The Education Forum

Jack White: "The Roscoe White curse"

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Michael Clark said:

Does anyone know where this other thread is?

I have no idea where it is, Michael.

This is one of my pet peeves about the new FORUM system.  The original system was far easier to navigate, IMHO.

For example: I can't cancel out of a Reply, in case I want to.  The Reply just hangs around my account forever in that thread, until I post an empty Reply.

For example: I can't find the threads in which I am active that have the most recent activity, as the original system did automatically for us.  Instead, the current system only reports what my own activity is.  Well, I already know that.   It also tells me who is quoting me in a thread, but many people respond to me without quoting me -- and this new system fails to report that.

So, those are my pet peeves.   To get back to your point -- I wish someone would tell us how to more easily find "new threads" that people create.

Finally -- to get back onto the theme of this thread -- I believe that Roscoe White is one of the central keys to the JFK assassination, because Roscoe White links the Dallas Police, General Walker, Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald into a single circle around Roscoe.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, getting back to the theme of this thread -- one of my favorite JFK Researchers was Jack White, a former member of this FORUM, who demonstrated that Roscoe White was the body-double in Lee Harvey Oswald's Backyard Photographs (BYP). 

Roscoe White came to global attention a quarter-century ago, when Ricky White, the son of Roscoe White, came forward with different BYP than the world had ever seen before.  More startling, Ricky claimed his father had confessed before he died that he was one of the JFK shooters.  Ricky's mother, Geneva White, also confirmed this story.   A remarkable fact about Geneva White was that she had once worked for Jack Ruby at the Carousel Club.

Jack White was one of the key figures in the outing of Ricky White, and all this came to an apex during a JFK CT conference in Dallas in 1990.   Six years after that event, Jack White looked back on the dismal fates that had befallen most of the main speakers of that conference.  It's worth reviewing that 1996 article:

------------------------- The Roscoe White Curse? ----------------------- by Jack White ---- 1996 ------------------------

About 6 years ago I was at the old JFK-AIC in the Dallas West End when the Roscoe White News Conference was held.  At the head table in the front of the assembly space, in addition to Ricky White and Roscoe's minister, were 5 prominent JFK researchers.  All were comparatively young or middle-aged and vigorous, and each presented some aspect of the Roscoe White story. These researchers were...

1. BUD FENSTERWALD
  2. GARY SHAW
  3. LARRY HOWARD
  4. JOE WEST
  5. LARRY RAY HARRIS

Now, about 6 years later 4 of the 5 are dead, despite their relative youth and vigor.  Coincidence?  Or curse?  Given their ages and good health, it would be interesting to see actuarial statistics on this, in the manner of the famed "mysterious deaths" study.

BUD FENSTERWALD, who founded/funded the Washington Assassination Information Bureau and supported the AIC, became ill while dining in Dallas. He cancelled appointments and flew back to Washington, where he died of a sudden "heart attack".

JOE WEST, the Houston private investigator who later discovered the James Files story, was just fine when I talked with him on the phone on a Friday.  Almost incidentally, he told me that at a recent health check-up, his doctor recommended heart by-pass surgery for the following Monday; he said he would call me after the surgery.  The heart surgery was a success...but his breathing never resumed. He was kept alive for a while by a lung machine, but died without ever regaining consciousness.

LARRY HOWARD, the ardent JFK buff who (with Gary Shaw) co-founded the Dallas JFK Information Center, had been doing further Roscoe White research in West Texas, along with a "former FBI agent".  While driving late at night, Larry suffered a "stroke".  When he died, the JFK-AIC died with him.

LARRY RAY HARRIS, the young research expert on the Tippit killing, has now died in a recent auto accident (one-car?) for which we have few details as of now.

GARY SHAW, the other co-director of the AIC, is the sole survivor of this group.  We hope that Gary is very careful in the future, whether these deaths are curse, conspiracy, or coincidence.

GENEVA WHITE DEES, Roscoe's widow, also died during this period. 

ALSO -- less than a year after attending this news conference, I was attacked in my bedroom at 5am on Sunday by a nude intruder, who (unprovoked) stabbed me in the chest with an ice pick 12 times and hit me in the head, fracturing my skull and destroying my hearing (right ear) and balance (permanent vertigo).  At the time I was serving as a photo consultant to Oliver Stone in the production of JFK. I was in the hospital for 22 days with the skull fracture and collapsed lung, for four days near death.

Coincidence? Conspiracy? Or Roscoe White curse? (Jack White, 1996)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When asked point blank about his current opinion in this thread in 2005, Jack White concluded that it was probably a coincidence -- but spooky.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2017 at 3:33 PM, James DiEugenio said:

I liked Jack personally.......

Personally, I think we should stay away from trying to name the actual assassins, especially at this late date.

James, this is the post that I referred to recently, on another thread.

Mike:

Does the above statement mean I do not have a view at to who actually pulled off the hit?

I guess you have not read Destiny Betrayed, second edition, either. 

39 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Mike:

Does the above statement mean I do not have a view at to who actually pulled off the hit?

I guess you have not read Destiny Betrayed, second edition, either. 

James, your a busy guy, you may not recall something I posted on the Chomsky thread, to which you replied. I stated that I would  bump this if I came across it again. I am just following through here.

Correct, I have not read your book yet.