The Education Forum

Who saw Baker enter the TSBD?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a photo of Gloria Calvary

Then we can rule her in, or out, as being the running woman in Darmell chasing officer Baker. ?

The woman running behind Baker has a dark skirt and a light top on. Gloria Calvary was wearing a light skirt and a dark top.

Then we can rule her in, or out, as being the running woman in Darmell chasing officer Baker. ?

The woman running behind Baker has a dark skirt and a light top on. Gloria Calvary was wearing a light skirt and a dark top.

So you agree tha the woman i marked as " A " is Gloria Calvary ?

Image9.jpg

It would seem to match her testimony, anyways, although she did not say specifically where she was on Elm St., other than she was about halfway from Houston to the Triple Underpass.

From Gloria Calvary's statement to the FBI, March 19, 1964:

“We walked to Elm Street and stopped at a point on the north side of Elm Street about halfway between Houston Street and the Triple Underpass. We were standing at this point when President John F. Kennedy was shot. The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was standing when I heard the first shot.”

It would be interesting to know how the figure marked as "A" was established as being Gloria Calvary.

If Ms. Calvary was standing just uphill of the Stemmons Freeway sign by a few feet, and heard the first shot when JFK was directly in front of her, this would seriously contradict the belief held by WC supporters that there was an early missed shot pre-z190.

Robin, it is in a statement Gloria Calvary (Mrs. Robert R. Calvary) gave to the FBI, and it can be found in Commission Exhibit No. 1381:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/pdf/WH22_CE_1381.pdf

"I am of the Caucasian race, twenty-one years of age....."

Robert,

Hispanics are by definition a combination of Caucasian ("White") and Native North-and-South-American ("Indian") blood.

I can imagine that many Hispanics prefer to identify themselves with the "White" / Caucasian (typically Spanish or Portuguese) component of their genetic makeup rather than with the darker "Indian" part.

Which would explain why Calvary, if she was really a medium-complected Hispanic, might say that she was Caucasian. Especially in the race-conscious South in 1963.

In short, I think Robin's "Lady A" was Calvary, and I see no contradiction between her saying she was Caucasian when she was in fact "only" part Caucasian, i.e. Hispanic.

--Tommy :sun

Just an idea: If any of the ladies "Lady A" was standing with on Elm St. are still alive, why not contact them and ask them if Gloria was Hispanic or show them the photographs / films at issue and see if they can identify Gloria in them?

Edited by Thomas Graves

From what I can tell there is no one matching the description of that woman in the Zfilm standing north of Elm, neither is there anyone in the Croft photo like her so, perhaps she was stood very near where we see her running from, amongst that crowd in the Towner film where Tina stopped filming?

Is it possible that she knew next to nothing and so couldn't be the one to give Lovelady the 411?

Dark dress, cardigan draped over the shoulders, thought I had her for a second but I feel she most probably stood further east of this.

h9dac3y.jpg

Hi Clive

The woman seen running behind Baker in the Couch film is on the Elm St. extension, and not Elm St. proper. Would she have climbed the bank from Elm St. just to run up the extension or would she have just run up the sidewalk, if we assume she was standing on the Elm St. sidewalk?

P.S.

It appears that the person we are assuming to be Lovelady is already talking to a person in a light skirt and dark top when the woman is seen running behind Baker, in a light top and dark skirt. As established earlier, Calvary was supposedly wearing a dark top and light skirt.