The Education Forum

Not the "OTHER" film but very strange

JFK - The Zapruder Film - What REALLY Happened.....

A poster named Mobilecheese posted this...

It's eerie... it's a wider angle as Greg mentions... but it is NOT the film as he described.. it's an over Zapruder's shoulder POV and we see a rifle in someone's hands at the very end of the clip

If one goes to the poster's youtube page, Palamara is a "friend" and it says the content is from Ireland....

Would have thought by now that I'd have seen this in all the searches I do... this is the first time for me...

Y'all know about this? :blink:

Apologies if I'm coming late to this party...

DJ

I've never seen this before in my life. *It's interesting to "hear" the sound of the projector as the film is running.* That's where the similarity ends, though.

EDIT: * I was listening through the head phones without them being on my head. From my desk it sounded like a film projector running. After I put them

on it no longer did. Never mind.

Edited by Greg Burnham

Thats a CGI animation isn't it ?

I've not seen it before so I'm not sure where it comes from...Maybe a video game or something ?

You may have something there.. JFK Reloaded was the game... yet the few youtube vids of it dont' seem to be as real looking as the first one I posted, definitely more "animated"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIAYssqjhU&feature=related

This "game" is a sick joke...

This "game" is a sick joke...

It sure is. Not only is it the ultimate insult to the memory of the 35th President of the United States, it is an insult to "We the People" of the United States.

Edited by Greg Burnham

Here is another version of the same thing except this time we have opening credits and ending credits while the

gunman smokes a cigar...

Casting by Kristy Carlson, CSA

Visual Effects Supervisor

John "DJ" DesJardin (only coincidence that I sign DJ, I assure you) :blink:

DJ

“Because the Zapruder film of Kennedy’s assassination is such iconic material and so recognizable, our goal was to make sure we mapped out this entire sequence as closely to the original footage as possible,” added Weldon. “There’s a ton of documentation about this footage online and countless conspiracy theories, with everyone breaking it down and analyzing it frame-by-frame, so we couldn’t get away with anything less than perfect. Additionally, the production considered four different set locations before they finally settled on a parking lot on which a partial practical set – a small hill and fence built up on stilts – was constructed to mimic the Dealey Plaza environment (the rest was added digitally in post). For each of the possible set locations, our artists had to recalculate the scene to ensure that the exact speed, grade and proper distance was represented in these less-than-ideal shooting locations.” http://www.primefocusworld.com/work/portfolio/watchmen-warner-bros-pictures

Phantasmagorical effects abound in Warner Bros.’ Watchmen, which isn’t surprising given its origin as a graphic novel about superheroes. But alongside the film’s otherworldly visual effects, Director Zack Snyder employed effects to recreate—with notable twists—famed events in history. Among the milestones depicted in Watchmen is the 1963 shooting of President John F. Kennedy in Dallas.

For this, the film’s Visual Effects Supervisor John “D.J.” Des Jardin called upon CIS Hollywood.

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/dcc/revfeat/step_watchmen_0403/

Mystery solved... Greg et al... guess we found the people to do the recreation of the OTHER film... :ice

This is the end of the article... http://digitalcontentproducer.com/dcc/revfeat/step_watchmen_0403/index1.html

The physical impact of the shooting itself was done digitally, using a track of the head of the actor playing Kennedy. “Whatever Zack Snyder could see in the Zapruder film was what he wanted,” Hirota says. “Based on that film, we set up a little dynamic simulation of the destruction using Maya dynamics. We used some rigid body dynamics for the bigger fragments and a simpler particle simulation for the blood.”

All of the digital elements were rendered in RenderMan as separate passes, which enabled Hirota to be flexible during compositing, which was done in Apple Shake. (CIS Hollywood acquired the source code from Apple in order to continue using the software.) “We generally try to render in passes if possible just because somebody always want to tweak something or another, and it’s almost always better if you can do that in the comp when you’re near the end,” Hirota says. “It saves everyone’s sanity.

“The key challenge with this shot is that it’s an iconic moment in history. You have a certain amount of leeway with a fantasy environment that obviously doesn’t exist. But because everyone is familiar with this image, we had to approach it with a different sensibility. We had to make sure that everything fit together in a way that your eye can’t detect.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Roll:

Director: Zack Snyder

Visual Effects Supervisor: John “D.J.” Des Jardin

For CIS Hollywood:

Visual Effects Supervisor: Bryan Hirota

Visual Effects Producer: David Van Dyke

2D Supervisor: Patrick Kavanaugh

CG Supervisor: Diana Miao

Lead Compositor: Randy Brown

Matchmoving: Yannix Technologies

Edited by David Josephs

Here is another version of the same thing except this time we have opening credits and ending credits while the

gunman smokes a cigar...

From the film "Watchmen", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(film) a 2009 IMO undistinguished adaptation of

an unusually intelligent comic book of the same name from the 1980s.

Whatever this is, note that it is from the GORDON ARNOLD location.

Jack

I assume you are referring to the assassin... and not the Camera... the camera starts over Zap's shoulder and moves horizontal as it pans slightly to the right with the limo... if the camera was from Arnold's POV I'd think the angles be completely different right from the beginning.

DJ

Whatever this is, note that it is from the GORDON ARNOLD location.

Jack

I assume you are referring to the assassin... and not the Camera... the camera starts over Zap's shoulder and moves horizontal as it pans slightly to the right with the limo... if the camera was from Arnold's POV I'd think the angles be completely different right from the beginning.

DJ

I only looked at it once. I did not know the man in the foreground was supposed to be Zapruder. I had the sound off.

The latter parts with the end of the wall and men on the steps would be from the Arnold position. The film does not

have the "look" of most computer graphics.

I do not know what you mean by "the assassin". I saw no assassin. Was I supposed to?

Jack

Edited by Jack White