The Education Forum

Why did/do the Kennedys remain silent?

John Dolva

Guest Tom Scully

...Try "Joseph Kennedy Ltd., a holding company that operated export houses in British Columbia.

Or

The "Kennedy Silk Hat Cocktail Co."

Terry, are you maintaining that it is reasonable to believe that the FBI and partisan senators "missed" this

Joseph P. Kennedy, blatant evidence of lawbreaking, in the instances when Kennedy was required to be vetted for at

least three presidential appointments; SEC, Ambassador to UK, and membership on a crime board?

You post the examples of "evidence" I examine and then discard because they are unsupportable. Here are some things

that would have had to be overlooked.

The earliest mention of Joseph Kennedy Ltd. I can find are these two ads.: (newspaperarchive.com search results)

Winnipeg Free Press - December 17, 1923, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Image loading

the. first refund. -Gold Latel- for the holidays BRAND COCKTAILS JOSEPH KENNEDY LIB. EXTRA DRV MANHATTAN Extra Dry MARTINI Extra Dry A...

Refine by:

Date: Monday, December 17, 1923

City: Winnipeg

State: Manitoba

Winnipeg Free Press - December 26, 1923, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Image loading

FEATURES COMING ELMO" BRAND COCKTAILS for the holidays BRAND COCKTAILS JOSEPH KENNEDY LTD. MANHATTAN Extra Dry MARTINI Sxtra Dry f 'A perfect...

Refine by:

Date: Wednesday, December 26, 1923

Lethbridge Herald, The - August 26, 1927, Lethbridge, Alberta

Image loading

Reifel, brother of Harry, and manager... ..."Farmer Brown's ialers Named In SEATTLE Cferges Prominent Men Engaged Exporting and Distilling Business n SEATTLE,... ...Vancouver...Exporting and Distilling Business n SEATTLE,... ...Vancouver liquor ex- port house; Harry Reltel, secretary of the Kennedy company and mem- ber of... ...well...

Refine by:

Date: Friday, August 26, 1927

City: Lethbridge

State: Alberta

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Csbd%3A1%2Ccdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A1927%2Ccd_max%3A1936&q=harry+reifel+joseph&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=harry+reifel+joseph&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=91dcdcfaf98861f5

SEVEN CANADIANS ARE INDICTED BY JURY IN SEATTLE‎

- Atlanta Constitution - Aug 27, 1927

The Canadians named among theA defendants are Oakland D Lamp man director of Joseph Rennedy Ltd Vancouver liquor ex port bouse Harry Reifel secretary ...

Moms Probe Is .[old .Of Payments To .Bc Newspapers World,...‎

Montreal Gazette - Jan 25, 1927

... no more payments of Urn kind lie declared Mr Reifel was askedwhen his son Harry manager of the joseph Kennedy Company liquor exporters would return from ...

A Canadian student submitted a thesis on this subject in 1979. She even referred to the firm in question as the "Jospeh P. Kennedy Exporting Company." She includes many details of the Reifels and the accusations of illegal activities. There is however, nothing there to support your suspicions. This is the reason I have ruled this line of investigation out as a "smoking gun". It is too obvious, and if there was anything to it, enemies of JFK and his father would have paid to put it up on billboards. If you believe JFK and RFK were not killed by "lone nuts," it should not be too much of a leap to accept that anything as obvious as Joseph P Kennedy Exporting Company of Vancouver, BC, would have been put up in public in neon lights to discredit Kennedy before he could be appointed as first SEC chief and as an ambassador, and then prominently dragged up again when JFK campaigned for political office.

The politics of liquor in British Columbia : 1920-1928

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat

the Commission was Mr. George C. Reifel (son of Henry Reifel), of Vancouver. Breweries and the Joseph P. Kennedy Exporting Company. With Farris acting ...

http://ir.lib.sfu.ca/bitstream/1892/5227/1/b1413164x.pdf

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+reifel&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1,sbd:1&ei=lR-yTOeEOoX6lweVwpS6Ag&start=330&sa=N

SECOND $100,000 BOND ORDERED FORFEITED IN RUM RUNNING …

Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - Sep 12, 1934

cral Judge JohnC Bowen today dl the forfeiture of the second $100000 bond in the case of Henry Reifel Sr and George Reifel Van couver B. C. distillers ...

Reporter In Chicago Faces Contempt Charge

Pay-Per-View - The Sun - Jul 28, 1934

... States by the Reifel Brewery interests of British Columbia has been tied up ... civil suit against Henry Reifel and his son George The Government has ...

Reifel And Sons Quit Beer Jobs .

Spokane Daily Chronicle - Jul 27, 1934

two sons Hurry and George have resigned from the directorate of Brewers and Dis tillers Ltd of British Columbia the company announced today The resignations ...

ACCUSED LIQUOR MEN RESIGN AS DIRECTORS

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - Jul 27, 1934

Henry Rcifel and his two sons Har ry and George have resigned from the ... of the stockholders the announcement said Henry Reifel and his son George are at ...

MISSING COAST MEN LOCATED UNHARMED

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - Jul 24, 1934

REIFEL LIQUOR CASE. INQUIRY OPENS TODAY ... government evidence against asserted rumrun ning activities of Henry Reiel and his son George VancouverB. C. ...

CANADIAN DISTILLERS HELD; They Are Accused in Seattle of...

$3.95 - New York Times - Jul 8, 1934

Henr3 Reifel, president of Brewers and Distillers, Ltd., of Vancouver, and his son, George C. Reifel, were accused by the government of heading an elaborate ...

RUM CHARGE JAILS TWO

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - Jul 7, 1934

Henry Reifel president of the Brewers and Distillers Ltd of Vancouver B. C. and his son George C Reifel were arrested here today by customs agents accused ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+reifel&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1,sbd:1&ei=tR-yTNO7FYeglAfh88y5CQ&start=320&sa=N

Fly Shortens Shaver's Nose

‎ - Los Angeles Times - Jul 31, 1935

Federal Judge Jeremiah Neterer dismissed all civil suits for internal revenue taxes % and other claims against Henry Reifel his son George and other ...

JARECKI RUSHES RELIEF PROGRAM ON REALTY TAXES

- Chicago Tribune - Jul 30, 1935

The government took court action to collect the huge sum IenryReifel and George C Reilfel his son for duties customs penalties and Internal revenue taxes ...

Loislaw Federal District Court Opinions - UNITED STATES v....

‎- Loislaw Federal District Court Opinions - Oct 26, 1934

... in January 1934 including the day of service of the summons and complaint The affidavits of Wills Twittey Tobin and George Reifel cannot change what was ...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt Gore Vidal Jackie Kennedy's step brother?

No he wasn't.

To refer to Vidal as part of the Kennedy extended family isnt "absurd".

Just like just about everything you say it is absurd.

Otherwise I cannot read the rest of your drivel, it's just too painful.

Translation, you can't rebut what I wrote.

I assume this is what you had been waiting for all this time?

"All this time"? I replied in 18 hours, I was asleep for about 8 of them.

...Try "Joseph Kennedy Ltd., a holding company that operated export houses in British Columbia.

Or

Terry, are you maintaining that it is reasonable to believe that the FBI and partisan senators "missed" this

Joseph P. Kennedy, blatant evidence of lawbreaking, in the instances when Kennedy was required to be vetted for at

least three presidential appointments; SEC, Ambassador to UK, and membership on a crime board?

You post the examples of "evidence" I examine and then discard because they are unsupportable. Here are some things

The earliest mention of Joseph Kennedy Ltd. I can find are these two ads.: (newspaperarchive.com search results)

Image loading

the. first refund. -Gold Latel- for the holidays BRAND COCKTAILS JOSEPH KENNEDY LIB. EXTRA DRV MANHATTAN Extra Dry MARTINI Extra Dry A...

Refine by:

Image loading

FEATURES COMING ELMO" BRAND COCKTAILS for the holidays BRAND COCKTAILS JOSEPH KENNEDY LTD. MANHATTAN Extra Dry MARTINI Sxtra Dry f 'A perfect...

Refine by:

Image loading

Reifel, brother of Harry, and manager... ..."Farmer Brown's ialers Named In SEATTLE Cferges Prominent Men Engaged Exporting and Distilling Business n SEATTLE,... ...Vancouver...Exporting and Distilling Business n SEATTLE,... ...Vancouver liquor ex- port house; Harry Reltel, secretary of the Kennedy company and mem- ber of... ...well...

Refine by:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Csbd%3A1%2Ccdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A1927%2Ccd_max%3A1936&q=harry+reifel+joseph&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=harry+reifel+joseph&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=91dcdcfaf98861f5

The Canadians named among theA defendants are Oakland D Lamp man director of Joseph Rennedy Ltd Vancouver liquor ex port bouse Harry Reifel secretary ...

... no more payments of Urn kind lie declared Mr Reifel was askedwhen his son Harry manager of the joseph Kennedy Company liquor exporters would return from ...

A Canadian student submitted a thesis on this subject in 1979. She even referred to the firm in question as the "Jospeh P. Kennedy Exporting Company." She includes many details of the Reifels and the accusations of illegal activities. There is however, nothing there to support your suspicions. This is the reason I have ruled this line of investigation out as a "smoking gun". It is too obvious, and if there was anything to it, enemies of JFK and his father would have paid to put it up on billboards. If you believe JFK and RFK were not killed by "lone nuts," it should not be too much of a leap to accept that anything as obvious as Joseph P Kennedy Exporting Company of Vancouver, BC, would have been put up in public in neon lights to discredit Kennedy before he could be appointed as first SEC chief and as an ambassador, and then prominently dragged up again when JFK campaigned for political office.

the Commission was Mr. George C. Reifel (son of Henry Reifel), of Vancouver. Breweries and the Joseph P. Kennedy Exporting Company. With Farris acting ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+reifel&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1,sbd:1&ei=lR-yTOeEOoX6lweVwpS6Ag&start=330&sa=N

cral Judge JohnC Bowen today dl the forfeiture of the second $100000 bond in the case of Henry Reifel Sr and George Reifel Van couver B. C. distillers ...

... States by the Reifel Brewery interests of British Columbia has been tied up ... civil suit against Henry Reifel and his son George The Government has ...

two sons Hurry and George have resigned from the directorate of Brewers and Dis tillers Ltd of British Columbia the company announced today The resignations ...

Henry Rcifel and his two sons Har ry and George have resigned from the ... of the stockholders the announcement said Henry Reifel and his son George are at ...

REIFEL LIQUOR CASE. INQUIRY OPENS TODAY ... government evidence against asserted rumrun ning activities of Henry Reiel and his son George VancouverB. C. ...

Henr3 Reifel, president of Brewers and Distillers, Ltd., of Vancouver, and his son, George C. Reifel, were accused by the government of heading an elaborate ...

RUM CHARGE JAILS TWO

Henry Reifel president of the Brewers and Distillers Ltd of Vancouver B. C. and his son George C Reifel were arrested here today by customs agents accused ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+reifel&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1,sbd:1&ei=tR-yTNO7FYeglAfh88y5CQ&start=320&sa=N

Federal Judge Jeremiah Neterer dismissed all civil suits for internal revenue taxes % and other claims against Henry Reifel his son George and other ...

The government took court action to collect the huge sum IenryReifel and George C Reilfel his son for duties customs penalties and Internal revenue taxes ...

... in January 1934 including the day of service of the summons and complaint The affidavits of Wills Twittey Tobin and George Reifel cannot change what was ...

Tom, you amaze me. Unless there is something wrong with my ability to comprehend the written word, the articles you pasted confirm not contradict JPK bootlegging activity.

You operate under the assumption that the Kennedy family "opposition" would have used this against the family. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt two of the Joseph Kennedy sons shot to pieces and murdered? One son was the 35th President of the United States while the other was murdered while campaigning for the same office. Have those two murders ever been solved? And that question get's us back to the original question of this thread: Why do the Kennedy's remain silent"?

Ever hear of the Bronfman family? They have seemed to do okay since their start as organized crime working with Lansky, Linsey, Kennedy and the rest. No one has laid a finger on the Bronfmans or their financial and political empire. And the facts of their illegal activity is available for anyone to see.

Why have the Bronfman family not been put out of business? Was their reputation and family history cleaned up just like the Kennedy family? If so who was/is behind this revisionist histpory?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/10/billionaires-2009-richest-people_Edgar-Bronfman-Sr_E8GC.html

Wasnt Gore Vidal Jackie Kennedy's step brother?

No he wasn't.

To refer to Vidal as part of the Kennedy extended family isnt "absurd".

Just like just about everything you say it is absurd.

Otherwise I cannot read the rest of your drivel, it's just too painful.

Translation, you can't rebut what I wrote.

I assume this is what you had been waiting for all this time?

"All this time"? I replied in 18 hours, I was asleep for about 8 of them.

Vidal was a relative by marriage.

What is there to rebut?

Quote:

What Schneider failed to explain is how he established that the owner of the companies in Vancouver was the Joseph Kennedy in question. It’s a very common name hundreds are listed in the US White Pages*.

Len, is this your evidence/ rebuttal? Are you going to tell me you didnt crib this from another source?

Are you presenting this as your discovery/argument?

Quote:

You’re right the only way an ambitious Harvard educated Irish-American could have become wealthy in the ‘20s was rum running

I never made any such claim. I said Joseph P. Kennedy was running liquor into the United States during prohibition.

Furthermore why don't you tell me how he made his millions.

Edited by Terry Mauro

Or

Image loading

Refine by:

Image loading

Refine by:

Image loading

Refine by:

RUM CHARGE JAILS TWO

Tom, you amaze me. Unless there is something wrong with my ability to comprehend the written word, the articles you pasted confirm not contradict JPK bootlegging activity.

You operate under the assumption that the Kennedy family "opposition" would have used this against the family. Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt two of the Joseph Kennedy sons shot to pieces and murdered? One son was the 35th President of the United States while the other was murdered while campaigning for the same office. Have those two murders ever been solved? And that question get's us back to the original question of this thread: Why do the Kennedy's remain silent"?

Ever hear of the Bronfman family? They have seemed to do okay since their start as organized crime working with Lansky, Linsey, Kennedy and the rest. No one has laid a finger on the Bronfmans or their financial and political empire. And the facts of their illegal activity is available for anyone to see.

Why have the Bronfman family not been put out of business? Was their reputation and family history cleaned up just like the Kennedy family? If so who was/is behind this revisionist histpory?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/10/billionaires-2009-richest-people_Edgar-Bronfman-Sr_E8GC.html

Good thing this isnt "the" Joseph Kennedy. 1927 NYTimes.

FrankSavard.pdf

I’ll give you the slow-learner version Hugh D. Auchincloss Jr. was Vidal’s step-father 1935 – 41 and Jackie’s step father 1942 – 79. They probably only knew each other vaguely if at all. There is no reason to assume he has some sort of special insight in to how the father-in-law of his ex-stepfather’s step-daughter made his fortune in the 1920’s.

Quote:

What Schneider failed to explain is how he established that the owner of the companies in Vancouver was the Joseph Kennedy in question. It’s a very common name hundreds are listed in the US White Pages*.

Len, is this your evidence/ rebuttal? Are you going to tell me you didnt crib this from another source?

Nope I “didnt crib this from another source”. I’ll give you $10,000 if you can show otherwise, unlike you I’m not a welch. Yes that was part of my rebuttal, Schneider seems to have assumed that the owner of Joseph Kennedy LTD was JFK’s father, the evidence suggests otherwise. Especially since Tom has discovered the company was in business before Kennedy moved to the west coast. Do you really think Kennedy would be dumb enough to start a company to do something illegal and name it after himself? Based on what Tom and you have turned up there doesn’t even seem to have been anyone named Kennedy at the company.

Quote:

You’re right the only way an ambitious Harvard educated Irish-American could have become wealthy in the ‘20s was rum running

I never made any such claim.

It was implicit, why else mention his ethnicity?

I said Joseph P. Kennedy was running liquor into the United States during prohibition.

According to most biographers, through Wall St. real estate, films and legal liquor distribution after prohibition.

Thanks for that Terry, you deserve the Adres Escobar Award for posting that. "Joseph Kennedy Ltd" was named as a major player in bootlegging in a 1927 Canadian inquiry and this made the front page of the NY Times at a time when the future president's father was already a major player in Wall St, Hollywood and real estate and you think no one noticed?

EDIT: Typo fixed

Edited by Len Colby

I know this is a major sidestep but does anyone have any connections here to Corr?

Thanks for that Terry, you deserve the Adres Escobar Award for posting that. "Joseph Kennedy Ltd" was named as a major player in bootlegging in a 1927 Canadian inquiry and this made the front page of the NY Times at a time when the future president's father was already a major player in Wall St, Hollywood and real estate and you think no one noticed?

With so many people using that name, so many Joseph Kennedy's, it could have been anyone of them. :D

Wall Street, Hollywood and Real Estate? They go together with dope and booze. Havent you looked at the Bronfman's? Wall Street, Hollywood, Real Estate, Booze.

I’ll give you the slow-learner version Hugh D. Auchincloss Jr. was Vidal’s step-father 1935 – 41 and Jackie’s step father 1942 – 79. They probably only knew each other vaguely if at all. There is no reason to assume he has some sort of special insight in to how the father-in-law of his ex-stepfather’s step-daughter made his fortune in the 1920’s.

Quote:

Nope I “didnt crib this from another source”. I’ll give you $10,000 if you can show otherwise, unlike you I’m not a welch. Yes that was part of my rebuttal, Schneider seems to have assumed that the owner of Joseph Kennedy LTD was JFK’s father, the evidence suggests otherwise. Especially since Tom has discovered the company was in business before Kennedy moved to the west coast. Do you really think Kennedy would be dumb enough to start a company to do something illegal and name it after himself? Based on what Tom and you have turned up there doesn’t even seem to have been anyone named Kennedy at the company.

Quote:

I never made any such claim.

I said Joseph P. Kennedy was running liquor into the United States during prohibition.

According to most biographers, through Wall St. real estate, films and legal liquor distribution after prohibition.

’ll give you the slow-learner version Hugh D. Auchincloss Jr. was Vidal’s step-father 1935 – 41 and Jackie’s step father 1942 – 79. They probably only knew each other vaguely if at all. There is no reason to assume he has some sort of special insight in to how the father-in-law of his ex-stepfather’s step-daughter made his fortune in the 1920’s.

What's your point? Vidal stepfather was Jackie's stepfather. Now one certainly couldnt imagine this as an extended family, now could we? Then you speculate that they probably only knew each other vaguely. Vidal has been associated with the Kennedy family for over 60 years. He certainly is qualified to repeat what he knows about the family business dealings.

That's funny I read the same argument on line just hours before you came here with the very same insight. You even caught the Harvard booze story, along with the fact that there are so many Joseph Kennedy's living in that area. And it was Joe Sr. who brought all the booze for his 10th year Harvard Reunion. It was not his son Joe Jr.

The evidence doesnt suggest otherwise that ownership of Joseph Kennedy Ltd. was anyone other than the father of the 35th President. The evidence you offer above is for dummy's. Especially when you consider Great Britain actually ran the illegal booze operation into the USA. Mobsters like Kennedy, Bronfman, Costello, Reinfeld were cut outs.

I was direct in my statement. Joseph Kennedy ran illegal booze into the United States during prohibition. That illegal operation was a major source of the Kennedy wealth. It was also a British operation. Joe Kennedy was a creature of the wealthy British aristocrats.

Len, I know a lot about Gore Vidal. Gore and Jackie were step-siblings once removed. They were at the home at different times and were friendly. She used to wear his plaid shirts for warmth sometimes. Gore Vidal admired her very much. He wrote after she died how intelligent she was and possessed with a profound acerbic wit. He never said anything about her when she was alive, as far as I know.

The trouble started when the Kennedys gave a dinner in the White House. Jackie was in a room with several people. There was nowhere to sit. He squatted down by her and kept his balance by resting his hand on Jackie's shoulder next to him. They started talking. Whoever was on her other side spoke to her. Suddenly his hand was knocked off Jackie's shoulder. It was Bobby Kennedy. Gore ignored him. Again Jackie turned to him and the person on her other side engaged her attention. Again Bobby Kennedy knocked Vidal's hand off Jackie's shoulder. Kennedy walked out of the room. Vidal stormed out after him. He closed the door behind him and other doors were closed. He said, "Don't you ever do that again." To which Kennedy replied, "F--- off, Buddy Boy." To which one of America's man of letters heard himself say, "You f--- off." [i had to clean up the language for Kathy Beckett's sake.]

When this party was over, Jackie never spoke to him again. And I think that's tragic. Rumors began circulating that Gore Vidal got drunk at the party, disgraced himself -- and by the early '70's Truman Capote had him physically picked up by Secret Service men and placed onto Pennsylvania Ave. This, of course, was not true. But the story always remained that he got drunk at the White House party and caused trouble.

In later years a reporter asked Lee Radziwell (Jackie's sister) about the Gore Vidal and Truman Capote feud. "Oh, everyone knows they're both fags," she said. This almost killed Capote. He had done so much for Lee Radziwell so she could be something by herself. I believe this took place after Capote published several chapters of a new book (never finished) in Esquire: "La Cote Basque," I think. None of his high society friends, except Joann Carson, ever spoke to him again, as it was so obviously about them.

Anyway, Gore Vidal and Jackie Kennedy ("two of the coolest people of our generation") got onto an elevator together in NY. Neither one of them knew where to look. They just wouldn't talk. She got off first and said in her Monroe-ish voice, tinged with sarcasm, "Bye."

Kathy C

My original comments

Terry's replies

My response to Terry

’ll give you the slow-learner version Hugh D. Auchincloss Jr. was Vidal’s step-father 1935 – 41 and Jackie’s step father 1942 – 79. They probably only knew each other vaguely if at all. There is no reason to assume he has some sort of special insight in to how the father-in-law of his ex-stepfather’s step-daughter made his fortune in the 1920’s.

What's your point? Vidal stepfather was Jackie's stepfather. Now one certainly couldnt imagine this as an extended family, now could we? Then you speculate that they probably only knew each other vaguely. Vidal has been associated with the Kennedy family for over 60 years. He certainly is qualified to repeat what he knows about the family business dealings

Vidal was 10 when his parents were divorced and 16 when his mother and stepfather divorced, why would you expect him to have contact with Auchincloss after this let alone his step-children? Fven IF they had a sibling like relationship there is little reason to believe he had any special insight. Do you have a married sibling? If so how much do you know about how your bother or sister-in-law's father made money 20 - 30 years before the wedding?

That's funny I read the same argument on line just hours before you came here with the very same insight. You even caught the Harvard booze story, along with the fact that there are so many Joseph Kennedy's living in that area.

Please provide a link to this supposed account, it's a rather obvious point, it's not an uncommon name.

And it was Joe Sr. who brought all the booze for his 10th year Harvard Reunion. It was not his son Joe Jr.

Yes I saw that elsewhere, however Schneider, the author you cited, is the one who got the story confused which doesn't do much for his credibility. Even if true doesn't establish him as a bootlegger

The evidence doesnt suggest otherwise that ownership of Joseph Kennedy Ltd. was anyone other than the father of the 35th President. The evidence you offer above is for dummy's. Especially when you consider Great Britain actually ran the illegal booze operation into the USA. Mobsters like Kennedy, Bronfman, Costello, Reinfeld were cut outs.

Of course if you had any evidence of the above you would have cited it by now. What evidence do you have that JFK's father as opposed to some other Joseph Kennedy was the owner of they company?

Riddle me this Batwoman,

Why would JPK...

...base a company in Vancouver when he was living in Boston and supposedly bring booze though the Boston area?

...name company set up to do something illegal after himself?

How do you explain no one accusing him of being a bootlegger at the time or during his SEC, Ambassedor confirmation hearingsif Joseph Kennedy LTD's involvement was well known? (1st page of the NYT, discussed during a Canadian parliamentary inquiry, cited in Morenthau's diary years later)

I was direct in my statement. Joseph Kennedy ran illegal booze into the United States during prohibition.

Why did you mention his ethnicity?

That illegal operation was a major source of the Kennedy wealth. It was also a British operation. Joe Kennedy was a creature of the wealthy British aristocrats.

Get back to us when you have evidence of what you speak. YOU unquestioningly accept what your messiah and his disciples tell you, I don't think anyone else here does.

EDIT formatting errors fixed

Edited by Len Colby

Len, I know a lot about Gore Vidal. Gore and Jackie were step-siblings once removed. They were at the home at different times and were friendly. She used to wear his plaid shirts for warmth sometimes. Gore Vidal admired her very much. He wrote after she died how intelligent she was and possessed with a profound acerbic wit. He never said anything about her when she was alive, as far as I know.

Kathy what evidence do have for the above? The story makes no sense, whose house did they supposedly share? Auchincloss’? Why would Vidal spend time at his ex-stepfather house? His mother remarried in 1942 the same year Auchincloss married Jackie’s mother.

"Joseph Kennedy Ltd" was named as a major player in bootlegging in a 1927 Canadian inquiry and this made the front page of the NY Times at a time when the future president's father was already a major player in Wall St, Hollywood and real estate and you think no one noticed?

How many American's or media made a big deal about the NYSE meeting with the drug lords of Columbia in 1999?

Richard Grasso meets with Paul Reyes the head of the Columbian drug army FARC. Grasso wanted to take their enterprise "public" as in IPO. He toured Europe with the FARC introdcing them as the "real" Government of Columbia.

On June 26, 1999, Reuters reported that Grasso met with Colombian rebels, the FARC, in an article entitled "NYSE Chief Meets Top Colombia Rebel Leader". The FARC is considered a terrorist organization by the U.S. State Department (on its list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations) and is allegedly responsible for kidnappings and narcotics trafficking in order to bankroll their revolutionary activities (see: narcoterrorism).

The article quoted Grasso as saying, "I invite members of the FARC to visit the New York Stock Exchange so that they can get to know the market personally." Some found the meeting inexplicable, considering the FARC supports anti-capitalist ideals and has no officially recognized financial clout. Grasso told reporters that he was bringing "a message of cooperation from U.S. financial services."[3]

http://yeslove.happysoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/grasso_farc.jpg

Back in Kennedy's bootlegging days the market was totally unregulated.

The definitive story of the Pecora Commission and the origin and passage of Glass Steagall.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130384189

SIEGEL: This was the jungle. This was the unregulated jungle of Wall Street.

Prof. PERINO: Pure laissez-faire. At this point, in the late 1920s and up to the hearings, Washington had never regulated the securities markets. There was some federal regulation of banking, but at this point, Wall Street was pure laissez-faire.

SIEGEL: How much credit does Pecora deserve for the reforms that President Roosevelt - who at this moment is just entering office, presidents were inaugurated in those days in March, and the critical hearings were unfolding just before that - the reforms that FDR ultimately championed?

Mr. PERINO: I think he deserves a huge amount of credit. And here's the reason why. One of the most famous laws to pass during that first 100 days of Roosevelt's administration was the so-called Glass-Steagall Act. And Glass-Steagall, as many people know, did primarily two things. First of all, it separated commercial and investment banking. And second, what it did was to create federal deposit insurance.

Glass-Steagall had actually been kicking around Congress for a couple of years. And in the month before Pecora became counsel to the hearings, it actually went down to a fiery defeat at the hands of Huey Long from Louisiana in a very famous filibuster.

But when Pecora came along - and Pecora, I have to say, was the beneficiary of incredible timing, he put Charlie Mitchell(ph) on the stand at precisely the time the banking crisis of 1933 hit. With every bank across the country shuttered and Pecora revealing all of the wrongdoing that was happening on Wall Street, Glass-Steagall sailed through relatively easily and actually was much more extensive than it otherwise would have been.

Deposit insurance wasn't even dreamed about in January of 1932. In the spring of 1933, it passed easily.

SIEGEL: Yeah, you write that FDR, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, was very skeptical about federal deposit insurance. Some states had tried it. He said it didn't work. But the public mood was changing and banks were also closing all over the place. And so what had been a very radical measure a year earlier becomes law.

Mr. PERINO: That's right. And his vice president, Garner, basically told Roosevelt, you know, if you want people to put money back in the banks, you're going to have to give them federal deposit insurance.

And as we look back on it now, we can see that that federal deposit insurance proved to be one of the most important structural reforms to the banking committee to emerge from the New Deal.

SIEGEL: Michael Perino, thank you very much for talking with us.

Mr. PERINO: Thanks for having me.

Michael Perino's book about Ferdinand Pecora's investigation of the great crash is called "The Hellhound of Wall Street."