The Education Forum

I Hope the Mods Look Away

Dear fellow members, I want to thank all of you who have been so kind to me and to wish you a great holiday season.

I am also selling books on eBay.com Idyllic Books. I did pretty good this week.

However, yesterday I was given an unexpected diagnosis. First, I have emphysema in both lungs. Haven't smoked since 1983. I have congestion on the left side, whatever that means. I was diagnosed as having pneumonia. Then a Nodule was present in my lung x-ray. I have fits of coughing where I can't get air into my throat; it just takes over. He's got me on medication, but so far I don't feel any better.

I had gone up to see my brother, who is on dialysis, in NJ. I began to feel weird when I hit Tampa airport, coming home. The whole week I've been sleeping on and off. The doctor is sending me for blood work having to do with my immune system.

But besides that I've had a great time!

So, Happy Holidays,

Kathy C

As Greg said, Kathy, Hang in there kid...Robert

Thank you Greg and Robert. And Greg, you were the only one who figured out that Oxnard call.

Kathy C

Thanks Kathy... that makes one supporter for the Oxnard call and one for Oswald with Asperger's...

I'm on fire! laugh.gif

Thanks for the Holiday Wishes, Kathleen.

Now, down to business.

If anyone remembers what a tough cookie you are, it's me, no? You betcha. Keep on keepin' on, my friend.

Hang in there, Kathy.

Now for some more bad news. I found out about a week ago at the emergency room that I'm going to have to have prostate surgery. Seriously. And I'm afraid it's malignant because I can smell it. (Kind of like the smell of a hyena's breath. Get the picture?) I'll find out more today at the UCSD Medical Center urology department. Of course all the doctors are on Christmas holiday until Jan. 3, so some technician will take a look at me and hopefully give me some good advice. I'm only 62 years old.

This is not a joke.

--Tommy :hotorwot

P.S. Gotta look on the bright side. Maybe this will motivate me to start wrapping up my "novel". :)

P.P.S. Sorry to be morose and morbid and all that, but right now I'm scared poop-less. Pardon my French.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Now, down to business.

If anyone remembers what a tough cookie you are, it's me, no? You betcha. Keep on keepin' on, my friend.

Hang in there, Kathy.

Now for some more bad news. I found out about a week ago at the emergency room that I'm going to have to have prostate surgery. Seriously. And I'm afraid it's malignant because I can smell it. (Kind of like the smell of a hyena's breath. Get the picture?) I'll find out more today at the UCSD Medical Center urology department. Of course all the doctors are on Christmas holiday until Jan. 3, so some technician will take a look at me and hopefully give me some good advice. I'm only 62 years old.

This is not a joke.

P.S. Gotta look on the bright side. Maybe this will motivate me to start wrapping up my "novel". :)

P.P.S. Excuse me for "sharing"this with you, but I don't have a whole hell of a lot of friends in "real" life. Some of you should know me pretty well by now, and I consider you "friends". Sorry to be morose and morbid and all that, but right now I'm scared poop-less. Pardon my French.

To

Kathy and Tommy

Just sharing it shows you are strong, you have my admiration and are in my thought for doing so .

All my very best wishes++++++

Ian

Now, down to business.

Hang in there, Kathy.

This is not a joke.

P.P.S. Sorry to be morose and morbid and all that, but right now I'm scared poop-less. Pardon my French.

To

Kathy and Tommy

Just sharing it shows you are strong, you have my admiration and are in my thought for doing so .

All my very best wishes++++++

Ian

Thanks, Ian.

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hey Tommy, maybe we should have that beer sooner than later? Maybe we can meet at the Hotel Del Charro. :rolleyes: or anywhere you like. Shoot me an email.

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately the Del Charro is a vacant lot now with a for sale sign on the fence. I hope to put a phoito of it on the forum...

Talk to you later,

--Tommy :)

P.S. Let's go somewhere where they take food stamps. I'll buy. :beer

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hey Tommy, maybe we should have that beer sooner than later? Maybe we can meet at the Hotel Del Charro. :rolleyes: or anywhere you like. Shoot me an email.

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately the Del Charro is a vacant lot now with a for sale sign on the fence. I hope to put a phoito of it on the forum...

Talk to you later,

--Tommy :)

P.S. Let's go somewhere where they take food stamps. I'll buy. :beer

Tommy meet kettle. Kettle meet Tommy.

ps using food stamps for the purchase of beer is an abomination and accounts for 15.87% of the deficit.