The Education Forum

LHO voyage on Marion Lykes, October 8, 1959

I am researching the time period from October 8, 1959, when LHO arrived at La Harve, France on the Marion Lykes which had sailed from New Orleans. He then made his way to Southampton, England. How? He then possibly went to London and eventually ended up in Helsinki, Finland on October 9, 1959. Then he possibly made a side trip to Stockholm, Sweden before departing on October 15, 1959 for Moscow by train.

Has anyone compiled a detailed account of the time period from October 8, 1959 to October 15, 1959 that accounts for the precise and documented movements of LHO?

My interest in his timeline overlaps another, and perhaps related timeline belonging to a Baltic Sea offshore radio station called Radio Nord. It was created by Gordon McLendon of Dallas who later became a partner of David Atlee Phillips, and he also had a strange relationship with Jack Ruby that revolved around McLendon's radio station KLIF in Dallas.

On January 7, 1960, Lee Harvey Oswald boarded a train in Moscow that took him to Minsk where he began work in an electronics factory.

Radio Nord was planned in 1959, but it did not become operational until March 1, 1961. Because it was based on board a ship anchored off Sweden in the Baltic Sea, its signal that was also radiating towards the USSR, crossed the sea before hitting land. Therefore it is possible that it could be heard in Minsk. Its stated goal was projecting commercial radio programs to a good portion of Sweden.

Was it a CIA station maintaining contact with Lee Harvey Oswald?

On June 1, 1962, Lee Harvey Oswald boarded a train on a journey that would take him to Amsterdam, Holland, and then by ship to the USA.

On June 30, 1962, Radio Nord closed down.

Radio Nord was managed by McLendon's national manager of broadcasting who was also station manager of McLendon's KILT in Houston, Texas.

In 2008, just before he died of cancer, Bill Weaver (who I met in Texas during the 1970s), published a strange book about the assassination of John F. Kennedy. It is called 'Triple Double Cross'.

Weaver was assisted in this book which is styled as a novel, although real events are discussed and a mixture of altered names and real names are both used. It appears to be written by at least two people - maybe more. This is perceived by writing styles and by a very false ending to the book. Aside from that section of absolute fiction which may have been added to complete the book after Weaver died, he received and acknowledged contributions from Jones Harris who I have also spoken to (2018) about the Weaver book. Another contributing source of material includes that of de Vosjoli whose heavy involvement in the episode surrounding events that led up to the Cuban Missile Crisis, is well known.

Weaver claims that the purpose of Radio Nord (which he actually managed during its close-down), was in reality funded by CIA to intercept messages from the USSR under the cloak of being a commercial radio station. While his explanation for the intercepts do not make technical sense, there is a possibility that it could have been used to relay instructions to Oswald in Minsk by using the tried and true method of playing specific records at specific times, and those records could convey a meaning by their lyrics. Announcements could also be made to listeners in the same way. This method has been used since the birth of radio and it was heavily employed by BBC transmissions to Nazi occupied Europe.

The Weaver book was privately published and according to Bill Weaver's widow who I spoke to last year, the main stock was wiped out by a Houston flood.

For a time in October 1962, Weaver stayed in London. It also appears that Bobby Kennedy asked for the Radio Nord ship to be taken to Galveston, Texas (which is was in March 1963). It was to be used as part of the continuing secret war on Cuba - run by Bobby Kennedy. In the end the Nord ship was found to be to small and anther CIA radio ship (later used to broadcast to the UK as 'Swinging Radio England' and 'Britain Radio' using two 50kW transmitters.)

All pointers indicate that Lee Harvey Oswald went to the UK in 1959 where he met his 'handler' who gave him more cash than he arrived with, and possibly had him flown out of the UK on board a CIA flight - since no commercial flights account for the method by which he arrived in Helsinki, Finland on October 9, 1959.

I want to know if anyone has ever documented Lee Harvey Oswald's time in England.

Right now Oswald's time in England appears to be as much a mystery as the creation of Radio Nord - which was capable of relaying coded messages from the Baltic Sea, and which Weaver claimed was a CIA funded spy station under the disguise of a commercial radio broadcasting station aimed at Sweden.

Since Gordon McLendon had schooled CIA mastermind and friend David Atlee Phillips in the art using radio to stage the illusion of actual events, it is not beyond reason to ask whether McLendon was tied to the assassination of JFK in Dallas - as Weaver claimed in his book.

Edited by Mervyn Hagger
Revised and expanded text to provide more information

Aside from Matthew Smith and his book 'JFK the Second Plot', has anyone else written a detailed account of the movements of Lee Harvey Oswald when he left his mother's house in Fort Worth?

I am interested in a documented timeline that goes from September 13,1959 to September 13, 1962. This includes his voyage from New Orleans to Le Harve, France and then on to Southampton, England.

Lee Harvey Oswald arrived in England on the day after the General Election and all London hotels were full. So where did he go when he left the port and how did he end up with much more money than when he arrived?

Did someone meet him?

How did he manage to get from England to Finland in one day when there do not appear to have been any scheduled flights? Did he go by private plane or even a military aircraft?

I need some pointers to published and documented sources, can anyone assist?

Edited by Mervyn Hagger
Explained my request in more detail

• 1 year later...

Mervyn,

Hello, I cam across a document today 180-10106-10047.  It is an HSCA interview summary of Lewis E Hopkins and Charles F Davis.  They ran an international travel agency, Travel consultants, Inc. located in the Trade mart in New Orleans.  LHO booked passage on board the SS Marion Lykes which took him from N.O. to Le Have, France.  According to Hopkins LHO came in on Sept 18, 1959 and paid cash for his ticket.  Perhaps you already knew this. 

Also, I have to conclude that de Vosjoli is a con-man, especially after Jim Dieugenio's research into how the book "Farewell America," came to be.  See - Chapter 12, of Destiny Betrayed, second edition.  

HSCA - Lewis E Hopkins - Charles F Davis Jan 4 1978.pdf

11 minutes ago, Joseph Backes said:

Mervyn,

Hello, I cam across a document today 180-10106-10047.  It is an HSCA interview summary of Lewis E Hopkins and Charles F Davis.  They ran an international travel agency, Travel consultants, Inc. located in the Trade mart in New Orleans.  LHO booked passage on board the SS Marion Lykes which took him from N.O. to Le Have, France.  According to Hopkins LHO came in on Sept 18, 1959 and paid cash for his ticket.  Perhaps you already knew this. 

Also, I have to conclude that de Vosjoli is a con-man, especially after Jim Dieugenio's research into how the book "Farewell America," came to be.  See - Chapter 12, of Destiny Betrayed, second edition.  

HSCA - Lewis E Hopkins - Charles F Davis Jan 4 1978.pdf 2.48 MB · 0 downloads

Hi Joseph. I was not aware of that but I am aware of https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/fancy2.txt - however, when LHO arrived in Southampton he did so the day after a major election and lack of hotel accommodation in London. Then there is the question of how he could afford his hotel stay and how he got into the USSR. It has been suggested that he went via Stockholm and a rushed visa. All of that has been debated. But not the part about the CIA and Radio Nord which I have just put on a new thread. I will be interested in reading your observations over there. As for de Vosjoli, that seems to be a separate topic although it is something I am aware of. https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/26827-the-strange-case-of-swedens-radio-nord-and-lee-harvey-oswald-in-minsk/

On 4/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, Stephanie Goldberg said:

I have no new information, but I'd love to see what's available for LHO's documented movements of this period.  Is it even remotely possible that LHO went from the US to Europe any other way?  Has anything ever been looked at via Iceland?

I ran across this while researching Harvey and Lee Oswald.

Oswald takes MATs Flight to Defect?

MATS flight from McGuire to Germany – October 1959 w/ Lee Oswald, USMC

In September 1978, a chief investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) had an assistant contact Louise A Steenbarger – of Peru, Indiana, to see what information she wanted to relay in regards to their investigation of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The assistant made the phone call and talked to Louise Steenbarger and wrote this report:

KENNEDY
OUTSIDE CONTACT REPORT
DATE 9-26-78 TIME

I.                    Identifying Information: Name Louise Steenbarger Telphone 317-172-1771Address 128 East Sixth Street, Peru, Indiana Type of Contact – x Telephone ___ Person

II.                 Summary of   Contact:

Pursuant to Cliff Fenton’s request, I called Mrs. Steenbarger because she contacted the Committee to give information.

Mrs. Steenbarger related the following:

In Mid-October 1959 her husband, Maurice Eugene Steenbarger, was stationed with the Air Force in Phalsbourg France. He husband was a civilian auditor with the Auditor General. At that time she left her home in Marion, Indiana with her eight year old son, David (dob 11/29/51) to join her husband in France. Her travel was arranged through the military and she was issued travel orders. She left from Bunker Hill Base (now called Garisson) in Indiana and flew to MacGuire Air Force Base (Fort Dix) in New Jersey. MacGuire was the point of departure for military transport flights were called MATS. (Fort Dix was the replacement station for Europe and later Viet Nam.)

On the airplane her son sat in the window seat and she sat in the middle. The man sitting in the aisle seat said his name was Lee Oswald; she doesn’t remember him using a middle name. He seemed tense and didn’t say much; he gripped the arms of the seat so tightly that his knuckles were white. She thought he was merely afraid of flying. He was quite taciturn and actually seemed hostile when she tried to talk to him.

The young man relaxed after they had a meal. He seemed to her like he had a lot of pent-up emotion. He said he had served in Japan and the Philippines. He was wearing a Marine Corps uniform. He said he had fallen in love with a Japanese girl and had been imprisoned in either Japan or the Philippines because he wanted to marry her. He said he was being shipped to Germany by the military; the departure had been so hastily arranged that he had not even been able to see his mother.

(This has to some sort of cover story Lee Oswald left the Marines in March, 1959.)

Mrs. Steenbarger described the man as having light to sand hair, light eyes, with sharpshooter medals on his uniform, a name plate saying “Lee Oswald” and a slight Southern accent.

(Harvey did not have a southern accent)

He said his father was named Robert E. Lee Oswald. He talked about putting down the American system. He said he was being shipped to Germany because they needed him right away and that he had a skill he could use there, but she doesn’t recall if he specified what skill.

The plane landed in Preswick in Scotland. Mrs. Steenbarger and her son deplaned to use the restroom. Oswald said he was ill. He stood at a distance and seemed to be watching her coldly and suspiciously. After that, he didn’t speak to her any more.

(Paranoid?  Looking for spies and agents?)

When they got back on the plane the man named Oswald sat across the isle from her and her son and a couple of rows up. Another man in nice civilian clothing sat next to her. He let a cigarette dangle on the armrest but appeared distracted and did not smoke it. There may have been other civilians on the plane, but she is not sure.

The man named Oswald told her that he was still under surveillance from his trouble with the military police. The man sitting next to her after Oswald moved behaved oddly that she wondered if he was in fact the person who was watching Oswald.

Their plane landed at either Rhine/Maine or Frankfurt.  That was the last time she saw the man named Oswald. She did not notice how he left the airfield.

Mrs. Steenbarger offered that her travel arrangements and possibly a manifest of that flight could be gotten from the Air Force. She provided the following vital statistics on her and her husband:

Lola Louise Steenbarger

Dob 3/19/23

SS#

Maurice Eugene Steenbarger

Dob 10/5/16

S$#

Civil Service Retirement #CSA 1718774

And,

Another thing is that I couldn't decided whether photos belonging to the Paines or Oswald show the airport and planes at Rejavik, Iceland.  The airport at that time was a military base which was part of our northern radar defenses against Soviet missile attack.

8 hours ago, John Butler said:

I ran across this while researching Harvey and Lee Oswald.

Oswald takes MATs Flight to Defect?

MATS flight from McGuire to Germany – October 1959 w/ Lee Oswald, USMC

In September 1978, a chief investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) had an assistant contact Louise A Steenbarger – of Peru, Indiana, to see what information she wanted to relay in regards to their investigation of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The assistant made the phone call and talked to Louise Steenbarger and wrote this report:

KENNEDY
OUTSIDE CONTACT REPORT
DATE 9-26-78 TIME

I.                    Identifying Information: Name Louise Steenbarger Telphone 317-172-1771Address 128 East Sixth Street, Peru, Indiana Type of Contact – x Telephone ___ Person

II.                 Summary of   Contact:

Pursuant to Cliff Fenton’s request, I called Mrs. Steenbarger because she contacted the Committee to give information.

Mrs. Steenbarger related the following:

In Mid-October 1959 her husband, Maurice Eugene Steenbarger, was stationed with the Air Force in Phalsbourg France. He husband was a civilian auditor with the Auditor General. At that time she left her home in Marion, Indiana with her eight year old son, David (dob 11/29/51) to join her husband in France. Her travel was arranged through the military and she was issued travel orders. She left from Bunker Hill Base (now called Garisson) in Indiana and flew to MacGuire Air Force Base (Fort Dix) in New Jersey. MacGuire was the point of departure for military transport flights were called MATS. (Fort Dix was the replacement station for Europe and later Viet Nam.)

On the airplane her son sat in the window seat and she sat in the middle. The man sitting in the aisle seat said his name was Lee Oswald; she doesn’t remember him using a middle name. He seemed tense and didn’t say much; he gripped the arms of the seat so tightly that his knuckles were white. She thought he was merely afraid of flying. He was quite taciturn and actually seemed hostile when she tried to talk to him.

The young man relaxed after they had a meal. He seemed to her like he had a lot of pent-up emotion. He said he had served in Japan and the Philippines. He was wearing a Marine Corps uniform. He said he had fallen in love with a Japanese girl and had been imprisoned in either Japan or the Philippines because he wanted to marry her. He said he was being shipped to Germany by the military; the departure had been so hastily arranged that he had not even been able to see his mother.

(This has to some sort of cover story Lee Oswald left the Marines in March, 1959.)

Mrs. Steenbarger described the man as having light to sand hair, light eyes, with sharpshooter medals on his uniform, a name plate saying “Lee Oswald” and a slight Southern accent.

(Harvey did not have a southern accent)

He said his father was named Robert E. Lee Oswald. He talked about putting down the American system. He said he was being shipped to Germany because they needed him right away and that he had a skill he could use there, but she doesn’t recall if he specified what skill.

The plane landed in Preswick in Scotland. Mrs. Steenbarger and her son deplaned to use the restroom. Oswald said he was ill. He stood at a distance and seemed to be watching her coldly and suspiciously. After that, he didn’t speak to her any more.

(Paranoid?  Looking for spies and agents?)

When they got back on the plane the man named Oswald sat across the isle from her and her son and a couple of rows up. Another man in nice civilian clothing sat next to her. He let a cigarette dangle on the armrest but appeared distracted and did not smoke it. There may have been other civilians on the plane, but she is not sure.

The man named Oswald told her that he was still under surveillance from his trouble with the military police. The man sitting next to her after Oswald moved behaved oddly that she wondered if he was in fact the person who was watching Oswald.

Their plane landed at either Rhine/Maine or Frankfurt.  That was the last time she saw the man named Oswald. She did not notice how he left the airfield.

Mrs. Steenbarger offered that her travel arrangements and possibly a manifest of that flight could be gotten from the Air Force. She provided the following vital statistics on her and her husband:

Lola Louise Steenbarger

Dob 3/19/23

SS#

Maurice Eugene Steenbarger

Dob 10/5/16

S$#

Civil Service Retirement #CSA 1718774

And,

Another thing is that I couldn't decided whether photos belonging to the Paines or Oswald show the airport and planes at Rejavik, Iceland.  The airport at that time was a military base which was part of our northern radar defenses against Soviet missile attack.

So would this be another trip, in addition to his voyage by sea, and if it was, what was his destination?

On 12/6/2020 at 7:22 AM, Mervyn Hagger said:

So would this be another trip, in addition to his voyage by sea, and if it was, what was his destination?

I don't think so.  Being a proponent of the Harvey and Lee story, the person on the MATS flight to Germany would be the other double.  Here's where David Josephs, in his timeline, puts Harvey Oswald during this time period:

"After arriving in Helsinki on October 12th, applying for a Soviet visa on October 13th, receiving a visa on October 14th, Harvey Oswald boarded a train on October 15th and crossed into the Soviet Union at Vainikkala. After 7 years of preparation, the CIA had successfully placed their Russian-speaking agent in the Soviet Union. Oswald's next assignment was to convince the Soviets he wanted to "defect"

This corresponds to the mid-October time of the Steenbarger testimony.  This would make the Oswald on the plane Lee Oswald, the other half of the spy duo.  This was an Oswald or a person who had knowledge of Oswald's famlly.  And, who would that be in 1959?

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

I don't think so.  Being a proponent of the Harvey and Lee story, the person on the MATS flight to Germany would be the other double.  Here's where David Josephs, in his timeline, puts Harvey Oswald during this time period:

"After arriving in Helsinki on October 12th, applying for a Soviet visa on October 13th, receiving a visa on October 14th, Harvey Oswald boarded a train on October 15th and crossed into the Soviet Union at Vainikkala. After 7 years of preparation, the CIA had successfully placed their Russian-speaking agent in the Soviet Union. Oswald's next assignment was to convince the Soviets he wanted to "defect"

This corresponds to the mid-October time of the Steenbarger testimony.  This would make the Oswald on the plane Lee Oswald, the other half of the spy duo.  This was an Oswald or a person who had knowledge of Oswald's famlly.  And, who would that be in 1959?

Thanks John. So who was on the ship that docked at Southampton?

Mervyn,

The Harvey and Lee folks are adamant that the person who was on the ship and docked at Le Havre and later on to England was Harvey Oswald.  He next goes to Finland and then into the Soviet Union.  Lee Oswald was never in the Soviet Union.

I am open to the idea that Lee Oswald may have gone to Russia.  There is not a lot of evidence to support that position.  There is the Steenbarger testimony of an Oswald on a MATS flight to Germany in mid-October of '59.  If Harvey Oswald is already in Finland and on his way to the Soviet Union in mid-October then the MATS flight Oswald has to be Lee Oswald.  Steve Landesberg, not the actor, said that he received post cards from Lee Oswald as he toured Europe including Moscow, Russia with a guy named Perry.  There is unaccounted time for Lee Oswald in the fall of 1959 for several months.  I would need to check my notes to list the exact time period.

This is just my opinion.  Some of the stories concerning an Oswald in Russia read as if it is Lee Oswald there.  Other Stories read as if it is Harvey Oswald there.  Mainly, these have to do with language ability.  I know the arguments about this, but I find them, I don't want to say not credible, but, perhaps suspect would be better.

Lee Oswald was the technical guy and Harvey wasn't.  Harvey couldn't drive a car or do much else in a coordinated fashion.  Lee was the technical guy who worked in aircraft maintenance and repair.  He was the one who lived with the U2 maintenance and ground crew.   It was Lee Oswald that visited all of the super secret bases such as Area 51 (U2 bases and A11 and A12 bases) and top radar bases just before the left the service in March of 1959.

If Oswald did help the Soviets down the U2 then it would have to have been Lee Oswald rather than the non-technical Harvey.  There is probably no one who would say yeah, that sounds right.  It is just my opinion. 

Edited by John Butler

5 hours ago, John Butler said:

Mervyn,

The Harvey and Lee folks are adamant that the person who was on the ship and docked at Le Havre and later on to England was Harvey Oswald.  He next goes to Finland and then into the Soviet Union.  Lee Oswald was never in the Soviet Union.

I am open to the idea that Lee Oswald may have gone to Russia.  There is not a lot of evidence to support that position.  There is the Steenbarger testimony of an Oswald on a MATS flight to Germany in mid-October of '59.  If Harvey Oswald is already in Finland and on his way to the Soviet Union in mid-October then the MATS flight Oswald has to be Lee Oswald.  Steve Landesberg, not the actor, said that he received post cards from Lee Oswald as he toured Europe including Moscow, Russia with a guy named Perry.  There is unaccounted time for Lee Oswald in the fall of 1959 for several months.  I would need to check my notes to list the exact time period.

This is just my opinion.  Some of the stories concerning an Oswald in Russia read as if it is Lee Oswald there.  Other Stories read as if it is Harvey Oswald there.  Mainly, these have to do with language ability.  I know the arguments about this, but I find them, I don't want to say not credible, but, perhaps suspect would be better.

o

If Oswald did help the Soviets down the U2 then it would have to have been Lee Oswald rather than the non-technical Harvey.  There is probably no one who would say yeah, that sounds right.  It is just my opinion. 

Thanks John.

Obviously someone ended up in Minsk at a radio factory, and the first question I have is how did they get there? Now while there is some debate as to the means of purchase in New Orleans for the purchase of a ticket for a voyage to France, there seems to be uniform agreement and documentation, that someone made that voyage. I am familiar in general terms with the extensive writings about "two-Oswalds", but leaving aside the questions relating to the specific identity of the person on the ship, we also know that a male passenger arrived in France aboard a specific vessel on a specific day and time; disembarked and then boarded another vessel for Southampton, England.

We also know that on the day of arrival in southern England at Southampton, that this person told immigration that they intended to stay in England for a short time.

We also know that on the day of arrival a UK General Election had taken place the day before and that the hotels in London were booked solid.

We also know that this male passenger had limited funds when he left New Orleans for France.

Now this is where the fuzzy part and speculation begins.

So far we can go from New Orleans to France and from France to England, but then what?

Well, the official version jumps to Helsinki, Finland and a move to an expensive hotel. This for the person with limited funds in New Orleans.

Where does this person get the money from to do this?

More to the point, how does the person get from Southampton in the extreme south of England to Helsinki in Finland on the Baltic Sea?

Official and unofficial conjecture jumps in.

Officialdom says that the passenger who told UK Immigration that he would stay awhile, suddenly arrives in Helsinki, Finland instead.

Officialdom says there were no direct flights from the UK to Helsinki on that day to arrive in Helsinki at the documented time.

An unofficial researcher claims to have talked to someone (hearsay) in flight bookings who told him that there were flights available.

Officialdom wonders how a new arrival in Helsinki, a foreigner from the USA, could suddenly get permission to enter the USSR when it normally took a week to do so.

Officialdom then speculates that this person went to Stockholm, Sweden and got an immediate visa to enter the USSR.

That's a lot of speculating after arriving for a fact in Southampton, England.

But someone seems to have ended up working at a radio factory in Minsk, and the dates of the beginning and ending of their employment fits with another strange story: the story of a ship anchored off Stockholm in the Baltic which is claimed to be a CIA listening post disguised as a Swedish commercial pop music station funded by Clint Murchison Jr., managed by Robert F. Thompson and programmed by Gordon McLendon, and all three are pals from Dallas, Texas.

Their station called Radio Nord signs on about the time this person arrived in Minsk, and Radio Nord signs off just after this person left Minsk.

Radio Nord had an uninterrupted signal stretching across the waters of the Baltic Sea, directly into Minsk.

We also know for a documented fact that Radio Nord had listeners in the Baltic States.

Now that's a lot of factual information mixed with a lot of speculation.

I am trying to find the facts to document who and how a person got from Southampton, England to Helsinki, Finland; stayed at a expensive hotel and then went on into the USSR, all on limited funds, and all shrouded in mystery.

The dots connect from New Orleans to France and France to Southampton, England, and then a gap, and then Helsinki, Finland, and then another gap and then entry into the USSR (by an American during the Cold War!), and finally arrival in Minsk.

That's a lot of official and unofficial speculation.

Surely by now something can be documented and verified to the standard of court room evidence? 

Edited by Mervyn Hagger

Officialdom wonders how a new arrival in Helsinki, a foreigner from the USA, could suddenly get permission to enter the USSR when it normally took a week to do so.

Mervyn, According to Alan Dale's recorded interviews on his F.B. page with Greg Parker, CIA had manipulation of Soviet Consul in Helsinki Gregory Golub under CIA Redcap ops.

3 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Mervyn, According to Alan Dale's recorded interviews on his F.B. page with Greg Parker, CIA had manipulation of Soviet Consul in Helsinki Gregory Golub under CIA Redcap ops.

Hi Pete, I was not aware of the F.B. comments, but I am aware of various claims and counterclaims. But where is the courtroom style proof for any claim about anything? I am trying to follow the kind of evidence that has a foundation in law and a foundation in fact that would be admissible in a court of law and not objected to and then disallowed. 

7 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I am trying to follow the kind of evidence that has a foundation in law and a foundation in fact that would be admissible in a court of law and not objected to and then disallowed. 

Mervyn, you should have been a member of the Warren Commission!

3 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Mervyn, you should have been a member of the Warren Commission!

Lol Pete, I am sorry if I came across as rude, I am just an investigator working on a big project of which the JFK assassination pokes its nose into because of the timeline, the location and some of the people. There are a bunch of anoraks out there who hate my guts because I am putting the skids under their mythology regarding Radio Caroline, the con man Ronan O'Rahilly and the media story behind the so-called 'Swinging Sixties' (not!)

There is a vast sea of claims and counterclaims relating to JFK's death and the only way to deal with this or any similar topic is by using academic standards and courtroom procedure, and therefore it may come as a surprise that I think that Donald Trump has a great case to be answered that many do not want to be heard. This topic is no different and that is why year after the same allegations get renewed about JFK but only a few can withstand the scrutiny of investigative analysis. I go where the evidence goes.