The Education Forum

Is this receipt for the Mystery Package

"Lee Farley (and others including me) find it intriguing that this postage due notice was reportedly found in Oswald’s suitcase at the Paine house, and was initially associated with, or possibly attached to, another postal form bearing the name and address of George A. Bouhe."

Wow. Does anyone have an image of the postal form in question with the Bouhe name? A CE #? An FBI "C" number? A Dallas record?

Bump ( emphasis added)

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Marina Oswald on Feb. 25, 1964, she remembered the package coming to the Paine house on or about Nov. 20, paying the 12 cents postage due, and accepting the package. So how did it end up at the post office (unless she's mistaken on the dates or otherwise "influenced")

Edited by J. William King

I don't know it is known what package it is. It ended up at the Dead Letter Office (presumably because of the wrong address and didn't emerge till some time after the assassination. Harrys initials are on it.) Why put a non existent address on an envelope. If it is the back the TO label is on the other side and maybe in returning, forwarding whatever it was meant to end up there to be found. It's odd. I don't think there is a such a street anywhere in the United States.

I don't know it is known what package it is. It ended up at the Dead Letter Office (presumably because of the wrong address and didn't emerge till some time after the assassination. Harrys initials are on it.) Why put a non existent address on an envelope. If it is the back the TO label is on the other side and maybe in returning, forwarding whatever it was meant to end up there to be found. It's odd. I don't think there is a such a street anywhere in the United States.

John,

There is a West Nassau Street in Tampa, Florida. It runs from east to west (duh) and begins with the "1000" block (at the eastern end of the street). It has no "600" block.

According to the (U.S. Treasury Department's) Federal Bureau of Narcotics's book "Mafia", Santo Trafficante Jr. lived at 2505 Bristol Avenue. (I think they meant to say 2505 West Bristol Avenue, because that's the only kind of "Bristol Avenue" there is in Tampa.) 2505 West Bristol Avenue and the "1000 block" of West Nassau Street are about two miles apart.

FWIW, West Nassau Street is broken up a bit, and there are no 3700-3800, 4400-4800, or 5200-5400 blocks.

-Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE, THIS POST CONTAINS A COUPLE OF SMALL ERRORS THAT WILL DRASTICALLY EFFECT THE OUTCOME. I'm in the process of redoing it. See post #33.

http://jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/nassaus.jpg

There’s a fair chance that I’ve cracked the code on the “Undeliverable Package – tell me what you think.

My rendering reads thus:

“US Assassins; Eladio, Ed Bayo, Fat L.H., Tex”

That's what I make out of it.

Eladio is likely Eladio Del Valle, Ed Bayo is likely Eddie Bayo, Fat L.H. is likely “Fat” Lawrence Howard, and Tex is uncertain.

I'll give you a short explanation of how the decoding was done - it's not hard. The message on the label is as elegant in its construction as it is shocking in its content. Once I stumbled on some keys, the four names just seemed to fall out. These guys were not only working together, three of the four have long been prime suspects. If you like it, pass it around, and if it holds water, the implications are very interesting.

Here’s the decoder. It’s the most simple of decoding devices, and I think the author of the label gave it to us, by putting a semicolon between the “6” and the “01” in the 601 part of the bogus address (A=0, B=1).

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)

(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

The idea is to subtract. You’re basically going to subtract the value of the second line, "601 West Nassaus St", from the top line, "Lee Oswald". There will be letters left over at the end of the address line that you won’t be able to subtract from anything, and they will be left as is, and used as is.

The trick to making this work is to recognize that during the construction of this thing, some of the letters have been toyed with. The “O” in Oswald has an extra “o” inside it. Directly below that, the “W” in West has a large lower case “n” attached to its left side. Directly below that, the second “a” in Dallas has an “i” in the middle of it. These three letters are “ONI” and we will use them. This means that when you subtract the second line from the first line, you need to subtract the “n” next to the “W” in West from the “O” in Oswald, and also subtract the “W” in West from the other “O” in Oswald.

You also need to know that the first “a” in Nassaus has a line through it. That doesn’t mean it won’t be used, but we need to set that aside and use the following letter, an “s”, to finish our subtraction. In other words, the first “s” in Nassaus gets subtracted from the last letter in Oswald, not the lined-through “a” preceding it.

(Sorry, when I save the changes, the letters won't line up like a math problem. Write them down if need be)

L e e o O s w a l d

-6 -0 -1 -n -W -e -s -t -N -s .......... s a u s (a) S t (ONI)

= F E D B S O E H Y L.................. s a u s (a) S t (ONI)

FED BSOEHYL SAUS (A) ST (ONI)

Now we'll add "Dallas Texas", remembering that the second “a” in Dallas has an “i” in the middle of it, and we’ll be using that, imbedded as it is, in the word “Dallas = Dallias”. (It does double duty since it’s also in the “ONI” statement).

DALLIAS TEXAS

When you’re finished, your storehouse of letters should look something like this:

FED BSOEHYL SAUS (A)* ST DALLIAS TEXAS (ONI)*

There is an “L” left over, and maybe it’s a signature, or maybe it’s a middle initial of one of the crew.

If this turns out to be a correct rendering of a true statement, that means Eddie Bayo was alive and well in November of 1963. If this turns out to be a correct rendering of a true statement by Lee Oswald, then these guys were the shooters.

Tom Hume

Edited by Tom Hume

My inclination is to believe that Lee Oswald made the “undeliverable package” at the book depository. He crafted the bogus address to cover himself in case his suspicions, that he was perhaps being set-up as a patsy, became reality. He made something that maybe his lawyer could fetch from the dead letter office to use should the need arise, or maybe to use as a warning to the real conspirators, a warning that he had incriminating evidence tucked away.

I sure don’t know, but what we have is poor photograph of an enigmatic package containing a label that’s just dripping with clues and begging to be decoded. And I believe I'm getting close. I suspect that on the label, Oswald's saying that he is ONI, and he’s naming names. In my argument, most of the people he points to on the label would make the top ten list of many researchers.

My decoding and anagraming:

Possibly, Eladio Del Valle, Eddie Bayo, Fat Larry Howard, and “Tex”(?).

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

My inclination is to believe that Lee Oswald made the “undeliverable package” at the book depository. He crafted the bogus address to cover himself in case his suspicions, that he was perhaps being set-up as a patsy became reality. He made something that maybe his lawyer could fetch from the dead letter office to use should the need arise, or maybe to use as a waning to the real conspirators, a warning that he had incriminating evidence tucked away.

We don’t know, but what we have is poor photograph of an enigmatic package containing a label that’s just dripping with clues and begging to be decoded. And I believe I have, most of it anyway. Oswald is saying on the label that he is ONI, and he’s naming names. The four people he points to on the label would make the top ten list of many if not most researchers.

The label decodes:

Most certainly, Eladio Del Valle, Eddie Bayo, Fat Larry Howard, and William “Tex” Seymour.

Take a look at my last post if you get a chance.

Tom

Tom,

It would be interesting to know if any unused/blank labels like the one on this package were found among his effects after he was murdered.

--Tommy :)

Hi Tommy,

About a year and a half ago on the “Decision to Assassinate” thread, we did a pretty extensive search for documents and testimony concerning this package, and all I can say is we didn’t find any references to address labels. Back on post #10 on this thread is a bibliography of sorts that I put together on this topic. In there are all the police and FBI inventories we found.

Here’s a photo of the basement of the TSBD, and I’d guess it was stocked with various kinds of address labels. Almost dead center in the photo, and on the far side of the room, is what I believe is a package-stitching machine, and on the top shelf of the work-station are what I believe to be package envelopes like the Oswald package.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth49750/m1/1/

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Thanks Bernice. Almost two years ago, you introduced me to this topic with your post on the Decision to Assassinate thread and I haven’t been able to let it go.

I would appreciate some feedback on my post #24 on this thread, the one where I’m claiming the address on the package decodes to: “US Assassins; Eladio, Ed Bayo, Fat L.H., Tex” (US Assassins; Eladio Del Valle, Eddie Bayo, ‘Fat’ Larry Howard, and "Tex" ). I believe some of you have an interest in this area, and I need some peer review.

If you’re willing create a coded message that looks like one, looks like gibberish, your task is strait forward and simpler, perhaps, than trying to imbed a coded message in discourse like an address. I’ve tried it and it seem very difficult to me. It also seems to me that there are signs of the authors struggle to cram his message into the address: The large lower case “n” attached to the “W” in West, the letter “o” inside the “O” in Oswald, the lined-through first “a” in Nassaus, the extra and apparently inappropriate “s” at the end of Nassaus, the apparent semicolon next to the “6”, and the apparent “i” in the middle of the second “a” in Dallas, and more.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

My inclination is to believe that Lee Oswald made the “undeliverable package” at the book depository. He crafted the bogus address to cover himself in case his suspicions, that he was perhaps being set-up as a patsy became reality. He made something that maybe his lawyer could fetch from the dead letter office to use should the need arise, or maybe to use as a waning to the real conspirators, a warning that he had incriminating evidence tucked away.

We don’t know, but what we have is poor photograph of an enigmatic package containing a label that’s just dripping with clues and begging to be decoded. And I believe I have, most of it anyway. Oswald is saying on the label that he is ONI, and he’s naming names. The four people he points to on the label would make the top ten list of many if not most researchers.

The label decodes:

Most certainly, Eladio Del Valle, Eddie Bayo, Fat Larry Howard, and William “Tex” Seymour.

Tom

Tom,

Fascinating analysis on your part.

If LHO intended for it to be picked up by his lawyer, then it depends on whether it was in the eventuality that LHO was still alive (but incarcerated) or whether LHO had aready been killed. Regardless, I wonder who that lawyer was. Dean Andrews?

Edited by Thomas Graves

The label decodes:

Tom

Tom,

If LHO intended for it to be picked up by his lawyer, then it depends on whether it was in the eventuality that LHO was still alive (but incarcerated) or whether LHO had aready been killed. Regardless, I wonder who that lawyer was. Dean Andrews?

If true, that proves very much Judyth V.Bakers point, that Oswald was out there to prevent the assassination, that he was part of an abort team (like Thosch Plumlee), and was forced to infiltrate at last one assassination team.

KK

My inclination is to believe that Lee Oswald made the undeliverable package at the book depository. He crafted the bogus address to cover himself in case his suspicions, that he was perhaps being set-up as a patsy became reality. He made something that maybe his lawyer could fetch from the dead letter office to use should the need arise, or maybe to use as a waning to the real conspirators, a warning that he had incriminating evidence tucked away.

We dont know, but what we have is poor photograph of an enigmatic package containing a label thats just dripping with clues and begging to be decoded. And I believe I have, most of it anyway. Oswald is saying on the label that he is ONI, and hes naming names. The four people he points to on the label would make the top ten list of many if not most researchers.

The label decodes:

US Assassins; Eladio, Ed Bayo, Fat L.H., Tex

Most certainly, Eladio Del Valle, Eddie Bayo, Fat Larry Howard, and William Tex Seymour.

Tom

Tom,

If true, that proves very much Judyth V. Bakers point, that Oswald was out there to prevent the assassination, that he was part of an abort team (like Tosh Plumlee), and was forced to infiltrate at least one assassination team.

KK

Karl,

If Baker is right, it would explain why Richard Case Nagell (who thought LHO was part of the assassination team) was unable to talk LHO out of proceeding with it.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Without going into decoding gymnastics, can anyone find the words, “Gabaldon", "Win Scott", and "Assassinates". on the label?

http://jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

I’m not trying to be mysterious, I’m still trying to catch up on my research and a full explanatory post is too far in the future. John and I “discovered” much of this over a year ago, but I’ve had trouble properly presenting it to you.

Use this basic decoder to transform the numbers, “601”. That’s all you need to change - do this first.

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)

(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

The letters to form the individual word and names (Gabaldon, Win Scott, and, Assassinates), will be in a grouping that would each fit inside a simple geometric shape – all the letters of each word are in the same neighborhood. One single geometric hole in a piece of paper placed over the label would reveal the pertinent piece of information. Each word and name needs its own shape (that’s not really true - one well designed hole would reveal all three words, one word at a time). Oswald apparently did this sort of thing - there are examples of him having cut holes in printed material to apparently use as a key that would reveal - we don’t know what.

Questions: How many “Os” do you see in the letter “O” in “Oswald”? I see three. How many letters can you find hidden in the letter “W” in the word “West”, and what are those three letters? I see a "W", a large lower-case "n" on the left side, and a small "i" in the middle of the "W". (there's actually a fourth that I'll talk about soon) How many letters can you find in the second “a” in Dallas? I see three, the "a", with an "i" slightly to the right of center, and that forms a "c" on the left - "CIA". Somebody at the P.O. probably lined through “Dallas”, but the crossed “Ls” in “Dallas” may be original. Is the word “Nassaus” really spelled that way, or is the letter “u” really something else, masquerading as a “u”? I call it an "i" and an "e", not a "u".

Bernice, for a couple of days I've been looking for something I can't seem to find. I know I’ve seen pieces of paper with simple geometric shapes that were recovered and photographed, apparently meaningless scraps of paper found among Oswald’s belongings, either at the Paine’s house or his apartment. As I recall, there was no writing on the pages, just one or two strait-line drawings that looked like a waste of paper to me. Shapes along the lines of the Chevrolet logo, but different.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&q=chevrolet+logo&gbv=2&oq=chevrolet+logo&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=2971l9091l0l13398l14l14l0l3l3l0l80l834l11l11l0

This might be nothing, but if my suspicions pan out, he might have left a key someplace to reveal what he wanted to say.

Again, if my suspicions are correct, there’s probably more than three words there on the surface of the label.

“Gabaldon”, “Win Scott”, and “Assassinates” (or Assassinate, if you'd rather).

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Hi, Tom. This question may be peripheral. Could you decode 500 and 600 using your technique, please?

Used in the hunt for Che' in Bolivia:

500 was the Code for Che'

600 was the code for 'kill him immediately, so that a trial is impossible and then disappear his body'. Or something much shorter but in intent basically that.

edit typo s

edit add - I suppose then there were other #s in this apparent serious 100, 200, etc. ???

Edited by John Dolva