The Education Forum

6th floor museum book list

Pat Speer

While in Dallas for COPA, I decided to check out the 6th Floor Museum's store to see if its book selection had improved since I was last there in 2004.

To my pleasant surprise it had. It appears that its selection has improved.

It had several books which propose a conspiracy:

JFK: the Book of the Film

Real Answers by Gary Cornwell

The Zapruder Film by David Wrone

It had two others which if I recall suggested as much:

Brothers by David Talbot

Sons and Brothers by Richard Mahoney

It also had a few books which, while leaning towards a single-assassin scenario, are informative to interested parties of all stripes:

Pictures of the Pain and That Day in Dallas by Richard Trask

No More Silence by Larry Sneed

And then of course there was Reclaiming History, Four Days in November, First Day Evidence, Mrs. Paine's Garage, the DVD to some of the History and Discovery Channel programs, the DVD to Oswald's Ghost, etc...

So...there's still a bias, but it's a lot better than it used to be...

Edited by Pat Speer

While in Dallas for COPA, I decided to check out the 6th Floor Museum's store to see if its book selection had improved since I was last there in 2004.

Brothers by David Talbot

It also had a few books which, while leaning towards a single-assassin scenario, are informative to interested parties of all stripes:

And then of course there was Reclaiming History, Four Days in November, First Day Evidence, Mrs. Paine's Garage, the DVD to some of the History and Discovery Channel programs, the DVD to Oswald's Ghost, etc...

thanks pat it does appear there has been some effort at a fairer playing field which is progress in any light...b..

Brothers by David Talbot

Do they sell Larry Hancock's "Someone Would Have Talked?"

Brothers by David Talbot

No. If I recall, I pushed Mack to carry Larry's book several years ago. He said that Lancer had never solicited him to carry the book or some such thing. The store carries two items--First Day Evidence and a 4oth anniversary DVD of WFAA footage--that I had tried to purchase in the past through Amazon, but had found unavailable. Neither of these items has a national distributor. It's clear the museum buys these titles directly from the author and/or producer. So why not buy from Lancer? There's no excuse. Unless, as Mack claimed, Lancer never solicited the buyer on Larry's book.

Brothers by David Talbot

No. If I recall, I pushed Mack to carry Larry's book several years ago. He said that Lancer had never solicited him to carry the book or some such thing. The store carries two items--First Day Evidence and a 4oth anniversary DVD of WFAA footage--that I had tried to purchase in the past through Amazon, but had found unavailable. Neither of these items has a national distributor. It's clear the museum buys these titles directly from the author and/or producer. So why not buy from Lancer? There's no excuse. Unless, as Mack claimed, Lancer never solicited the buyer on Larry's book.

Email from Gary Mack:

John,

If authors/publishers don't submit one or two review copies to the Museum, they are not considered. Simple as that. The Museum has carried pro and anti-conspiracy titles for years, which is something I insisted upon when hired in 1994. Titles on both sides are accepted or rejected based upon criteria developed by the Museum. Not all titles are listed on the Museum's website and the store does not carry out-of-print or used items.

Gary Mack

Brothers by David Talbot

Email from Gary Mack:

John,

If authors/publishers don't submit one or two review copies to the Museum, they are not considered. Simple as that. The Museum has carried pro and anti-conspiracy titles for years, which is something I insisted upon when hired in 1994. Titles on both sides are accepted or rejected based upon criteria developed by the Museum. Not all titles are listed on the Museum's website and the store does not carry out-of-print or used items.

Gary Mack

Someone should ask Gary if the reading room opened and ask him to fill us in on the details......

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-r...ixth-floor.html

Robert

• 1 month later...

Brothers by David Talbot

Email from Gary Mack:

John,

Gary Mack

As it was claimed on another thread that the Sixth Floor Museum carries no pro-conspiracy literature, I thought it might prove informative to re-activate this thread, which sets the record straight. It carries SOME conspiracy material, but only that which might be considered relatively mainstream.

This isn't all that surprising considering it's the book shop of a museum and major tourist attraction. I mean, I wouldn't expect to find books on Wall Street's support of Hitler in the Holocaust Museum book store, would you?

As it was claimed on another thread that the Sixth Floor Museum carries no pro-conspiracy literature, I thought it might prove informative to re-activate this thread, which sets the record straight. It carries SOME conspiracy material, but only that which might be considered relatively mainstream.

"Relatively mainstream" = nothing that exposes the wholesale deception upon which my work, and that of my fellow-antialterationists, rests.

I don't want to give the impression, Pat, that I don't enjoy your attempt to set yourself up as the epitome of reason and good sense in the case, for that would be untrue: It's hopelessy comic.

This isn't all that surprising considering it's the book shop of a museum and major tourist attraction. I mean, I wouldn't expect to find books on Wall Street's support of Hitler* in the Holocaust Museum book store, would you?

An honest historian/observer would; but then that's the difference between history and propaganda; and that's a distinction utterly and necessarily lost on you.

* The name Edwin Black ring any bells?

"Relatively mainstream" = nothing that exposes the wholesale deception upon which my work, and that of my fellow-antialterationists, rests.

I don't want to give the impression, Pat, that I don't enjoy your attempt to set yourself up as the epitome of reason and good sense in the case, for that would be untrue: It's hopelessy comic.

This isn't all that surprising considering it's the book shop of a museum and major tourist attraction. I mean, I wouldn't expect to find books on Wall Street's support of Hitler* in the Holocaust Museum book store, would you?

An honest historian/observer would; but then that's the difference between history and propaganda; and that's a distinction utterly and necessarily lost on you.

* The name Edwin Black ring any bells?

Paul, you call yourself an anti-alterationist. Does that mean you disagree with alterationists--those who believe the Zapruder film is fake?

If so, that would at least be consistent, seeing as you think Greer shot Kennedy, and how EVERYONE I've ever come across to think Greer shot Kennedy did so after viewing a cruddy version of the Z-film.

But that's not what you mean, is it?

Paul, you call yourself an anti-alterationist. Does that mean you disagree with alterationists--those who believe the Zapruder film is fake?

Elementary comprehension isn't really your forte, is it, Pat?

If so, that would at least be consistent, seeing as you think Greer shot Kennedy, and how EVERYONE I've ever come across to think Greer shot Kennedy did so after viewing a cruddy version of the Z-film.

You're mixing in the wrong circles - and going in them, too.

Pat

Those books that you listed as "conspiracy" books suck (except POTP, thats one of the best)

Most of the books that the 6thFM should carry are OOP

However all three of Fetzer and gangs books are avalible, but the way I see it Gary and company are too scared to carry those three books

With them pushing the LNer theory theose 3 volumes might make 6th FL customers acually think for themselfs

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Brothers by David Talbot

All the books on this list are dishonest to some extent, though some

have useful information. Some are clear disinformation. One author

writing on assassination photos never contacted me, even though I

had a reputation in that field and was supported in my research by

Mary Ferrell. Instead, his local expert on photography was Dave Perry.

As a result, he trashed me by calling me a "mom and pop operation"

that profits by selling video tapes calling the backyard photos fakes

and LHO a government agent. (At my own expense, I spent $20,000

to produce the videos, and was very lucky to break even, because

researchers found them useful; they are now available free online.)

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Sounds like the strategy of the PBS CIA film Oswald's Ghost: use old researchers as a straw dog for "the other side of the story" and keep the new and dangerous stuff out. Meanwhile don't mention the intel connections of key narrators, witnesses for the "McRational Side of the Story"

Sounds like the strategy of the PBS CIA film Oswald's Ghost: use old researchers as a straw dog for "the other side of the story" and keep the new and dangerous stuff out. Meanwhile don't mention the intel connections of key narrators, witnesses for the "McRational Side of the Story"

Although I should be posting this on the Ted Kennedy Dies, Carrying Many Secrets To His Grave thread, I will post it here, for the sake of the general direction of the last post.....If you want to get a taste of anti-Kennedy material, peruse the Dec 28, 2009 issue of the National Enquirer, someone showed me that carried an article on Ted Kennedy.

It stated that.......

1. Pieces of JFK's brain were found at his home.

2. Letters to Joseph Sr., from Nazi's in the WWII era, were found.

and

3. Unmailed letters to Mary Joe Kopechne were found that stated Ted had considered committing suicide "many times," while also alleging he sat around drinking scotch, more or less in a morose frame of mind, the latter statement is not a quote, just a summation of a part of the article.....

The only thing missing was the National Enquirer's editorial staff collectively writing "good riddance" at the bottom.....

And so it goes........

Bang on the money, sir, you're a cad.

But fear not. Mindful of the peasants' revolt against Mack and the current line of the Sixth Form Museum, certain establishment forces appear to be contemplating a change of facade, on the sound Tory principle that “If you want things to stay as they are, things will have to change" (Lampedusa's Leopard).

Enter stage right...Robert Groden, champion of, er, Zapruder film authenticity.

Now that's what I call change we can believe in.

Think of it as our very own Obama moment.