The Education Forum

Roy Truly

Robin Unger

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the name of drawing hits to the site and seeking truth.  We all must keep looking.  From some guys from another part of the uk for, Bart & Co.  Here's a different parade from Dallas.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=it's+a+long+way+to+the+top+youtube&view=detail&mid=67BB8B12E0BAEF4257C067BB8B12E0BAEF4257C0&FORM=VIRE

Edited by Ron Bulman

16 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Paul,

Truly is much too precise in his description of the limo location while turning.

If he would have generalized and only said it made a wide turn (subjective) then I could cut him some slack.

If you believe the Towner film is unaltered, the limo never touches the far right lane.

The back end of the Impala ? is parallel with Elm St within the center lane.

Chris,

Given only this, I propose that it is far easier to argue that YOU have made a mistake, rather than that Roy Truly deliberately LIED in some sinister manner about JFK's limo driving very close to the abutment near the TSBD corner.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 12/19/2017 at 12:23 PM, Chris Davidson said:

Paul,

Do you believe the films or his testimony?

Mr. TRULY. That is right.
And the President's car following close behind came along at an average speed of 10 or 15 miles an hour. It wasn't that much, because they were getting ready to turn. And the driver of the Presidential car swung out too far to the right, and he came almost within an inch of running into this little abutment here, between Elm and the Parkway. And he slowed down perceptibly and pulled back to the left to get over into the middle lane of the parkway. Not being familiar with the street, he came too far out this way when he made his turn. 
Mr. BELIN. He came too far to the north before he made his curve, and as he curved--as he made his left turn from Houston onto the street leading to the expressway, he almost hit this north curb? 
Mr. TRULY. That is right. Just before he got to it, he had to almost stop, to pull over to the left.
If he had maintained his speed, he would probably have hit this little section here. 

Paul,

I'll just refer back to my original question. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bm1jEI__dsn8Rdgb6aUoGBRjgoVGCCvc/view?usp=sharing

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Gee Bart, he's not exactly up in the crowd along the street at this point is he?  Didn't he say That's where he was when JFK passed?

Gee Ron, did Truly not say many more things which weren't true during that testimony? 

The Truly group has been debated in 2015/2016 to death, and it's still him. And don't let the angle  mislead you, he is standing closer to it than you think.

Edited by Bart Kamp

On 12/21/2017 at 10:16 AM, Chris Davidson said:

Paul,

I'll just refer back to my original question....

Chris,

OK, I accept that.  OK, then I must sternly question the TOWNER video that you cited.

I use this copy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmeaYWr3qZk

I notice a BREAK in that TOWNER video, precisely at the point where the JFK limo approaches that "Roy Truly abutment" that you correctly pinpointed.

Do you see the break?  In my opinion, its entirely benign -- that is, the original photographer noticed that the JFK limo had to slow down quite a lot -- and so they stopped filming exactly at that point.   Then, when the JFK limo started up again, they started filming again.

Do you see the BREAK in the video at that point?    I see it at approximately 00:15 seconds.   Do you see it?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

Paul,

I'm quite familiar with the Towner film.

In order for 8 different films to sync through the assassination, Dale Myers said there were 7 frames missing from that Towner splice you describe.

Myers frame rate for the Towner film was 22.8 fps, so 7/22.8 = 3/10 of a second.

Do you believe Truly's description of the limo actions approaching the abutment, occurred in the elapsed time of .3 seconds?

Chris

25386482468_0f41fcfd5e_z.jpg

On 12/20/2017 at 10:36 PM, Bart Kamp said:

Roy-TRuly-in-Weigman-1.jpg

This one is from the Bernabei archive in Kingston UNI in ONT.  Reason for showing this one is that it is the widest shot from that sequence.

25627070_1939382749408453_87143219930878

Edited by Bart Kamp

15 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Paul,

I'm quite familiar with the Towner film.

In order for 8 different films to sync through the assassination, Dale Myers said there were 7 frames missing from that Towner splice you describe.

Myers frame rate for the Towner film was 22.8 fps, so 7/22.8 = 3/10 of a second.

Do you believe Truly's description of the limo actions approaching the abutment, occurred in the elapsed time of .3 seconds?

Chris

Chris,

Your argument presumes that Dale Myers was 100% correct.    

In either case -- I see absolutely no profit in Roy Truly lying about the JFK limo slowing down to turn more narrowly to avoid the abutment.   WHY LIE ABOUT SOMETHING SO TRIVIAL?   What in the world would that have to do with the JFK Assassination?   Nothing that I can see.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul,

I never presumed Myers was correct and have shown that he was wrong.

If it wasn't .3 seconds, how long (in your opinion) would it take for Truly's limo description to play out?

"WHY LIE ABOUT SOMETHING SO TRIVIAL?"

What might be trivial to us obviously wasn't to Truly, otherwise, there wouldn't be a need for his long winded, detailed description(not appearing in any extant films) of the limo approaching the abutment on Elm St.

Since "timing" appears rather important in this case, I would start there.

Chris

14 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Chris,

Your argument presumes that Dale Myers was 100% correct.    

In either case -- I see absolutely no profit in Roy Truly lying about the JFK limo slowing down to turn more narrowly to avoid the abutment.   WHY LIE ABOUT SOMETHING SO TRIVIAL?   What in the world would that have to do with the JFK Assassination?   Nothing that I can see.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I've always thought that breaks in the film or whatever is just way too short for anything to be of significance.  When you watch Towner, the car is moving at a regular speed so it hardly looks like the driver was literally back-pedaling to avoid the curb. Second, I think Truly simply got it wrong - people do describe things in the weirdest way sometimes and it can simply be a matter of how Truly was seeing the car when it came upon him. There's nothing sinister in it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y_nfcpz4km0-C2OdyUcJddc5epTgTvdL/view?usp=sharing

Stabilize the Towner video, realize the speed of the limo around the corner was 7.8mph, view Truly directly across from Towner filming, locate the film splice and listen to Truly:

Mr. TRULY. That is right.
And the President's car following close behind came along at an average speed of 10 or 15 miles an hour. It wasn't that much, because they were getting ready to turn. And the driver of the Presidential car swung out too far to the right, and he came almost within an inch of running into this little abutment here, between Elm and the Parkway. And he slowed down perceptibly and pulled back to the left to get over into the middle lane of the parkway. Not being familiar with the street, he came too far out this way when he made his turn. 
Mr. BELIN. He came too far to the north before he made his curve, and as he curved--as he made his left turn from Houston onto the street leading to the expressway, he almost hit this north curb? 
Mr. TRULY. That is right. Just before he got to it, he had to almost stop, to pull over to the left.
If he had maintained his speed, he would probably have hit this little section here.