The Education Forum

Donald Adams Lecture

33 minutes ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

If we discount Milteer's ability to travel between Dallas and Florida in the specified time, then we discount Donald Adam's ID of the photo. 

True.

That is why it is important to determine what is true or not in accounts of Milteer's whereabouts soon after 11,22,1963.

Milteer lied and lied to whoever questioned him, so his stated accounts are worthless.

7 hours ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

Okay, so next question then - at this late date, is there any proof or any way to locate this proof of Milteer's whereabouts on the morning of November 22? 

One of the above links has an unnamed informant saying that on November 23, Milteer was in the Union Train Station in Jacksonville, Florida at about 4:25 p.m.  Assuming this is correct, could Milteer have traveled from Dallas to Jacksonville in 1963 in that amount of time? 

If Milteer was at the train station at 4:25 pm and then left by automobile that same evening, one possibility is that he had just arrived in Jacksonville by train from departure point unknown.  I have no idea how to research train routes in 1963, but I do know that passenger train routes were different then from what they are now.

I suppose he could have driven the distance, but the train station reference jumps out at me first.

Union Station in Dallas is about three block from Dealy Plaza.  Most likely route by train to Houston, 239 mi., 3 1/2-4 hrs.  Then east 871 mi., roughly 13 hours to Jacksonville give or take with probable stops in New Orleans and (?) Mobile AL.  Say 1:30 11/22 to 4:30 11/23, 27 hours less one for the time change, 26.  Plenty of time theoretically for a say 18 hour trip.

I'm more inclined to think he drove.  On the trip he'd been on before he left Jacksonville at 4:25 on the 23rd he'd been to Houston, Fort Worth and Dallas, all cities JFK was at on 11/21-22.  In addition to Tuscaloosa AL., Jackson MS., New Orleans and Biloxi MS.  In what order is not stated.  NO, Biloxi, Jackson and Houston are all on what is now I-10 along the coast.  Dallas through Shreveport then NO and Biloxi to Jacksonville makes sense.  Tuscaloosa, Jackson, Dallas and Fort Worth are all now connected by I-20.  He was from Valdosta Ga., just over the line from I-10 in Florida.  It doesn't say how many days long this trip was.  I'd think it reasonable that he was in Dallas somewhere close to the 22nd.

Tuscaloosa through Jackson then down to Houston or New Orleans then Houston to observe JFK on the 21st, up to Forth Worth that evening for the same, then over to Dallas?  Maybe Milteer knew it would happen in Texas but not for sure which city.  Then again if we believe Agent Adams positive ID of him in the picture he knew to be specifically in Dealy Plaza, as opposed to somewhere along Main.

A lot of driving any way you look at it.  Maybe he picked someone up in Jacksonville that went with him to his meeting in Columbia SC on the 24th (the informant?).  Another 290 mi./4 1/2 hrs. from Jacksonville to Columbia.

Worth noting, he told attendees of the meeting it didn't matter that Oswald had been caught because he didn't know anything.  I.E. it was early enough Sunday morning Oswald was still alive, before he was shot.  These right wing Christians weren't in church that Sunday morning.  

Even if Adams is wrong about Milteer being the mean faced Dealey Plaza sidewalk man, it still doesn't mean Milteer wasn't involved in some way or another no matter how peripherally.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I assume most, if not all here, believe the fatal shot was from the front. Milteer states that the killing was a result of gunfire from a high window. Nothing about other shots or other locations. If he knew so much about the details, wouldn't he have known that there was gunfire from another location(s)? Yet he didn't mention this. I wonder why?

It may not be indicative of anything, but that detail stood out, thought it was worth mentioning.

Sounds to me like Milteer knew what the set up would be, a lone nut with a rifle from an office building.  But likely he didn't know what would actually happen.  But the FBI and/or Secret Service should still have been on to him immediately asking How did you know this in advance?  Who were your sources?  Not the farce they did with Adams, trying to make it look like they has "looked into" Milteer.  Oh, nothing here to see, move on.  Adams "assignment" was to cover their arse 's, but they didn't tell him.