The Education Forum

Zapruder Frames

Robin Unger

Thanks, Robin, for all your hard work!

Kathy

Excellent work Robin! (which is of course what one would expect from you)

It is works such as this/these, and the other photograph evidence which you have posted, which will ultimately lead to much of the unraveling of the Warren Commission's intentional obfuscation of the simple facts of the assassination.

Tom

I agree. I wouldn't call that eye candy anymore, Robin. However, the question of Costellas lost marbles remains. Unfortunately, while closer to what it should be in one sense, this still a further step away from the original. Correct data cannot be created from a flawed input. Still, a formidable piece of work.

I agree. I wouldn't call that eye candy anymore, Robin. However, the question of Costellas lost marbles remains. Unfortunately, while closer to what it should be in one sense, this still a further step away from the original. Correct data cannot be created from a flawed input. Still, a formidable piece of work.

John.

Do you have better frames with the ghost panels attached:

at the moment Johns frames are the only ones i have access too

I would appreciate it if anyone could send me a cd or dvd containing the clearest MPI Version.

Robin.

Hi Thomas.

Thanks for the generous comments.

Cheers.

Robin.

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin, I think the only way to get the frames without most of the distortions that people have applied over the years is to pay for copies from the 6th floor museum. Even then I don't think that all the frames would be supplied and those supplied would be under strict conditions of use.

Robin,

I didn't get a sense that he was offended at all, only a bit mystified. In my experience with John, he's pretty straight forward about that sort of thing.

Greg.

This is one of the galleries attached to Rich's old forum.

Look at the Z-Frames

I think they appear closer to the frames i posted, than to the color shown in the newer version of the Costella frames.

What was Rich's source for these frames. ?

JFKresearch Photo Gallery 11

Zapruder film sprocket area "ghost" images

http://www.jfkresearch.com/Gallery_11/

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin,

I didn't get a sense that he was offended at all, only a bit mystified. In my experience with John, he's pretty straight forward about that sort of thing.

Greg.

Look at the Z-Frames

I think they appear closer to the frames i posted, than to the color saturation shown in the newer version of the Costella frames.

Gallery 12

The newer version of John's frames in Rich's galleries

JFKresearch Photo Gallery 12

Dr. John Costella's enhanced Zapruder film frames

http://www.jfkresearch.com/Gallery_12/

Robin,

Greg.

Look at the Z-Frames

I think they appear closer to the frames i posted, than to the color shown in the newer version of the Costella frames.

JFKresearch Photo Gallery 11

Zapruder film sprocket area "ghost" images

Frankly, if we're voting... I prefer Robin's colorization of the frames, but that's me. Pleasing and easy on the eyes to say the least, considering the film topic. Professionaly we would term Robin's version as New York type color(drab, somewhat flat and muted). As opposed to Dr. John's rework of the frames: Hollywood, or LA color was the term (simply-- oversatured and in the video world over saturated-over modulated and crushed blacks) probably closer to the Kodacolor film color. You can get away with that utilizing high resolution film, but not in video or jpeg-internet imagery-- color does tend to bleed into its neighboring color, so, some blurring tends to occur throughout the entire image, thus image resolution suffers... In short, tougher to do a serious inner frame study. So, from my perspective, just another subtle form of film alteration, over saturation, I suspect, some introduced in the creation of MPI DVD Zapruder film... Image color saturation one of the areas of questions I had for the editor who put MPI piece together. Unfortunately, way back then they wouldn't take my calls...

Edited by David G. Healy

John.

Do you have better frames with the ghost panels attached:

at the moment Johns frames are the only ones i have access too

I would appreciate it if anyone could send me a cd or dvd containing the clearest MPI Version.

Robin.

Hi Thomas.

Thanks for the generous comments.

Cheers.

Robin.

Robin, thank you.

You did a famous job to desaturate this Costallallalo frames.

Martin

Edited by Martin Hinrichs

That's a great question, Robin. I knew at one time, but now I really don't remember. Let me check my notes etc., and/or make some calls.

Thanks Greg.

a couple of years ago Lee Forman sent me a CD with the complete set of the" ghost" frames contained in gallery 11

It was because my CD became faulty and i coud no longer access it, that i had to download john's zip file containing his frames.

Maybe Bernice or Jack can remember the original source of the frames.

Here is a GIF i made a few months ago from Lee's frames before the CD stopped working.

Frames rotated 3-degrees clockwise.

Animation1-3.gif

Hi David

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers Martin

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin,

I thought I remembered that they were from the MPI and that Costella had something to do with it, but I didn't want to say until I was sure.

I just received this from John:

"Yes they are frames that I processed. I think that this was even earlier than the 2002 set of frames. I attached the ghost panels and copied the number across

to the middle of the sprocket holes (reversing black and white). So I would guess that this is 2002 -- my processed frames which were obtained originally from

MPI.

J"

Edited by Greg Burnham