The Education Forum

Seth Kantor and Jack Ruby

7 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Finally, it’s hard to see how someone as flamboyant as Jack Ruby would not have been noticed by several people at Parkland.

My gosh...Parkland hospital was an absolute madhouse of activity as soon as the gravely wounded JFK arrived there. Beyond imagination.

Armed and super aggressive, cursing Secret Service agents, police, doctors and nurses and other hospital staff running to and fro, Kennedy aides, state politicians, priests, and the most famous of Americans at that time...Jackie Kennedy, LBJ, Connally plus hordes and hordes of press people from all over the country and even the world, hundreds of shocked citizens right outside...

Ruby arrived a little later...and of course the sleazy local Dallas strip joint owner wouldn't even be given a second look or recognized by 99+% of that horrified, traumatized, stunned, shocked, running to and fro crowd!

And you can bet Ruby wasn't going up to just anybody and saying ... "hi, I'm Jack Ruby!"

Ruby did happen to see one local journalist he knew (Seth Kantor) close to him and wanting to talk to someone he engaged Kantor.

So, imo, Ruby was a nobody in that crowd and therefore no one else of note reported seeing him. And Ruby didn't stick around long either. Maybe he was there no longer than 10, 15 or 20 minutes? 

Kantor didn't lie. He told the truth. If the Warren Commission accepted Kantor's Ruby engagement story to be true...it would have thrown Ruby's testimony regards his whereabouts that day out the window and opened up a potentially bomb shell conspiracy scenario.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

My gosh...Parkland hospital was an absolute madhouse of activity as soon as the gravely wounded JFK arrived there. Beyond imagination.

Armed and super aggressive, cursing Secret Service agents, police, doctors and nurses and other hospital staff running to and fro, Kennedy aides, state politicians, priests, and the most famous of Americans at that time...Jackie Kennedy, LBJ, Connally plus hordes and hordes of press people from all over the country and even the world, hundreds of shocked citizens right outside...

Ruby arrived a little later...and of course the sleazy local Dallas strip joint owner wouldn't even be given a second look or recognized by 99% of that horrified, traumatized, stunned, shocked, running to and fro crowd!

And you can bet Ruby wasn't going up to just anybody and saying ... "hi, I'm Jack Ruby!" Ruby did happen to see one local journalist he knew...Seth Kantor... close to him and wanting to talk to someone he engaged Kantor.

So, imo, Ruby was a nobody in that crowd and therefore no one else of note reported seeing him. And Ruby didn't stick around long either. Maybe he was there no longer than 10, 15 or 20 minutes? 

Kantor didn't lie. He told the truth. If the Warren Commission accepted Kantor's Ruby engagement story to be true...it would have thrown Ruby's testimony regards his whereabouts that day out the window and opened up a potentially bomb shell conspiracy scenario.

JB--

Good points. But on the other side of the coin, I think there are no good photographs of Ruby at Parkland Hospital that day.

Curious point: If Ruby had been up to something nefarious at Parkland, he likely would have avoided meeting Kantor.

In fact, Ruby appeared to want to have been seen and noticed by Kantor.

Ruby was establishing an alibi?

Beats me.

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

JB--

Good points. But on the other side of the coin, I think there are no good photographs of Ruby at Parkland Hospital that day.

There aren't ANY good photographs of the crowd inside the hospital that afternoon. The photograph taking press was aggressively kept out of there. They were kept outside and eventually herded to another location and building to hear the Press Secretary speak.

There "were" many photographs taken of the crowd outside the ER area. Even video. The entire nation was shown these in the following days.

There were none of Kantor while he was at Parkland yet we know beyond doubt he was there...and for a decent amount of time. Lots of photos and video taken of JFK's body arriving at Love Field. Good video of the doctors who treated John Connelly and giving their assessment of his wounds and status.

My guess is Ruby found a parking space outside the main area and had to walk a ways to get near the press crowd and Kantor just before Kantor and his fellow press people were herded into the Press Secretary briefing.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 minute ago, Joe Bauer said:

There aren't ANY good photographs of the crowd inside the hospital that afternoon. The photograph taking press was aggressively kept out of there. They were eventually herded to another location and building to hear Press Secretary speak.

There were many photographs taken of the crowd outside the ER area. Even video.

There were none of Kantor while he was at Parkland yet we know beyond doubt he was there...and for a decent amount of time. Lots of photos and video taken of JFK's body arriving at Love Field. Good video of the doctors who treated John Connelly and giving their assessment of his wounds and status.

My guess is Ruby found a parking space outside the main area and had to walk a ways to get near the press crowd and Kantor just before Kantor and his fellow press people were herded into the Press Secretary briefing.

Why did Ruby want to be seen at Parkland Hospital?

Or, was he just a looky-loo?

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Why did Ruby want to be seen at Parkland Hospital?

Or, was he just a looky-loo?

Ruby went to Parkland but for reasons we do not know. Could have been simple morbid curiosity. Could have been something more nefarious?

I don't think he went to be seen. 

Whatever, Ruby still couldn't contain himself when he found himself standing next to Seth Kantor, whom he knew from the Dallas Morning News staff and who wrote a few articles about Ruby's sleazy strip joint a few years earlier.

What is suspicious in my mind is how Jack Ruby didn't even go to the motorcade route and instead hung around the Dallas Morning News advertising office the entire morning ( longer than he ever did before according to one of his past advertising helpers ) and hung around all the way up until reports started coming in that JFK had been shot between 12:PM and 1:PM.

It was reported over and over how Jack Ruby adored the beautiful and classy Jackie Kennedy and admired JFK. To the degree he claimed his shooting Oswald was for her. So, he ignores the entire motorcade and the chance to see Jackie in the flesh?

It simply didn't make sense then and still doesn't now.

Ruby must have realized that his visit to Parkland screwed up his WC testimony about what exactly he did right after JFK was shot. Ruby lied "a lot" about "a lot" in his WC testimony. And they didn't push to know more about his gun running, his high stakes card game gambling operation and role of bag man, setting up some of his girls with big shots, and other higher level crimes.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Ruby went to Parkland but for reasons we do not know. Could have been simple morbid curiosity. Could have been something more nefarious?

I don't think he went to be seen. 

Whatever, Ruby still couldn't contain himself when he found himself standing next to Seth Kantor, whom he knew from the Dallas Morning News staff and who ran a few articles about Ruby's sleazy strip joint a few years earlier.

What is suspicious in my mind is how Jack Ruby didn't even go to the motorcade route and instead hung around the Dallas Morning News advertising office the entire morning ( longer than he ever did before according to one of his past advertising helpers ) and hung around all the way up until reports started coming in that JFK had been shot between 12:PM and 1:PM.

It was reported over and over how Jack Ruby adored the beautiful and classy Jackie Kennedy and admired JFK. To the degree he claimed his shooting Oswald was for her. So, he ignores the entire motorcade and the chance to see Jackie in the flesh?

It simply didn't make sense then and still doesn't now.

Ruby must have realized that his visit to Parkland screwed up his WC testimony about what exactly he did right after JFK was shot. Ruby lied "a lot" about "a lot" in his WC testimony. And they didn't push to know more about his gun running, his high stakes card game gambling operation and role of bag man, setting up some of his girls with big shots, and other higher level crimes.

Yes, if we are to believe certain versions of the JFKA, neither Ruby or LHO, both with active interests in politics, and LHO an amateur photographer to boot, wanted to watch the motorcade. 

Explaining human behavior and what another man is truly thinking is...well, impossible.

I think we can venture that people who knew LHO and Ruby pre-JFKA would have expected them watch it.