The Education Forum

Legendary Journalist: "It is All Fraudulent, All of It, Everywhere"

Of course "fraudulent" also implies some sort of absolute truth which can be used as a benchmark....which I'm not sure exists in the context of the "human condition". Sometimes I think people drive

themselves a bit nuts holding expectations for human behavior that just aren't viable. An Eagles song comes to mind ("Get Over It") as does a sign I used to have in my cubicle declaring it a "no

whining" zone.

Yet we have Obamacare, and the bailout, and no "explosion."

'

I think the only people ready to explode are those who want to join ISIS.

I see his point...and Larry's too (I too have a No Whining poster) It's just that people should be held accountable. Why do we not make it so? I agree that there's no such thing as perfection, but shouldn't we strive to make things better? (Gosh, I sound whiny don't I?)

Gayle, I agree...I'm truly old school and believe how you play the game matters....whether you win or not or even if you can win or not. Certainly we should pursue accountability, truth, et al. I just

think it needs to be done with a little spirit, a does of humor and not all that much angst .....I'd have had a "no angst zone" sign too but its really hard to find those...grin

White certainly sounds like quite an "extremist," perhaps even a "conspiracy theorist." I suppose that he, probably like many others, made a choice to sacrifice principle and integrity for financial security.

Part of the reason I chose to focus on so many different topics in Hidden History was because I too, believe it is all "fraudulent." Our leaders didn't just suddenly become corrupt, and start withholding evidence, "losing" evidence, silencing witnesses, etc. on November 22, 1963, and they certainly didn't return to any imagined ethical behavior afterwards. This is standard operating procedure for those who rule us.

Unfortunately, it seems that we have to wait until after high profile people like White die to learn about their real views. It's a real shame that so few with a public platform are willing to simply tell the truth. If JFK was writing Profiles in Courage today, he'd really struggle to find any recent candidates.

when i read this:

"Second, I must thank my comrades of the press — whose reporting at every level of America politics purifies, protects and refreshes our system from year to year."

Hunter S. Thompson's coverage of Richard Nixon did not come to mind.