The Education Forum

Sarah Palin

John Simkin

you are gfoing to lose for the THIRD presidential election cycle....thats gonn leave a mark.

I guess you missed the latest polls, including those of ‘likely voters’, which indicate that Obama is a ahead by 3 - 5 points and show him him winning the Electoral College by a narrow margin. It’s not really possible to say who will win at this point but this election like the last 2 should be very close.

Oh no, I follow the polls quite closely as well as the internals and the generally large dim oversampling. If the anointed one is only even or at best 1 to 3 ahead at this point in time he is done. Why? He can't seal the deal. His empty suit is wearing quite thin. And lets not forget the Bradley effect. Nope. In reality things are looking quite bleak for zerOBAMA. And we get to see him OFF the teleprompter on Friday...

strange, you sound exactly like Rush Limpdi*k Limbaugh, the only guy I know who made use of Bill Clintons used cigars, old Rush smoked them AND inhaled.

Can you GOPer's ever get original? Does it always take a Dem to show you out of the maze? Unless of course when you're busy pillaging the free markets and creating worthless derivatives along the way... then spreading them worldwide.... oh-wee, you've been a busy lot!

Yeah, thats right, the Friday Night debate.... Angry John's high-point (and probable exit) -- Obama treads where no man can (except Sweet Sarah of course and perhaps Mr. Mom Palin) **FOREIGN POLICY** LMFAO. Keep the faith son, keep the faith... Maybe McCain can find a war between now and Friday to wage? Sic Sweet Sarah on some unsuspecting 3rd world nation -- Can she see any from her front porch? LMAO!

(US foreign policy: with Angry John McCain hiding behind Sweet Sarah's skirt -- what a picture political cartoonist of yore would/could have had with this election -- I miss those guys)

The US Presidential race is coming down to two subjects of importance: racism, and the HAVES and HAVE-NOTS. Right where you, and I knew it would.... The Christian radical right-wing, isn't always forthcoming when it comes to biblical principles, eh?

So, the absolute last arrow the GOP has in its quivver: Who gets out the most voters, simple as that! What you don't know, is burying the GOP.... :blink:

Edited by David G. Healy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are gfoing to lose for the THIRD presidential election cycle....thats gonn leave a mark.

I guess you missed the latest polls, including those of ‘likely voters’, which indicate that Obama is a ahead by 3 - 5 points and show him him winning the Electoral College by a narrow margin. It’s not really possible to say who will win at this point but this election like the last 2 should be very close.

Oh no, I follow the polls quite closely as well as the internals and the generally large dim oversampling. If the anointed one is only even or at best 1 to 3 ahead at this point in time he is done. Why? He can't seal the deal. His empty suit is wearing quite thin. And lets not forget the Bradley effect. Nope. In reality things are looking quite bleak for zerOBAMA. And we get to see him OFF the teleprompter on Friday...

strange, you sound exactly like Rush Limpdi*k Limbaugh, the only guy I know who made use of Bill Clintons used cigars, old Rush smoked them AND inhaled.

Can you GOPer's ever get original? Does it always take a Dem to show you out of the maze? Unless of course when you're busy pillaging the free markets and creating worthless derivatives along the way... then spreading them worldwide.... oh-wee, you've been a busy lot!

Yeah, thats right, the Friday Night debate.... Angry John's high-point (and probable exit) -- Obama treads where no man can (except Sweet Sarah of course and perhaps Mr. Mom Palin) **FOREIGN POLICY** LMFAO. Keep the faith son, keep the faith... Maybe McCain can find a war between now and Friday to wage? Sic Sweet Sarah on some unsuspecting 3rd world nation -- Can she see any from her front porch? LMAO!

(US foreign policy: with Angry John McCain hiding behind Sweet Sarah's skirt -- what a picture political cartoonist of yore would/could have had with this election -- I miss those guys)

The US Presidential race is coming down to two subjects of importance: racism, and the HAVES and HAVE-NOTS. Right where you, and I knew it would.... The Christian radical right-wing, isn't always forthcoming when it comes to biblical principles, eh?

So, the absolute last arrow the GOP has in its quivver: Who gets out the most voters, simple as that! What you don't know, is burying the GOP.... :blink:

Good grief davie, that puppetmasters hand has got to really hurt you seeing how far it is inserted. Is the best you dims can do now the silly narrative about RACISM! LOL! You are right on cue. Oh that and the newest one about how the country will EXPLODE is the 'one' loses! You guys are in a world of hurt...and just WHERE is racism coming from? WHy OBAMA of course! Anyone with eyes saw this one coming a mile away. After all the 'one' has a long history of black racism, he just can't help himself! ROFLMAO! Looks like zerOBAMA's chickens just might be coming home to roost!

That and all The zerOBAMA media is now playing down the"one" 's poor debate skills and right on cue. Gotta get THAT narrative set in the weak puppet minds so ANY outcome fro zerOBAMA is viewed as a victory!

The dims screw up everyting they touch hell you screwups are the root cause of today financial problems, but hey, lets try and forget that and the pile of loot zerOBAMA took from the fanny and freddy dim shills....

Keep truckin davie. You look good with the puppetmasters hand up your....

By SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writer 22 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who has not held a press conference in nearly four weeks of campaigning, on Tuesday banned reporters from her first meetings with world leaders, allowing access only to photographers and a television crew.

CNN, which was providing the television coverage for news organizations, decided to pull its TV crew, effectively denying Palin the high visibility she had sought.

Palin planned to meet Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Colombian President Alvaro Uribe in New York on Tuesday as the United Nations General Assembly convenes this week. She also was expected to meet with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

Those sessions and meetings scheduled for Wednesday are part of the Republican campaign's effort to give Palin experience in foreign affairs. She has never met a foreign head of state and first traveled outside North America just last year.

The campaign told the TV producer, print and wire reporters in the press pool that follows the Alaska governor that they would not be admitted with the photographers and camera crew taken in to photograph the meetings. At least two news organizations, including The Associated Press, objected and were told that the decision was not subject to discussion.

Palin has been criticized for avoiding taking questions from reporters or submitting to one-on-one interviews. She has had just two major interviews since Republican presidential candidate John McCain chose her as his running mate on Aug. 29.

On Wednesday, McCain and Palin were expected to meet jointly with Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili and Ukrainian President Viktor Yuschenko. Palin was then to meet separately with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080923/ap_on_...r/palin_leaders

Ha ha ha ha ha. Can't wait to watch CNN tonight. What a joke.

By SARA KUGLER, Associated Press Writer 22 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who has not held a press conference in nearly four weeks of campaigning, on Tuesday banned reporters from her first meetings with world leaders, allowing access only to photographers and a television crew.

CNN, which was providing the television coverage for news organizations, decided to pull its TV crew, effectively denying Palin the high visibility she had sought.

Palin planned to meet Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Colombian President Alvaro Uribe in New York on Tuesday as the United Nations General Assembly convenes this week. She also was expected to meet with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

Those sessions and meetings scheduled for Wednesday are part of the Republican campaign's effort to give Palin experience in foreign affairs. She has never met a foreign head of state and first traveled outside North America just last year.

The campaign told the TV producer, print and wire reporters in the press pool that follows the Alaska governor that they would not be admitted with the photographers and camera crew taken in to photograph the meetings. At least two news organizations, including The Associated Press, objected and were told that the decision was not subject to discussion.

Palin has been criticized for avoiding taking questions from reporters or submitting to one-on-one interviews. She has had just two major interviews since Republican presidential candidate John McCain chose her as his running mate on Aug. 29.

On Wednesday, McCain and Palin were expected to meet jointly with Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili and Ukrainian President Viktor Yuschenko. Palin was then to meet separately with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080923/ap_on_...r/palin_leaders

Ha ha ha ha ha. Can't wait to watch CNN tonight. What a joke.

CNN, they pulled their *worldwide* camera? ROTFLMFAO... Perhaps this Saturday night SNL will have a skit or two? I hope Mr. Mom-Palin doesn't tell Sweet Sarah to breakout in pigdin Eskimo at UN introductions... frankly, this is farcical comedy.... McCain needs distraction, ANY distraction for as long as possible - till Nov 4th....

Edited by David G. Healy

And we get to see him [Obama] OFF the teleprompter on Friday...

Not if your boy McCain has his way, he wants to aah delay the debate. I guess he realizes that now is not exactly his moment. What's he afraid of? Having too much light put on the fact that he has pushed deregulation of the financial industry his entire congressional career?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872907/

Link to a Pioneer Press article on Palin that, yes, includes me (the spot I secured was next to the barrier for the media risers, where there was something to lean on during the three hours of standing).

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10516647?IADI....twincities.com

This rocks, Pamela.

I like the way you worked in your interest in the JFK assassination.

Maybe the next administration will generate the release of more assassination documents that have been under lock and key for 44 years.

Thanks. Actually, I worked in some info that I wish had been used. I mentioned the upcoming DC program, and then the reporter asked whom I thought killed JFK. My answer was "Not Lee Harvey Oswald."

Conservative columnist in National Review calls for Palin to bow out of race.

Palin Problem

She’s out of her league.

By Kathleen Parker

If at one time women were considered heretical for swimming upstream against feminist orthodoxy, they now face condemnation for swimming downstream — away from Sarah Palin.

To express reservations about her qualifications to be vice president — and possibly president — is to risk being labeled anti-woman.

Or, as I am guilty of charging her early critics, supporting only a certain kind of woman.

Some of the passionately feminist critics of Palin who attacked her personally deserved some of the backlash they received. But circumstances have changed since Palin was introduced as just a hockey mom with lipstick — what a difference a financial crisis makes — and a more complicated picture has emerged.

As we’ve seen and heard more from John McCain’s running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn’t know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion.

Yes, she recently met and turned several heads of state as the United Nations General Assembly convened in New York. She was gracious, charming and disarming. Men swooned. Pakistan’s president wanted to hug her. (Perhaps Osama bin Laden is dying to meet her?)

And, yes, she has common sense, something we value. And she’s had executive experience as a mayor and a governor, though of relatively small constituencies (about 6,000 and 680,000, respectively).

Finally, Palin’s narrative is fun, inspiring and all-American in that frontier way we seem to admire. When Palin first emerged as John McCain’s running mate, I confess I was delighted. She was the antithesis and nemesis of the hirsute, Birkenstock-wearing sisterhood — a refreshing feminist of a different order who personified the modern successful working mother.

Palin didn’t make a mess cracking the glass ceiling. She simply glided through it.

It was fun while it lasted.

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there. Here’s but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: “Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we’re talking about today. And that’s something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.”

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama’s numbers, Palin blustered wordily: “I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true.

What to do?

McCain can’t repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP’s unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.

Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiM...WMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

SNL did it again last night, with a spoof of the Palin-Couric encounter. Unfortunately, it was a bit too realistic to be humorous. Palin came off looking like an idiot. And, ironically, the real Couric's expressions were even more dumbfounded and horrified than Pohler's.

Guest Stephen Turner

I hate to say it Guys, but this Woman wouldn't get a job cleaning the toilets in Downing Street. This has got to be a joke, surely?

The vitriol directed at Sarah Palin is astonishing. You'd think that many women would at least appreciate her, simply because she's only the second woman ever nominated by one of the major parties for vice-president.

Sarah Palin is hardly an unusually stupid politician. Why is she being singled out? As I pointed out in another post, Joe Biden's remarks about FDR addressing the nation on television in 1929 were far more ignorant than anything Palin has ever said. If the American people are so adverse to allegedly air-headed political candidates, how did George W. Bush get elected (well, at least be given the office) two times? I would be shocked if Palin's IQ isn't higher than that of our beloved "decider." Eisenhower wasn't a brilliant man. Neither was LBJ. Gerald Ford was a dunce. Reagan was clueless, to put it kindly. The elder George Bush was often as illiterate as his son. Al Gore once asked, on live television, who the large bust was supposed to represent, during a tour of Monticello. Like Biden's ignorant remarks, Gore's historical ignorance was not of interest to the same mainstream press corps that has been micro analyzing everything Palin does and says.

We have hardly been blessed with brilliant presidents or vice-presidents over the past few decades. To be honest, I'm amazed that more women aren't offended by the treatment Palin has received. She's basically been smeared as a vacuous "dumb blonde" caricature. Is the fact she's pro-life and likes guns enough to permit her to be stereotyped and mimicked relentlessly by women who would otherwise feel empowered by her success? Recently, obnoxious comedian Sandra Bernhard launched a disgusting attack on Palin during her stand up act. She declared that she hoped Palin would be "gang raped by blacks" during this very unfunny "act." Not only was she not castigated for her hateful comments, she was actually praised by The Washington Post. Just imagine if any comedian urged a violent assault on Barack Obama, for instance. There would certainly be cries of racism, and that comedian's career would be over. Why was there no outcry from anyone other than the far right, over these despicable, sexist comments?

I despise neo-con politics, so Sarah Palin and I are not political allies. That being said, I find her to have an appealing and likable persona. I just don't understand the hatred that she seems to bring out in so many people.

Can we now admit the obvious? Sarah Palin is utterly unqualified to be vice president. She is a feisty, charismatic politician who has done some good things in Alaska. But she has never spent a day thinking about any important national or international issue, and this is a hell of a time to start.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/161204/page/1

I just don't understand the hatred that she seems to bring out in so many people.

She's a female Dan Quayle. People didn't hate Quayle, they made fun of him, and rightly so. Same with Palin. I don't see hatred and deserved ridicule as the same thing. Why should Palin be cut any slack because she's a woman?

Fair enough, Ron- she doesn't deserve any slack just because she's a woman. Maybe it's just the small amount of chivalry I have left in me that causes me to defend her. Maybe it's because she's cute. Unfortunately, I can be as shallow as any man.

I mentioned the stupid comments of Biden and Gore in the past; why do you think they weren't lampooned like Dan Quayle and Sarah Palin? You know as well as I do that if Quayle had ever stated that FDR addressed the American people on television in 1929, there would have been nonstop jokes on Leno, Letterman, etc. Saturday Night Live would have paid quite a bit of attention to those comments, and he would instantly have been labeled a moron. The "potato" incident at the school spelling bee was nothing compared to Biden's remarks. When you throw in the fact Biden is so insensitive that he asked a wheelchair bound Democratic party official to "get up and let them see you" recently, you have a character that should be the object of ridicule. Instead, his misstatements are ignored. Why? If the idea is not to elect stupid people to office, how is this arrogant moron allowed a free pass?

Most people are addicted to one of the two hack political parties we are allowed to "choose" from. If someone in "their" party is corrupt, or incompetent, or demonstrably stupid, they make excuses for them. If someone in the "opposing" party says or does the same thing, or has the exact same scandal in their background, they are ridiculed and hated. That's the way our vaunted two-party system works. In reality, both parties are filled with corrupt or corruptible people who have enough skeletons in their closets to make them great potential candidates for blackmail, should they happen to get out of line.

I call them all Republicrats. Except for a few, like Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich, they are all unprincipled parrots whose primary talent is in following orders.