The Education Forum

Blood Money and Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K.

John Simkin

What do members think of Barr McClellan's "Blood Money and Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K"? Has Barr published any new material on the subject since the publication of the book?

If LHO was a shooter, as the author claims, how did he pass a GSR test?

If the whole thang was initiated by Texans, how can the New Orleans 'sheep dipping' of LHO explained.

If the whole thang was a Texas plot, why all the Cubans everywhere?

The book portrays LHO as a disgruntled moron, which seems inaccurate. How is LHO's activity in Japan explained?

If the story is essentially accurate, then there is a lot of the plot that the author is not aware.

Who was the LBJ shrink? If the book is true, this man knows a whole lot.

A very thought provoking read.

What do members think of Barr McClellan's "Blood Money and Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K"? Has Barr published any new material on the subject since the publication of the book?

The book is absurd, although entertaining.

McClellan states that, as a former attorney in the Houston law firm which represented LBJ, he knows that the JFK assassination was orchestrated by the senior attorney in such firm (Ed Clark) with the assistance of Malcom "Mac "Wallace, who apparently had a role in some other Texas murders involving Bobby Baker.

The reason for the assassination was the allegation that JFK was going to try to lower or eliminate the 27.5% oil depletion allowance.

As someone who has spent the last 25 years practicing law, I simply do not buy the fact that some evil "senior partner" lawyer pulled off the assassination.

While it may be possible that Clark had some peripheral involvement through his associations with the reigning big oil clique in Houston, I don't think that an old curmudgeon lawyer and a third rate thug orchestrated the JFK assassination.

"The book portrays LHO as a disgruntled moron, which seems inaccurate."

Seems?

It certainly remains an issue whether Oswald was "disgruntled", that is a distict possibility for sure. He may have been disgruntled with both communism as practiced in the Soviet Union and capitalism in the United States.

But it is clear that LHO was no moron, although I guess he suffered from dyslexia. Witness his mastery of the Russian language; how he handled himself in the debate in NO; how skillfuly (by some reports at least) he handled his interrogation. That being said, it was probably moronic for him not to tell his captors that he would not answer ANY questions until he had a lawyer. And moronic for him to deny owning a rifle if in fact he did own the (a) rifle. That issue still puzzles me because his mother-in-history saw at least one of the backyard photos the night of the assassination. So IF the backyard photos were fake, Marina must have been part of the frame even before she was grabbed by the Secret Service.

I am too close to this subject to have an objective opinion. Friends with Barr, friends with the man who got him the print expert, the now deceased Jay Harrison, friends with the expert, the late great Nathan Darby, friends with Richard Bartholomew, who also worked on this book....

That said, I believe Barr should have stuck with what he knew. And it was not "who killed JFK", in the sense that the critics know this case. Barr knew about LBJ, Ed Clark, Mac Wallace, all those parts of the book are awesome. BUT Mac Wallace was never target practicing with LHO, and other errors too numerous to mention. The "faction" part of the book needed a lot of editing.

Barr has been working to get the psychiatric records for a long time (good luck there!) and I believe this would substantiate a lot. Last time we spoke Barr was wroking on either an update, or sequel, not sure which, but he's not about to drop this matter. It cost him his law practice and he is deeply committed to his belief that LBJ had JFK killed. Nathan Darby was not the only expert who made the print match. And there is more to come on this matter as well.

Dawn

I am too close to this subject to have an objective opinion. Friends with Barr, friends with the man who got him the print expert, the now deceased Jay Harrison, friends with the expert, the late great Nathan Darby, friends with Richard Bartholomew, who also worked on this book....

That said, I believe Barr should have stuck with what he knew. And it was not "who killed JFK", in the sense that the critics know this case. Barr knew about LBJ, Ed Clark, Mac Wallace, all those parts of the book are awesome. BUT Mac Wallace was never target practicing with LHO, and other errors too numerous to mention. The "faction" part of the book needed a lot of editing.

Barr has been working to get the psychiatric records for a long time (good luck there!) and I believe this would substantiate a lot. Last time we spoke Barr was wroking on either an update, or sequel, not sure which, but he's not about to drop this matter. It cost him his law practice and he is deeply committed to his belief that LBJ had JFK killed. Nathan Darby was not the only expert who made the print match. And there is more to come on this matter as well.

Dawn

Thanks Dawn. Those are very valid points you made. I feel anyone serious about the assassination cannot really understand the machanics and background of same, unless they study and understand the Texas connection to the assassination. That does not rule out others associated with government agencies, military industrial complex, Hoover's FBI, and the likes. There were other fingerprints found much later than the ones Jay found. Those prints also were a match as to the person mentioned in the book. I hope to have more information on this after the meeting. Anything you would care for me to ask that source, just let me know via Email.

McClellan states that, as a former attorney in the Houston law firm which represented LBJ, he knows that the JFK assassination was orchestrated by the senior attorney in such firm (Ed Clark) with the assistance of Malcom "Mac "Wallace, who apparently had a role in some other Texas murders involving Bobby Baker.

The reason for the assassination was the allegation that JFK was going to try to lower or eliminate the 27.5% oil depletion allowance.

As someone who has spent the last 25 years practicing law, I simply do not buy the fact that some evil "senior partner" lawyer pulled off the assassination.

While it may be possible that Clark had some peripheral involvement through his associations with the reigning big oil clique in Houston, I don't think that an old curmudgeon lawyer and a third rate thug orchestrated the JFK assassination.

Chris:

Have you actually read this book? Or anything that deals with LBJ and his (alleged) murderous dealings with peple? If you think the oil depletion allowance was the reason for the hit, it would appear that you are unfamiliar with all the things Bobby Kennedy (etc) was up to just prior to Dallas. In short LBJ was one step from indictment at the same moment he was a heartbeat away.

John: Yes Barr is working on a sequel that is near completion. (We had an email exchange yesterday). He has also gotten into the Jack Worthington matter (alleged son of JFK) and plans to challenge Bugliosi, which I think would be a grave mistake on Barr's part as he is just not up on the evidence in this case. The bug needs to be confronted by someone who can rip him a new one on every issue/lie.

Dawn

Barr is working on a sequel that is near completion. (We had an email exchange yesterday). He has also gotten into the Jack Worthington matter (alleged son of JFK) and plans to challenge Bugliosi, which I think would be a grave mistake on Barr's part as he is just not up on the evidence in this case. The bug needs to be confronted by someone who can rip him a new one on every issue/lie.

Is there any chance that Barr would let you proof his manuscript? As I recall, Walt Brown agreed to edit the manuscript of Barr's first book, liked it, and then was appalled when he saw what actually got published (partially fictionalized etc.).

Barr is working on a sequel that is near completion. (We had an email exchange yesterday). He has also gotten into the Jack Worthington matter (alleged son of JFK) and plans to challenge Bugliosi, which I think would be a grave mistake on Barr's part as he is just not up on the evidence in this case. The bug needs to be confronted by someone who can rip him a new one on every issue/lie.

Is there any chance that Barr would let you proof his manuscript? As I recall, Walt Brown agreed to edit the manuscript of Barr's first book, liked it, and then was appalled when he saw what actually got published (partially fictionalized etc.).

Actually he did ask me to give him feedback a few months back, and sent me stuff to read but I was way too busy at the time to proofread anything. What he sent was similar in nature to the sort of thing I did not like in the book. As I recall Walt did put in a lot of time with both Barr and the publisher and was assured that the errors would be fixed but they were not. I never received a good explanation for why not.

Dawn

Chris:

Have you actually read this book? Yes, I read and enjoyed it, but I just can't buy the thesis that a lawyer had JFK assassinated. I also saw Barr on "The Men Who Killed Kennedy", and he was quite credible on the air. I just can't accept his statement that Ed Clark and Mac Wallace played such a large role in the assassination.

Or anything that deals with LBJ and his (alleged) murderous dealings with peple? Yes, the book chronicles these matters very well.

If you think the oil depletion allowance was the reason for the hit, it would appear that you are unfamiliar with all the things Bobby Kennedy (etc) was up to just prior to Dallas. I certainly don't believe this, but the book strongly implies that it was the primary reason that Ed Clark facilitated the assassination.

In short LBJ was one step from indictment at the same moment he was a heartbeat away. I agree, which is why I include LBJ in the sphere of people who had, or likely had, some involvement in the assassination.

John: Yes Barr is working on a sequel that is near completion. (We had an email exchange yesterday). He has also gotten into the Jack Worthington matter (alleged son of JFK) and plans to challenge Bugliosi, which I think would be a grave mistake on Barr's part as he is just not up on the evidence in this case. The bug needs to be confronted by someone who can rip him a new one on every issue/lie.

Dawn

Edited by Christopher Hall

Actually he did ask me to give him feedback a few months back, and sent me stuff to read but I was way too busy at the time to proofread anything. What he sent was similar in nature to the sort of thing I did not like in the book. As I recall Walt did put in a lot of time with both Barr and the publisher and was assured that the errors would be fixed but they were not. I never received a good explanation for why not.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

You can tell Barr if he is going to write non-fiction he shouldn't make up conversations.

Bill Kelly

• 4 years later...

I was at my local bookstore this afternoon and noticed that this book has been issued in paperback by Skyhorse Publishing. Wish it was available in Kindle. Still, was glad to know it is more accessible. Looks like an excellent read.

Thanks for that information Mr. Montgomery. I was sure there was a ebook for this title but I'll check my library again. I have read this book twice and I really don't know what to say. I think BarrM is telling the truth, but I surely didn't like the made up conversations and the 'the conversation would have happened this way' type of approach.

I'm in the middle of reading Nelson's 'LBJ : Mastermind' book and so far it's been excellent. Read that one after you read BJP.

Guest Robert Morrow

I was at my local bookstore this afternoon and noticed that this book has been issued in paperback by Skyhorse Publishing. Wish it was available in Kindle. Still, was glad to know it is more accessible. Looks like an excellent read.

Thanks for that information Mr. Montgomery. I was sure there was a ebook for this title but I'll check my library again. I have read this book twice and I really don't know what to say. I think BarrM is telling the truth, but I surely didn't like the made up conversations and the 'the conversation would have happened this way' type of approach.

I'm in the middle of reading Nelson's 'LBJ : Mastermind' book and so far it's been excellent. Read that one after you read BJP.

Those are excellent books. McClellan is one of the key truthtellers in the JFK assassination, but I think Nelson's book is better. But there is one that every student of the JFK assassination should get and it is "Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson" (2002) by D. Jablow Hershman:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Beyond-Reason-Collapse-Johnson/dp/1569802432/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331528751&sr=1-1

Read this book and you will know what a psychopath Lyndon Johnson was and that he was capable of literally anything. It is a psychological "smoking gun" to the JFK assassination.

I would echo your endorsement of Power Beyond Reason, which I currently am reading. Together with Nelson's book, it paints a picture of Johnson as a total psychopath. Researcher Ed Tatro, who appears in Segment 9 of TMWKK, once compared Johnson's psychopathy with that of Hitler's. I feel that is a very apt comparison. It's almost as if the devil himself held the reins of US political leadership during Johnson's tenure in office.