The Education Forum

Tim Russert Dead

I see that no one has reported that Tim Russert of MSNBC has died. They think it was a heart attack. He was preparing for his show when he passed out. He was 58 years old. They rushed him to the hospital but couldn't revive him. They are going to do an autopsy. He leaves behind a wife and child.

Kathy Collins

I see that no one has reported that Tim Russert of MSNBC has died. They think it was a heart attack. He was preparing for his show when he passed out. He was 58 years old. They rushed him to the hospital but couldn't revive him. They are going to do an autopsy. He leaves behind a wife and child.

Kathy Collins

There was no better loved journalist than Russert. Much of TV lat night was devoted to him. I just cannot imagine the debates and electin coverage without him. He will be greatly missed.

Dawn

Never having heard him except as an occasional guest on late-night talk shows (I quit listening to what I consider meaningless political discussions on commercial television years ago), did Russert, known for asking tough questions, ever ask one about the JFK assassination? The RFK assassination? 9/11?

...(I quit listening to what I consider meaningless political discussions on commercial television years ago)...

Ditto that.

I saw him interviewed on a special with Bill Moyers once. I think the theme of the show was how the media went to sleep after 911. As I recall Tim was accused of being a bit sleepy himself. I can't remember the circumstances exactly but Tim seemed to admit to being a bit woozy at the time. At any rate, he seemed like a good sort, rest in peace.

Kathy Collins

Over the last decade he seemed to come across as one of D.C.'s "Mockingbird" sellouts, IMHO.

And, I'll never forget his "non-compassionate" interview of that sheriff of Saint Bernard's Parish, right after Katrina's devastation, replete with Russert's seemingly acceptance of Bush's handling of the situation, along with the appointment of Bush's half-wit "good ole boy" buddy, [brown was his name?] whom Bush had put in charge of FEMA. Russert came across just like every other "Belt-Way" talking head, bought and paid for by Mockingbird.

His passing is a loss to his family. God help his soul.

Over the last decade he seemed to come across as one of D.C.'s "Mockingbird" sellouts, IMHO.

That does seem to be the case. Dick Cheney's press secretary, Cathie Martin, admitted they often booked the vice-president on Tim Russert's Meet the Press because it was their "best format to control the message".

And, I'll never forget his "non-compassionate" interview of that sheriff of Saint Bernard's Parish, right after Katrina's devastation, replete with Russert's seemingly acceptance of Bush's handling of the situation, along with the appointment of Bush's half-wit "good ole boy" buddy, [brown was his name?] whom Bush had put in charge of FEMA. Russert came across just like every other "Belt-Way" talking head, bought and paid for by Mockingbird.

His passing is a loss to his family. God help his soul.

Now I know why I was first to mention he died: no one here liked him!

Wasn't Tim Russert the Interviewer who asked both George W. Bush and Bill Kerry separately if they belonged to Skull and Bones, the secret society, from Yale? And each one separtately answered in the same manner -- a snicker, a downcast look and then a complete change in topic? The Republican and the Democrat running for President and they both answered in the same manner.

Kathy Collins

Don't know how many caught it but during the final minutes of Russert's funeral they played a very modern rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" while several people delivered touching eulogies about Russert. Then when the audience left the Kennedy Center, there in the Washington sky was an incredibly beautiful RAINBOW.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence. Then again, perhaps it was more than that.

• 1 year later...
Don't know how many caught it but during the final minutes of Russert's funeral they played a very modern rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" while several people delivered touching eulogies about Russert. Then when the audience left the Kennedy Center, there in the Washington sky was an incredibly beautiful RAINBOW.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence. Then again, perhaps it was more than that.

I wanted to post this as a FYI and NOT to suggest there is any sinister implications in relation to Russert's death, but as the link below will corroborate, Tim Russert's widow was Maureen Orth.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/page/2/

Maureen Orth once wrote, before Tim and Maureen were married, an article for The New Times [read Not The New York Times] "Memoirs of a CIA Psychologist," June 25, 1975. In that article she interviewed James Keehner, of whom I am not familiar, but the gist of the article as I understand it was that the CIA had conducted Psychological Profiles of Lee Oswald and Sirhan Bishara Sirhan, revealing that according to her sources Oswald did not have the psychological background to enable him to be considered as the assassin of President Kennedy, Sirhan, on the other hand was considered, according to the Profile to be insane.

Which leads to another interesting factoid concerning the CIA and psychological profiles. According to William Corson's The Armies of Ignorance, the CIA prepared a psychological dossier on President-Elect Kennedy, for the purposes of having some knowledge of how John F. Kennedy would react to situations he would likely face in his role as President. Jim Garrison mentions this in his book, in a section in which he speculates when the preparations for JFK's assassination began.

I believe that this is something significant especially if the Maureen Orth interview provided reliable information concerning Oswald and Sirhan, as opposed to disinformation. It would be interesting to know who was responsible for the directive to prepare these ostensible profiles, such as, possibly Tracy Barnes, David Atlee Phillips or C.D. Jackson. The latter question would seem to revolve around who was coordinating the CIA psychological programs circa November 1960.

Edited by Robert Howard

Drawing on the ''U.G.'' topic

It's illegal to travel to Cuba from the US of A, yet many did visit openly, and suffered the consequences.

It wasn't illegal to travel there covertly and wreak havoc. That was awarded.

What need would there be for a visa from Mexico?

I don't know if this has been considered.

It strikes me that that issue was a ploy for a purpose, which certainly wasn't for an assassin of JFK to get to Cuba as some kind of ''hero''.

It still brings me back to Oswalds notes regarding his expressed views on the Minutemen and his proposal to force a situation from which a new world could arise.

He claims to have read Das Kapital. Wow.

?It's brief common persons derivative version : ''The Communist Manifesto''?

How many here have ever tried?

edit:add.. Yet a simple monograph by Engels on the disorder of Individual Terrorism gets no mention. Rather, he finds the Soviet Union ''boring'', no bowling alleys etc. It doesn't measure up. I don't think he was ever a Leninist-Marxist.

Edited by John Dolva

It strikes me that that issue was a ploy for a purpose, which certainly wasn't for an assassin of JFK to get to Cuba as some kind of ''hero''.

Just shooting from the hip here, but my guess is (unless you hold a Cuban Passport) you would need a Cuban visa to enter Cuba, no matter where you were coming from, just as non-Americans need a US visa to enter the United States.

[EDIT] I just found this website discussing today's requirements for entry into Cuba

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/cuba_visa.htm#req

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Just shooting from the hip here, but my guess is (unless you hold a Cuban Passport) you would need a Cuban visa to enter Cuba, no matter where you were coming from, just as non-Americans need a US visa to enter the United States.

[EDIT] I just found this website discussing today's requirements for entry into Cuba

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/cuba_visa.htm#req

John, I agree with the likelihood of the points you made. The Marxist-Leninist nomenclature of Oswald could have been simply what it looked like, if you step back and look at the whole angle dispassionately, which is to say that, he may very well have been more inclined towards a less liberal personal worldview. Somewhere he stated that he wanted to be as journalist, and as preposterous as some will no doubt view it, I believe if Oswald hadn't been a pawn, if you will in the whole legacy and hadn't died, that is exactly what he would have become, obviously purely speculation; some researchers have maintained that Oswald's Marxist affiliation was as contrived as many other "etched in stone" facts regarding persons and places in the JFK legacy.......As far as getting to Cuba without a visa if you were connected to JMWAVE back then, you certainly could get to Cuba without a VISA...lol.