff does not speculate.  But the info he provides does make me wonder if Angleton was not involved in the manipulation of Oswald, years before Dallas and in his placement the weeks and months before the assassination.  Actually it's pretty convincing he did.  

Kudos to Jim Lesar for hanging with him in the swamp that still is Washington, pro bono, thus far.  I hope they appeal again. In spite of Kavanugh and whoever his shill shall be.  It keeps the subject somewhat in the public eye in spite of being ignored by Jeff's former employer the Washington Post, and it's sister paper the NYT.  What should we expect from the billionaire owned main stream media.  Talk about fake news.  It's what they don't report that matters.   

11 hours ago, Mark Lawson said:

Ghost is good, more informative in Many ways than Cold Warrior, I've not read the other one (wilderness of mirrors?).  But, much as I love and appreciate Jeff's work, especially his perseverance in suing the government for public information, I wish he would have went deeper into Angleton and the JFK assassination.  Saving Jew's in the rat lines as well as Nazi's, giving Israel nuclear capability after JFK died, that was revelatory for me.

Jeff does not speculate.  But the info he provides does make me wonder if Angleton was not involved in the manipulation of Oswald, years before Dallas.  Actually it's pretty convincing he did.  

Kudos to Jim Lesar for hanging with him in the swamp that still is Washington, pro bono, thus far.  I hope they appeal again. In spite of Kavanugh and whoever is schill 

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

... Saving Jews in the rat lines as well as Nazis after WWII, giving Israel nuclear capability after JFK died, that was revelatory for me....

Spot-on comments, Ron.  Regarding the "rat lines," which resulted in the escape of Nazi war criminals Vlaerio Borghese and Eugen Dollmann, and the treasonous "Operation Sunrise" secretly conducted by Allen Dulles, I highly recommend David Talbot's The Devil's Chessboard.  There's more on James Jesus Angleton there, too.

See also Christian Dewar's 2005 online article "Nazis in the CIA closet: The Origins of Fascism in the United States," at http://archive.democrats.com/view.cfm?id=9099; and Paul Dickson's book Sputnik, in which the author relates the story of how some 135 Nazi rocket engineers and production workers, along with advanced rocket hardware were, at the end of WWII, quickly (and of course very quietly) smuggled out of Germany, and then resettled in the US.  Called, "Operation Paperclip," this program included Werner von Braun, who was not only a Nazi party member, but also held the rank of Sturmbannführer (equal to the US Army rank of major) in the SS.  https://www.amazon.com/Sputnik-Shock-Century-Paul-Dickson/dp/0802779514

14 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

... the info [Morley] provides does make me wonder if Angleton was not involved in the manipulation of Oswald, years before Dallas.  Actually it's pretty convincing he did....

"... The CIA's handling of information about Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, is a story shrouded in deception and perjury, theories and disinformation, lies and legends.  But at least one aspect of the story cannot be disputed: Angleton controlled the CIA's file on Oswald for four years - from his defection in October 1959 until his death in November 1963.

"Angleton would conceal this fact for the rest of his life.  He hid it from the Warren Commission and he obfuscated about it with congressional investigators in the 1970s.  The story only began to emerge when Congress ordered the declassification of long-secret JFK assassination records in the 1990s...."  From The Ghost, by Jefferson Morley, p. 87.

16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

[Morley and Lesar keep] the subject somewhat in the public eye in spite of being ignored by Jeff's former employer the Washington Post, and its sister paper the NYT.  What should we expect from the billionaire owned main stream media.  Talk about fake news.  It's what they don't report that matters.

A travesty and a tragedy, I'd say.  ML

To Mark Lawson….

Sorry about not responding to your email.  I get scores of notes (many of them spam) to that address just about every day and simply can’t read—let alone respond—to many other than those from people I know.  I had hoped that putting the address in tiny type would spare me the spam, but I was clearly mistaken about that, and it takes more time than I have available to separate the wheat from the chaff.

We’ve debated here for years about whether there were one, two, or even more “Lee Harvey Oswalds.”   For the time begin, I’m happy to let the evidence presented on my website speak for itself. John has been asking me to put some stuff up on a FB group, and between that and H&L website updates my additional free time is pretty limited. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks about multiple Oswalds, there is also the issue of what CIA accountant James Wilcott called the CIA’s “Oswald project.”  To my mind, “Oswald’s” intel connections were obvious from the beginning.  Isn’t it amazing that a so-called troubled “loner” with no particular political connections to anyone would have a gazillion pages of documents about him declared secret for national security reasons?  

I’m not aware of any dead links on my website.  If you have found some, I’d appreciate hearing about them.  Please feel free to respond here or, if you’d prefer to communicate privately, I’ll try to watch for your name at my gmail address.  Thanks again for your interest.

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Sorry about not responding to your email.  I get scores of notes (many of them spam) to that address just about every day and simply can’t read—let alone respond—to many other than those from people I know.

Thanks for the reply, Jim.  I certainly do understand your frustration with SPAM and other junk/crazy e-mail traffic.  I wouldn't want to trade places with you. <grin>

Regarding the "Harvey and Lee" Web site, I will reply to you offline.  ML

Here's why W. Tracy HATES Veciana....

Way back in 1977, Mr. Veciana testified that, "the person who travelled to Mexico City and visited the Cuban Embassy was not Lee Harvey Oswald, but was in fact a man disguised as Oswald.  He was his double, from that time on Oswald was being framed as the Castro agent."  Below are excerpts of Mr. Veciana's statements....

Veciana_1.jpg

Veciana_2.jpg

Veciana_3.jpg

5 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Here's why W. Tracy HATES Veciana....

Way back in 1977, Mr. Veciana testified that, "the person who travelled to Mexico City and visited the Cuban Embassy was not Lee Harvey Oswald, but was in fact a man disguised as Oswald.  He was his double, from that time on Oswald was being framed as the Castro agent."  Below are excerpts of Mr. Veciana's statements....

Veciana_1.jpg

Veciana_2.jpg

Veciana_3.jpg

Good stuff Jim. Thanks!

11 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Way back in 1977, Mr. Veciana testified that, "the person who travelled to Mexico City and visited the Cuban Embassy was not Lee Harvey Oswald, but was in fact a man disguised as Oswald.

This is not "testimony" but rather statements he made on TV. All of this is just his own speculation and obviously fueled by books and articles that he had read (he thinks LHO was a patsy and double agent). I am doing this from memory, but to my knowledge he never made any of the statements you highlighted in his HSCA testimony. Notice he says the alleged meeting with "Bishop" was in August twice, once saying it was "perhaps the first days of September" in a nod to Fonzi whose theories had influenced him by that point. Note also Bishop is named Morris instead of Maurice and at other times he said he was Jim or John. 

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

... Note ... Bishop is named Morris instead of Maurice....

FWIIW: Veciana is reported to be a native Spanish speaker.  In British English, Maurice is usually pronounced "Morris," versus the French "More-ESE."  Bishop/Phillips *may* have used the former pronunciation.  In any event, if whoever made the audio transcript heard "Morris," then there's a good chance they would have spelled it phonetically.  ML