The Education Forum

I think this may be the man who shot JFK from the Grassy Knoll

This is a crop from the Towner #3 photo. I think this man is a "person of interest".

Establishing the correct chronological order for Towner #3 is important.

towner3crop2.png

Here is the publically available version of Towner #3. As we shall see this version is apparently severely cropped on the right side.

(photo Chris Scally )

chrisscallytowner3alres.jpg

First, lets address the cropping issue.

In an exchange with Chris Scally in a different forum the question came up ... what was present on the right side of the Towner #3 photo. Chris believed his copy was a complete copy. Chris emailed Gary Mack and the following is the reply.

Here is what is stated in the reply...

Guys:

The definitive information re Towner #3, which I have just received from Gary Mack, Curator at the Sixth Floor Museum -

"The original Towner slides are here at The Sixth Floor Museum, though Tina still owns them. Our scan of the original uncropped #3 shows Zapruder and, apparently, Beatrice Hester inside the pergola. Zapruder is identifiable by his white shirt and hat; all I can see clearly of the woman behind him is her legs and dark skirt – which rules out the woman being Sitzman."

Hope this resolves any questions.

Chris.

Has anyone ever seen this version of Towner #3?

http://www.jfklancer...pe=search#92638

Edited by Mike Rago

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Scully

....And you would prove it, how? And you would positively identify this person to the point of incriminating him, how?

Do considerations like that influence an early determintation of how much time and effort to put into a pursuit such as this?

No weapon, no face, no connection to anyone or anything does not seem an advantageous starting point, but it will

attract attention and probably plenty of replies.

Lets solve the cropping issue of Towner #3 first.

I would like to see the full, uncropped, version of Towner #3 in the public domain. Wouldn't you?

Don't you think it should be available to the public?

I would like to see people like Jim DiEugenio , Josiah Thompson and Bill Kelly request that it be made public.

Or better yet, the entire membership of this forum.

Isn't it in the public interest that the complete photographic record be made public?

If the title of this thread bothers you , you have my permission to change it. ( You have changed the title of my threads before)

You can change it to "The Towner #3 Photo"

Edited by Mike Rago

This is a frame from a James Darnell Film.

This frame was snapped about 15 seconds before Towner #3

People can be seen inside the Pergola Shelter.

darnell.png

Here is a blowup of the doorway to the Pergola Shelter.

darnell50.jpg

darnellblowup.png

Edited by Mike Rago

This is a crop from the Towner #3 photo. I think this man may be the man who shot JFK from the Grassy Knoll.

Establishing the correct chronological order for Towner #3 is important.

towner3crop2.png

[...]

Mike,

What does the trapezoid-shaped image in the upper right corner correlate with in the larger photo?

--Tommy :sun

Thomas,

The picture I show is actually a crop of a crop. Here is the bigger crop from which my crop was cropped!

[...]

Mike,

Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but what does the crop of the crop of the crop purport to show? In other words, the trapezoidal image in the first post?

Thanks,

In my view, this is irresponsible research. How can one seriously claim that the man seen may be the shooter from the Grassy Knoll?

Why?

What makes him suspect?

Moreover, even IF true, there are absolutely no identifying features to be obtained from the very limited amount of information available

in this photo. I see no value in pursuing this line of inquiry.

I think you think everything I do is irresponsible.

No. If I thought that-- I would be claiming to know about "everything" you do-- which is clearly not the case.

You think that Umbrella man and DCM have shown suspicious behavior but you do not think the behavior of the people in the doorway to the Pergola is suspicious?

http://educationforu...=60#entry256566

I was not talking about the people in the Pergola's doorway. I was talking about the man you claim was "probably"

the Grassy Knoll shooter.

Edited by Greg Burnham

Mike, if you look through the older threads, there is interesting photographic material on persons standing in the enclosures at either end of the pergola. At least, I hope the photos are still posted. Something's going on in the enclosure at Zapruder's end of the pergola - perhaps another film being shot.

Edited by David Andrews

Thomas,

The picture I show is actually a crop of a crop. Here is the bigger crop from which my crop was cropped!

[...]

Mike,

Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but what does the crop of the crop of the crop purport to show? In other words, the trapezoidal image in the first post?

Thanks,

BUMP