The Education Forum

Jesse Ventura with Dick Russell

Whether or not one agrees with Jesse Ventura's approach, his book promotion

appearances will serve to get the government's response to President Kennedy's

murder some national publicity.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/85957417.html

http://www.amazon.com/American-Conspiracie...s/dp/160239802X

Ventura's upcoming appearance on BlackOp Radio might help Len Osanic reach a wider audience.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not one agrees with Jesse Ventura's approach, his book promotion

appearances will serve to get the government's response to President Kennedy's

murder some national publicity.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/85957417.html

http://www.amazon.com/American-Conspiracie...s/dp/160239802X

Ventura's upcoming appearance on BlackOp Radio might help Len Osanic reach a wider audience.

Dick Russell writes:

My latest book, American Conspiracies, is about to be published. This marks my second collaboration with former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, and it's based on research materials that I've gathered for many years as well as extensive conversations with the Governor. It's really an "alternative history," especially of the past nearly five decades in our country, and I hope it will open people's eyes to what's been going on behind-the-scenes but largely ignored by the media establishment. The book includes what I believe is ground-breaking new information on the Bush Administration's stolen elections, as well as the tragic events of September 11th. Ventura will be on Larry King Monday night the 8th, Today Show at 7:40 AM on Tuesday the 9th, and The View the next day. See my website, www.dickrussell.org, for more details on his schedule. The book is available at Amazon.com for a nice discount.

best to all, Dick

American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies, and More Dirty Lies That the Government Tells Us.

Jesse Ventura and Dick Russell

March 2010. 288 p. Skyhorse, hardcover, $24.95. (9781602398023). 364.1.

Former Minnesota governor, Navy SEAL, and pro rassler Ventura has a new truTV show investigating but not necessarily debunking conspiracy theories. This companion to the program, a sort of teaser, dissects such famed objects of unending speculation as the JFK, RFK, and MLK assassinations. Ventura concludes that none of those were twisted-loner crimes but rather resulted from conspiracies of varying vastness. Anent the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Ventura asserts that "our government engaged in a massive cover-up" and had "ties to the hijackers." He ventures that "unanswered questions remain about how the towers were brought down and whether a plane really struck the Pentagon" and that the "Bush Administration either knew about the plan" or "had a hand in it." Heady, paranoiac stuff, to be sure, but there are even more forthright charges regarding the assassination of Malcolm X, the Jonestown massacre, and the "stolen" elections of 2000, 2004, 2008, and, for that matter, 1980. Believable? Some of it. An action-packed read? You bet.— Mike Tribby

Here is a link to the schedule of Governor Ventura's extensive book tour that begins on March 8th with appearances on The Today Show and Larry King - which I will update as more becomes available... American Conspiracies 2010 Tour

Dick Russell

2/14/10

Edited by William Kelly

Here is a link to the schedule of Governor Ventura's extensive book tour that begins on March 8th with appearances on The Today Show and Larry King

- which I will update as more becomes available... American Conspiracies 2010 Tour

Evidently there is not much interest by Forum members in Jesse Ventura and Dick Russell's book. Currently, Ventura represents the best opportunity

to again get the issues surrounding President Kennedy's murder in front of an American populace that has grown largely apathetic with the passage of time.

I just watched Ventura's interview with Ann Curry on the Today show. Ventura said that his goal was to have people realize 100 years from now that not

everybody bought the government line.

Here is a transcript to Ventura's interview on the Larry King Live show last night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/08/lkl.01.html

What channel is Ventura's conspiracies TV show on? I would like to catch an episode, but have no idea where it's at.

Ron,

I live in Northern Ca & have Comcast Cable so it`s on channel 27 in my area.Tru Tv is on channel 204 for those who have Dish Network.Channel 246 for those who have Direct TV.

Edited by Michael Crane

Michael,

Thanks. I have Comcast here in Florida, but nothing called TruTV on it. I guess I don't have the right package, and I'm not going to pay the thieves more than I'm already paying.

Michael,

Thanks. I have Comcast here in Florida, but nothing called TruTV on it. I guess I don't have the right package, and I'm not going to pay the thieves more than I'm already paying.

Ron, I'm sure you have checked carefully, but it might be worth a second look. I also have Comcast in Florida and I get TruTV. I think the shows are available on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUT9A6Pmkw

Michael,

Ron, I'm sure you have checked carefully, but it might be worth a second look. I also have Comcast in Florida and I get TruTV. I think the shows are available on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUT9A6Pmkw

TRU TV used to be known as Court TV. I watched the first season of Ventura's show and found it hugely disappointing. Each episode followed a similar pattern. His investigators would lay out something kinda wacky and mysterious, like the Bilderbergers secretly running the world, and he would say "Hmm, let's get to the bottom of this" and storm off to do just that. He then shows up somewhere unannounced and uninvited, and finds the refusal of the security guards wherever he shows up to let him in "suspicious." He seems to think being a former Navy Seal and Governor gives him an "all-access pass" to both government-owned and privately-owned facilities. At the end of the show, he ultimately pronounces that "we are not being told the truth about (fill in the blank)."

Sadly, the show is more about him than the topics being investigated. His performance, the music, even the camera angles all convey that he is a super-hero or super-warrior for the truth, kinda like Kolchak on steroids (if you remember the old Darren McGavin TV show), only investigating conspiracies instead of monsters.

I suspect Dick's book will be better. If not, well, I suspect Ventura's bringing some of these possible conspiracies some attention won't hurt too much, seeing as "conspiracy theorist" is already a bad word in most quarters.

I watched the first season of Ventura's show and found it hugely disappointing. Each episode followed a similar pattern. His investigators would lay out something kinda wacky and mysterious, like the Bilderbergers secretly running the world, and he would say "Hmm, let's get to the bottom of this" and storm off to do just that.

What a waste. He could devote a whole season just to JFK. But I guess they figure the viewing public doesn't have that kind of attention span. Or interest, for that matter. Gotta be something new and exciting every week. That's show biz.

I watched the first season of Ventura's show and found it hugely disappointing. Each episode followed a similar pattern. His investigators would lay out something kinda wacky and mysterious, like the Bilderbergers secretly running the world, and he would say "Hmm, let's get to the bottom of this" and storm off to do just that.

What a waste. He could devote a whole season just to JFK. But I guess they figure the viewing public doesn't have that kind of attention span. Or interest, for that matter. Gotta be something new and exciting every week. That's show biz.

I largely agree with what Pat Speer said. Ventura is much more effective when speaking extemporaneously,

even if its things he's repeated over and over at other venues, then he is when following a script, with multiple takes.

In the pre-publicity for the show it appeared that Ventura was not going to be allowed to do a segment on JFK, a subject he has very strong feelings about. I have not seen any reruns lately of his show. The show most disturbing to me was about 2012 and the artwork at the airport in Denver. I did not see any reruns of that show.

Doug Weldon

In the pre-publicity for the show it appeared that Ventura was not going to be allowed to do a segment on JFK, a subject he has very strong feelings about. I have not seen any reruns lately of his show. The show most disturbing to me was about 2012 and the artwork at the airport in Denver. I did not see any reruns of that show.

Doug Weldon

Thanks for your thoughts, Doug. Jesse is ON THE RIGHT TRACK, even if not always 100 percent right.

Also, his shows have to be "show-bizzy" to be aired at all. Serious documentaries would not be aired.

By the way, all the shows can be accessed by computer. Google TRU TV JESSE VENTURA and choose

any show.

Jack

post-667-1268199372_thumb.jpg

Jesse's strength is also his weakness. His pro wrestling past has left him with a certain reputation and personna, which repels many people but attracts others. Lots of young people will be drawn to the subject of conspiracies in general, for instance, because of his background and style. Professional historians and mainstream reporters will treat him as predictably as they treat all CTers.

I agree with Pat as well about his show. A little too theatrical, and ultimately anticlimatic. However, it did serve to get the general subject on the air, which is a real rarity.

Jesse may not be perfect, but among public figures he is probably our best hope.

Doug Weldon

Dick Russell told me about the show when it was just getting hatched. I asked at that time if Jesse was going to do a show on JFK. If I recall, Russell said it was considered too complex for one episode, and that the format for the show for the first season was one episode per conspiracy. He made it sound like it was something Jesse hoped to get into as the series progressed, however.

So I wouldn't be surprised if there's something on JFK in the second season. (I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a second season, but am unsure if this is TRU.)

Jesse's strength is also his weakness. His pro wrestling past has left him with a certain reputation and personna, which repels many people but attracts others. Lots of young people will be drawn to the subject of conspiracies in general, for instance, because of his background and style. Professional historians and mainstream reporters will treat him as predictably as they treat all CTers.

I agree with Pat as well about his show. A little too theatrical, and ultimately anticlimatic. However, it did serve to get the general subject on the air, which is a real rarity.

Jesse may not be perfect, but among public figures he is probably our best hope.

I think the Powers allow Jesse because they consider him a "straw man" who can easily be

knocked down. I think they underestimate him. He "gets it" and gets people interested.

Jack