The Education Forum

Gerry P. Hemming

Here's my take on achieving the maximum amount of understanding of what Hemming has legitimately brought to the table: Read his HSCA deposition, then follow with Noel Twyman's Hemming section. Then stop. This will save the reader countless hours of wondering whether Nazis were rapelling down elevator shafts at the TSBD, or whether something Gerry told someone when he was drunk is important.

Bottom line, IMO: Gerry knows or strongly suspects that Roy and Vidal were in Dealey Plaza that day, and was/is horrified by the implications. About 95% of the rest is moonshine.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronald Monerief Jr has just informed me that Gerry Hemming has died.

Unfortunate news, if so - which I have no reason to doubt. He died with many questions unanswered and many, many tempting loose ends dangling......

I didn't know GPH personally and had a small bias against his bashing of Plumlee. The nature of their mutual enmity unknown to me. I relish not the death of anyone.

Man of many mysteries. I hope you left some materials already out, or to be released upon your death to help lift some of the fog. R.I.P.

I agree. There are few left on the planet who could be of assistance re.o the many questions in this case. Unfortunately Hemming did not see fit to truly come clean. I can only hope, as Peter has stated, that he left some information to be made public after his death. I also hope that he did not suffer. (Has anyone seen an obit?)

Dawn

I came across a document about Gerry Hemming that may prove interesting to John Simkin, given his interest in Irving Davidson.

The RIF number is 104-10216-10064

The document states, in part, "Gerald Patrick Hemming, when drunk, told AMTABBY-27 that Irving Davidson was his financial backer".

The document is dated August 23rd 1967.

I am having trouble attaching the file, so I will direct you to the file on the Mary Ferrell site. If you have a membership, you can look at the document.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=17306

John

http://www.jfk-info.com/discus/messages/4/131.html?954268536

NEW D153: I. Irving Davidson was a public relations counsel with offices in

Washington, DC, and was registered with the FBI as an agent of Nicaraguan

and Israeli Governments. He was never an informant to the FBI but in the

past did furnish them with information relating to Israeli and

Latin-American activities, most of which were of interest to other

Government agencies such as the CIA to which this data was disseminated.

Most documents included in this batch are the result of an FBI investigation

of his office books under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. $25.00

Guess who Irving Davidson answered to.

John, I hope you're wrong about Gerry.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

I just confirmed the sad news with one of his children.

Two different people but that is two friends I made through this Form who have died. Gerry would have been 72 in March.

Tim;

Should the opportunity arise, might check and see if he gave any interviews to the JFK Center Historian.

I will check through the JFK Center.

Tom

I exchanged several informative emails with Gerry Hemming, and these led me to believe he knew a LOT more than he was telling on the Forum here. The last one re: the JFK assassination he specifically began with "DO NOT POST", and throughout his lifetime I have honored that request. If it's true that Gerry has indeed died, I send condolences out to his friends and family.

But here is an excerpt--heavily edited--from that last email, regarding my suspicions that LHO's firearms wers sourced from somewhere other than Klein's and Seaport Traders:

"To cut this short, I will simply state that:...

...(2) "Empire" and other weapons importers were originally set up by the Brits, and this: because the law in Canada permitted the importation of weapons without serial numbers stamped on the frame of the firearms. The U.S. State Department's "Office of Munitions Control" prohibited any importing of guns with numbers not on the frame, i.e., the barrel or stock. [see the then extant regulations published in the C.F.R. -- "Code of Federal Regulations");

(3) The alleged "LHO" Mannlicher-Carcano (and many others) came directly from Montreal, as did the "snub-nose" .38 cal. revolver;..."

I received my final email from Gerry on December 16th, 2007.

"Semper fi," Gerry...

To me perhaps the most significant statement that Hemming ever made, given the way that he made it, was that "the Patriots did it."

This is from Bloody Treason by Noel Twyman, who spent considerable time interviewing Hemming:

"On Saturday night, about midnight, we were expressing our views on who it was who killed President Kennedy and the way he was killed. I persisted with my feelings that the extreme right wing either was behind the assassination or a major part of it. Hemming suddenly yelled out, with pain, 'The Patriots did it! The Patriots did it!" Hemming himself, of course, was an ultimate patriot in 1963. (Hemming later tried to explain to me what he meant by 'Patriots': The rich fat-cat patriots, 'like the Rocky Flats people.')"

Rocky Flats was a U.S. Atomic Energy Commission weapons production facility that operated near Denver, Colorado, from 1952 to 1988.

If Hemming really had significant knowledge of who was behind the assassination, why was he not among all the suspicious deaths over the years, particularly during the time of the HSCA? Why was he allowed to live to age 71 if he had a real story to tell?

Was it because of his value as a diversion, people always wanting to know what this person immediately identified with the JFK case had to say, no matter how implausible? (He told Weberman that E. Howard Hunt was one of the shooters and went down the TSBD elevator shaft by rope.) What if he happened to say too much? Or was it because he was involved in disinformation?

Why, in 25 words or less, did he live so long? (R.I.P.)

I just confirmed the sad news with one of his children.

Two different people but that is two friends I made through this Forum who have died. Gerry would have been 72 in March.

I don't think there's any harm in telling people that Tim G. worked for quite some time to get GPH on film to tell his full story. He even arranged a place for me to stay if I came down and helped him with the questions. Ultimately, the project fell apart in no small part because Tim wanted to grill Gerry, his friend, on the inconsistencies of his statements, on camera, and the financial backer of the project wanted to let Gerry tell his full story, and then have people comment afterwards.

I'm still not sure who was right. But I bring this up to point out that Tim was far less deferential to his pal Hemming--and far less closed-minded about the assassination--than most here would otherwise believe.

I spoke to Gerry on the phone one time. He was pushing a Mellen/Waldron "Bobby helped cover-up the crime to protect his own reputation" angle. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Gerry saw that Oswald was on the periphery of his life--through Cuba, the Marines, Hall, Sturgis, etc--and made up the rest. Kinda like a pre-Judyth Judyth. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere came up with something to show that Gerry's boys actually pulled the trigger. For me, he's almost as big an enigma as Oswald.

Rest in Peace, Marine.

He told me over breakfast that:

Just prior to the OKC bombing, Timothy McVeigh was fixed up on a blind date with Chelsea Clinton;

A former Skorzeny sniper "rat line boy" fired on full automatic at his target, JBC;

JBC had to die because he "didn't bid high enough;"

The sniper was unconcerned about researchers learning his identity, and cared only that they spell his name right;

At least some of the shooters were paid in heroin;

The Kennedys have struck back, with extreme prejudice, at the plot's high level facilitators;

The so-called White Windbreaker Man was a gusano who taught languages to the children of rich exiles and was known as The Professor;

The Professor had a grease gun under his jacket so that, in the event things didn't go well, he could be a walk-up shooter and take out everyone in the limo;

A French team waited just beyond the overpass in a car loaded with shaped charges designed to destroy the limo;

JFK was our last chance (this with tears in his eyes).

That's why.

Edited by Charles Drago

If Hemming really had significant knowledge of who was behind the assassination, why was he not among all the suspicious deaths over the years, particularly during the time of the HSCA? Why was he allowed to live to age 71 if he had a real story to tell?

Was it because of his value as a diversion, people always wanting to know what this person immediately identified with the JFK case had to say, no matter how implausible? (He told Weberman that E. Howard Hunt was one of the shooters and went down the TSBD elevator shaft by rope.) What if he happened to say too much? Or was it because he was involved in disinformation?

At the moment I don't have the energy to detail, but I think he was publicly mostly disinformation, but had [some] real information [and suspicions] and gave out little bits and pieces of these....along with the a heavy dose of disinformation - which kept him alive - others as well. In the end a tragic figure, rather than a villian, IMO.

I was asked a question awhile ago via email from a young researcher. "How Come Your Still Alive?"

I was not going to respond. However, upon thinking about that question, I felt it was a valid question and deserved a reply. Sometimes we do not agree. Looking back on life, is a like Monday night football.., quarter- backing after the game is over. Its easy to see ll the mistakes made in the game.

The following is my reply... and I leave you in Peace:

"... Can't be said in 25 words or less:

The way to stay alive is to release various detailed information and documentation pertaining to an "event" is by getting the information in various creditable places and documented beyond doubt, before the fact. Even Gary Web did that and it worked until the press was turned against him... Also Col Sabow United States Marine Corp made a mistake by saying what he was "going to do", he should of done it and said this is, "what I did".

To stay in the shadows and be secret and play a secret game will get you killed or character assassinated. If you push and threaten and then not release your information that will cause you to have an accident, or have a heart attack, or commit suicide, or get run over by a truck, or the wings fall off your aircraft. Before the FACT is the key. That will keep you alive; at least until they can 'Defuse' you and your information..... OR you can make a deal... release just enough information and throw a donut to the wolves... go into their den and come out with what they want you to come out with... slanted, and criptic information to pass to those who are selected by the wolves, and those who are not informed as to how that dark world really works...

I call that working for the MAN. Playing both ends on the middle... you get paid for that. Convicted Felons usually go that route. Or make a deal. What some have said about me makes the MO fit for me as well as GPH and others. You can get caught in a vice when you play these games... You either go all the way and protect yourself before the FACT or you work for the Man..and Plant their information... Have I planted false information knowing it to be false? No I have not.. and I have a paper trail to prove it. I am on record of going against the MAN... and it has cost me dearly... IRS bank seized, burned out of my home; shot at and beat up more than once...others have also paid that price.

A few days before John Roselli was reported missing in 1976, I 'turned' and went against the powers that be. I was scared and I testified. And then I went into hiding and running. Soon I needed money and started flying for the MAN in the Drug War, but I documented everything I did and the routes I flew... some years later came the Contra and the escalating Drug War. That is when I came out from hiding and turned to save my own neck. I got every document, map, and FBI reports I could find and I turned it all of it over to the Senate of the United States before the fact. (documention) In hopes of getting someone to look into this "Out of Control" government we had lurking under the vail of demoracy and freedom. I pegged and revealed their "Special Interest" activites and reported it to the Senate. I sent a message and THEY sent one back...

Its not a game out there its real. The average eight to five can in no way comprehend that other world. However, today some in the INTEL world and the FBI, DEA and other alphabet people are starting to see the trail from the Hoover days... J Edgar Hoover had Mr. Hemming by the balls and Hoovers FBI twisted and Mr.Hemming went to his knees ..., well you, or some of you know the rest of that story.

Although Mr. Hemming and I did not see Eye to Eye (and that puts it mildly) I do and did respect his "early years" in his effort to work for and with the Cuban rebels and the people of Cuba for a democratic Cuba..., but I will always see him as a man caught in a vice and a fallen victim to the powers that be. Mr Hemming, in my view, was used and too, he was abused....and like me and others he made a lot of mistakes along the way... that was the way it was suppose to be. Some of us had to play the hand that was dealt.. I believe we create our on reality, good or bad. I pray Mr Hemming will RIP..., He did earn that and he did it in his own way. To that degree I see him as a Patriot. And I pass no judgements.

This post has been edited by William Plumlee: Today, 03:13 AM

Edited by William Plumlee

I don't think there's any harm in telling people that Tim G. worked for quite some time to get GPH on film to tell his full story. He even arranged a place for me to stay if I came down and helped him with the questions. Ultimately, the project fell apart in no small part because Tim wanted to grill Gerry, his friend, on the inconsistencies of his statements, on camera, and the financial backer of the project wanted to let Gerry tell his full story, and then have people comment afterwards.

Gerry did give a filmed interview a few years ago. I am not at liberty to say who made the film but I have seen it. I believe Gerry requested that the film should not be released until his death.

I was told by a CIA insider that Gerry was paid by the word for his disinformation activities. I am not sure if Gerry really knew the full story of the JFK assassination, but if he did, he would never have grassed on his old friends. However, when he got mad, he sometimes said more than he should have on this forum. For example, he once revealed important details of Bernardo de Torres' activities. On another occasion he said too much about the death of Edwin Anderson Collins. The only chance we had of Gerry talking was if Bernardo de Torres died first. Sadly, that never happened. The attention should now turn towards Howard K. Davies and William Seymour.

I just went to the first post on this thread of Gerry's to re-read it, and found it interesting. Here it is.

Feb 11 2005, 07:17 AM

Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 2347

Jumping ahead to 1962, just before "The Cuban Missile Crisis", Bobby Kennedy had suffered a series of insults and blackmail threats from the perpetual head of the F.B.I. - "Dame" J. Edgar Hoover !! At that time, some of our Cuban associates, veterans of Brigade 2506 (Brigada de Asalto 2506) - having evaded capture at the Bay of Pigs; were oftentimes living at RFK's home ("Hickory Hill") on Chainbridge Road, playing "touch-football" and keeping "Camelot" up-to-date on the Cuban scene

During early 1962 [after my return from California] I was approached by a Brigade 2506 Intelligence Officer. He was then visiting at "Hickory Hill" and dating Pam Turner, "Jackie's" appointments secretary (East-Wing of the White House).

It took Hoover's "Retainers" about six months to trace this RFK "Coup d'grace/d'main" back to InterPen. He, according to insiders, vowed consummate revenge against us "perps". His principal act of revenge was placing me, and some of my associates, in harm's way. This was accomplished by "setting-us-up" to be involved in the "Security Detail" which welcomed JFK at Miami Int'l Airport on Monday afternoon, November 18th, 1963.

Two of GPH's "moments" from Lancer's (in)famous "Hemming Panel," on which I sat (closely paraphrasing; John Kelin has a transcript, I think, and Lancer definitely sells the DVD):

1. Hemming asserted that one of the JFK hit's facilitators was a regular Hickory Hill touch football competitor.

2. Hemming's claim that he was at JFK's 11/18/63 Miami International Airport arrival was contested by Gordon Winslow.

"You claim to be beside the president's limo that day," says Gordo, "but you don't show up in any photos."

"Yeah," Hemming shoots back. "And you know why."

I just typed "Hemming shoots back."

Perhaps ... from beyond the grave?

Charles

Edited by Charles Drago

GPHEMMING: this is jerrys daughter my father has passed away

TEmptyPockets: Thank you for contacting me.

If I can be of any assistance please feel free to call upon me.

Tom Purvis

GPHEMMING: i want my father to be honored.for the patriot he is

TEmptyPockets:

The local/Fayetteville Chapter of the Special Forces Association should be able to provide assistance in that matter.

GPHEMMING: THANK N U

TEmptyPockets:

If you need any assistance please feel free to contact.

It was a pleasure and honor to know your father.

Also, the son of one of your father's old Cuban comrads is a retired Special Forces NCO, and he certainly could be of assistance.

GPHEMMING: COULD U HELP BY GETTING THE INFO OUT IM AT A LOSS.IM IN FLORIDA.THE FUNERAL WILL BE MONDAY AT 2PM IN FAYETTEVILLE.MY NUMBER IS XXXXXXXXX (deleted)

TEmptyPockets:

I will send out some emails and get back to this email address with the results.

Any information relative to the burial would be appreciated.