The Education Forum

Headshot Theory

Lee, I concur that your lower red line in Zap 314 is a credible path for a head shot bullet, based on the "debris" flying off of JFK's head after impact with the missile.

Nevertheless, the back and to the left head movement is confusing, also the claims from witnesses of having found skull pieces in varying locations around DP adds to the confusion. Perhaps a shot from a low trajectory like the sewer makes sense afterall.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin,

In watching that gif over and over again, I can't help but wonder about that white object that appears on the grass. I believe it has already been studied and written off, probably sometime ago.

Hi Lee.

Yes once again we are in sinc, i posted the exact same thing on another forum , i don't see how they can dismiss it being a piece of skull that easily.

There was a huge cavity in kennedy's skull.

I found this quote from one of don"s post (STAVIS "Steve" ELLIS Gems to Sneed, 1988) to be very interesting, regarding a hole through the very "Bottom" of the windscreen.

QUOTE:

****When the President’s car was unloaded, I was maybe fifty feet away. I wasn’t able to see much because there was a lot of people from the hospital around him.****

I don’t remember seeing Connally at all. But when the car pulled up, the hospital people were coming out the door like a bunch of ants. They were right on him.

I walked by the limousine after they were taken in. The thing that impressed me was in the seat and on the floorboard there were puddles of blood. Right in the middle one of those puddles lay a beautiful red rose. I never forgot that! I can still see it, that red rose in that blood!

****Some of the jockeys around the car were saying, “Looky here!” What they were looking at was the windshield. To the right of where the driver was, just above the metal near the bottom of the glass there appeared to be a bullet hole.****

****I talked to a Secret Service man about it, and he said, “Aw, that’s just a fragment!” It looked like a clean hole in the windshield to me. In fact, one of the motor jockeys, Harry Freeman, put a pencil through it, or said he could.****

Antti,

FWIW, Gerry Patrick Hemming disputed the sewer drain theory.

Robin,

I believe that there have been studies that have determined that many pieces of the skull would have to be missing. The Harper and Brehm fragments wouldn't be enough to complete the void in the skull.

I never thought about the hole in the windshield as possibly corresponding to this shot. Have to give that some thought, but the blood you indicated in another post on the interior of the windshield, along the top - how would a shot from the front explain that?

Don,

You said we could use this plat, so I'm taking advantage of it, and hope you're okay with it. This is a crop of your 'base' DP plat, with a carefully overlaid section to capture the skull fragments, and that very intriguing piece of data concerning James Altgens - plus the location of the furrows - which don't necessarily have to be bullets, but could have been additional skull fragments?

- lee

Hi Lee.

Would the hole at the bottom of the windshield line up with  kennedy's throat. ?

The blood on the windshield would be from the debris which shot forward when his head exploded.

Hi Robin,

I'm baffled. If the hole is towards the bottom, can it still line up with a miss from the DalTex and be on the right elevation to strike the curb at Main where Tague was standing?

Dumb aside - say that Michael Evica and Gary Wean were correct, and that there may have been some folks present looking to create a 'mock assassination' to create the required impetus for a full scale Cuban invasion.... Would that satisfactorily explain a shot from the rear to the windshield that wouldn't have come close to hitting any of the occipants? Tague was just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I still believe the throat shot was unimpeded by the windshield, taken from Kennedy's right.

On the blood - if this was a shot from the front, why would blood be thrown forward? I guess it's still possible that there were 2 almost simultaneous shots fired - one from the knoll, and one from the pergola garden.

Take another look at that UPI Moorman that was published in the Dallas Times Herald. It would be great to get the photo used, as the man, or men, on the stairs were hardly even concealed at that time.

- lee

Robin,

I see the guy on the stairs more clearly in your version - looks improved. Wish we could get our hands on the original that was used.

Interpretive [and artistic?] using Don's map and the Moorman negative scan. It's my impression there are 2 men on the stairs, but it's difficult to say for sure.

I think it's safe to say that radios were used - right? So that a coordinated shot could be feasible - and could account for the damage, the skull fragments being blown back and forward, the two shots that were heard close together, etc. But the man, or men, on the stairs are in plain view - that's one thing that puzzles me. Unless they had especially designed weapons that were camoflauged as cameras, it's just too much to swallow?

- lee

Lee.

I found what i beleive is another guy standing on the steps.

Hey Robin.

Difficult to say with any certainty - but my view would be that you've indicated one of the guys behind the fence, and possibly below him is another guy.

I also think, consistent with what I believe is the shooter in Croft, these guys were 'coupled' with a spotter, who had a sophisticated scope that gave off a reflection from the lens. So the man I have indicated is actually 2 men in that location. As per numerous animations I have tried to create, using Nix, Muchmore, etc. - not 100% positive, but it would appear that they move down from the cover of the retaining wall, take up this crouched position, then move to the top of the stairs where they sit down, during the aftermath. One man may run down to their position and run back again - almost at the same time as the 'Running Man.' I did many animations of this, but frankly, wasn't pleased with the results, since I was working from JPEGs.

Again, here is the Muchmore frame where I see what I believe is this individual's weapon. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that it is a camera equipped something. And this ties in with White House Press correspondent Charles Roberts comment about the man he saw dodgingly making his way up the steps, ducking as if he were being fired upon, dragging what appeared to be a camera - the like of which he had never seen.

I still can't figure out why they would have added the 'Running man.' That is a stumper. A quick recap on him - he is incomplete in Moorman, with no left foot and stick-like legs with no room for genitalia. He moves awkwardly and translucently in Muchmore. In Nix he vanishes into the shadows with his white shirt. If you enhance the frames to find him in the shadows he does no longer exist. Emmett Hudson never said anything about this individual, and was not presented with the Moorman when he gave testimony - which I believe is damming enough. If I were to speculate, perhaps this was one of the prepared Patsies that got 'Nixed' due to SBT. Maybe they wanted us to believe it was the same man that jumps atop the phony boatlike object seen in Nix [a.k.a. Classis Gunman,' which IMO is also utter nonsense]. I would imagine that there was an individual slotted for this role - but who knows what may have gone south on that plan.

Anyway, all that being said, the position of the shooter in Croft would complement the diversion of an umbrella pumping up at down at the Stemmons Sign, which would draw off any unwanted attention forward of the walled walkway 'Pergola gardens' area - worked nicely.

A camera mounted on top of the weapon would assist in adding to the camoflauge for both locations. A spotter's scope could be mistaken for a camera.

More speculation - there could have been a diversion for the shooter on the steps with a large firecracker - as per the smoke on the knoll and etc. Even the tale about Stone having to use bellows to imitate the amount of smoke required to capture it on film is interesting. I've seen that some believe it was simply a question of firing through a dirty bore that hadn't been properly oiled. What professional sniper would take that sort of risk?

The trajectory I have seen used for a shot which would have originated from behind the fence crosses directly over the location of these guys on the steps. The trajectories I have seen for an occiput shot from the TSBD west window cross over the area of the man in Croft. Lots of additional data regarding the 'flat' trajectory as pointed out by Antti.

I wonder if any of Emmett Hudson's kin are alive today that could be contacted to determine whether or not he ever added anything to his story, beyond the fact that he and the man in the red shirt went prone, and that there was a whole bunch of people on the knoll behind him 'taking pictures.'

If there has to be a front shot, then I like the combination of the shooter in Croft for the occiput, coordinated by radio, with a simultaneous shot from the stairs.

All speculation until we can get some unaltered material.

- lee

Robin,

I believe that these are frames that I received from you, so credit to you and thanks. Not the best, since I don't have ULEAD anymore, but take a look. Just watch the steps, where we see one man or more in Moorman.

- lee

Robin,

I believe that these are frames that I received from you, so credit to you and thanks.  Not the best, since I don't have ULEAD anymore, but take a look.  Just watch the steps, where we see one man or more in Moorman.

- lee

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the Credit:

Yeh, i see something going on in that step area, a flash of white, and something moving around.

Lee. the croft man, can you mark his position on an overhead, i am having trouble orientating that croft image properly, it is too tightly cropped.

Lee. the croft man, can you mark his position on an overhead, i am having trouble orientating that croft image properly, it is too tightly cropped.

I took a crack at it. The blue cone would represent Croft's field of vision - credit to Don Roberdeau for use of his Plat and his placement of Croft, and all of the various landmarks.

I tried to also represent the headshot using the yellow cone, and the shooter's line of sight and window between the two signs, using the green.

I'm placing him in the area of the red box.

As you pointed out, however, it's tough. I am using the trees in the background in Croft, and Don's trees as indicated on his plat [you can tell I screwed up a bit]. If the lampost had been included in the photo, it would have been a bit easier. I believe we can see the edge of the wall to our right, and the start of the curb of the walkway, and I used them as references.

I've tried using the Willis and Betzner to orient the spectators before - they move as the Lincoln comes by them, and the angles change so it's very challenging - however Millican, his group of ladies, and the lamp post, are not in the Croft.

Anyway, here it is.

- lee