The Education Forum

Desperate Measures in the Congo

Sorry Larry. We need your expertise. 🙂 Page 8 in my PDF. Happy reading.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/2018/104-10163-10123.pdf

I'm under the impression that these are reports by Jenkins on Artime aka AMBIDDY-1. Page 39 A-1 talking about exWW-II Germans training Commandos.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/NARA-Nov-2017/104-10163-10173.pdf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we do know that Jenkins did organize training for Artime and certain of his group beginning in 1963, we know that David Morales was involved in the training.  I don't think we knew the names of the actual trainers themselves. The context of the reference you found may also be important as we know that Morales and Robertson were also involved in preparing training materials on special ops and assassination all the way back to Guatemala and that they used a variety of sources for those materials.  Anyway, looks like you have indeed dragged me back in, hope my memory is up to it.

8 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

There can’t be much doubt about it. And the value of that commodity appreciates significantly when you add the value of denial to the Block to the value of exploitation by the West.

Michael,

I'm not a geologist, so I don't know why, but it seems to me that uranium deposits are found in close proximity to oil fields.

You see oil companies also involved in uranium extraction.

I know that George DeMohrenschildt was involved with oil discoveries in Rangely, CO.

I used to live in that neck of the woods, and there's uranium deposits there too.

Boy, there's a lot of money involved!

Steve Thomas

14 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Very interesting Steve, my guess is that the date is right.....these types of individuals whether they be military like Hoare, Skorzeny, or for that matter people like Werbell were constantly approaching anyone they could think of that would give them connections to the CIA or the services or even the State Department.  Not unlike today/s infamous private military contractors both large and small.  Its all about networking, who knows you, who remembers  you when a job or bid is on the table (open or non contractual).  They always have to be marketing their services and selling their expertise...or offering it for free as an opening.  Offering information, offering contacts, just staying on the radar...sort of like the music and entertainment industries in NYC and LA and London....same necessity, just lots more weapons and ultimately bloodshed (literally rather than figuratively).

Larry,

The problem with Hoare's letter to Dulles offering his help to the Commission is that's it's dated November 5, 1963. This is before JFK is is even killed, let alone a Commission being formed to investigate it.

Steve Thomas

About oil and uranium, isn’t there a controversy right now about whether to develop oil fields in the Congo?

Edited by Paul Brancato

On 6/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, Michael Clark said:

A damning document in the role of the CIA in the assassination of Lumumba.

QJWIN

WIROGUE

Very frank comments by Dulles and Harvey,

Arnold Silver

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/157-10005-10297.pdf

@Paul Brancato  

p. 68-9, and thereabouts, QJWIN's mission was to work his way through layers of protective custody, both U.N. and Congolese, and convince Lumumba to leave his safety net. 

Does this sound, to you, like a Skorzeny type mission? It sounds to me like someone with political, rhetorical and persuasive skills; not a rifleman. On the other hand, QJWIN is, in this same document, characterized as having a criminal background; larceny, burglary, and the like, which doesn't really jibe with the persuasive, diplomatic type of man I just described.

32 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

@Paul Brancato  

p. 68-9, and thereabouts, QJWIN's mission was to work his way through layers of protective custody, both U.N. and Congolese, and convince Lumumba to leave his safety net. 

Does this sound, to you, like a Skorzeny type mission? It sounds to me like someone with political, rhetorical and persuasive skills; not a rifleman. On the other hand, QJWIN is, in this same document, characterized as having a criminal background; larceny, burglary, and the like, which doesn't really jibe with the persuasive, diplomatic type of man I just described.

Very interesting. From reading Arnold Silver’s description of Skorzeny while ‘interrogating’ him I would say persuasive would be a key and very apt description. I would also bear in mind that others who have delved into the QJWIN documents think that the cryptonym may be referring to both an individual and a Network, since there were multiple offices, including one in California, associated with it. Have you done any reading on Skorzeny’s known history and the operations he was credited with during the War? Post war he was a businessman with his fingers in many pies. 

Thanks for pointing out page numbers. I’ll take a look. You can download the new book on Kindle - it’s a great read.

I have to say, Newman's second volume, Countdown to Darkness is actually pretty good on this.

The article under discussion mentions his book for many references. He also talks about O'Hoare.

I just ran across this and thought I'd pass it along:

The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus

https://apjjf.org/2011/9/47/Peter-Dale-Scott/3650/article.html

November 26, 2011

Volume 9 | Issue 47 | Number 2

The Doomsday Project and Deep Events: JFK, Watergate, Iran-Contra, and 9/11

By Peter Dale Scott

(Jack) Crichton was also an extreme right-winger in the community of Dallas oilmen: he was a trustee of the H.L. Hunt Foundation, and a member of the American Friends of the Katanga Freedom Fighters, a group organized to oppose Kennedy’s policies in the Congo.”

Steve Thomas

• 1 year later...

Thanks bart.

Where would we be without Malcolm.