The Education Forum

Benavidas says killer had a squared of hair cut

I've had "discussions" on different forums about the Tippit witnesses and how only one mentioned saw the killing and she has an interesting time identifying him...

Benavidas has also been considered a good Tippit scene witness... just noticed this though....

Mr. BELIN - Okay, well, I thank you. I was flying from St. Louis to Des Moines, Iowa. at about this time. Is there anything else?

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

ther is no way to mistake the back of Oswald's head for a squared off cut....

Don't the military and police ALWAYS have squared off haircuts? :ph34r:

Edited by David Josephs

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbenavides.htm

(2) David Welsh, Ramparts (November, 1966)

Domingo Benevides, a dark, slim auto mechanic, was a witness to the murder of Officer Tippit who testified that he "really got a good view" of the slayer. He was not asked to see the police lineup in which Oswald appeared. Although he later said the killer resembled newspaper pictures of Oswald, he described the man differently: "I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off...it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look flat in back." Domingo reports that he has been repeatedly threatened by police, and advised not to talk about what he saw.

In mid-February 1964 his brother Eddy, who resembled him, was fatally shot in the back of the head in a beer joint on Second Avenue in Dallas. Police said it was a pistol shot, wrote up a cursory report and marked the case "unsolved."

Domingo's father-in-law, J.W. Jackson, was so unimpressed with the police investigation of Eddy's death that he launched a little inquiry of his own. Two weeks later Jackson was shot at in his home. The assailant secreted himself in the carport, fired once into the house, and when Jackson ran outside, fired one more time, just missing his head. As the gunman clambered into an automobile in a nearby driveway, Jackson saw a police car coming down the block. The officer made no attempt to follow the gunman's speeding car; instead, he stopped at Jackson's home and spent a long time inquiring what had happened. Later a police lieutenant advised Jackson, "You'd better lay off of this business. Don't go around asking question; that's our job." Jackson and Domingo are both convinced that Eddy's murder was a case of mistaken identity and that Domingo, the Tippit witness, was the intended victim.

I've had "discussions" on different forums about the Tippit witnesses and how only one mentioned saw the killing and she has an interesting time identifying him...

Benavidas has also been considered a good Tippit scene witness... just noticed this though....

Mr. BELIN - Okay, well, I thank you. I was flying from St. Louis to Des Moines, Iowa. at about this time. Is there anything else?

Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

ther is no way to mistake the back of Oswald's head for a squared off cut....

Don't the military and police ALWAYS have squared off haircuts? :ph34r:

Lee Harvey Oswald's head was shaped funny. The back of his head was practically straight. I don't think a hair cut caused it.

Kathy C

• 5 months later...

As opposed to these men who even from the side you can see the back is squared off...

And let's not forget the so-called "Tan Jacket Man" seen making a sneaky hand off in the Robert Hughes parking lot/railway yard film..

--Tommy smile.gif

P.S. Regarding Benavides, I wish Belin had asked him what kind of car had "broken down" in the middle of the street on Patton between Jefferson and 10th around 1 o'clock. Just wondering if it might have been a gray '50 or '51 Plymouth, for example...

http://www.aarclibra..._Vol6_0228b.htm

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves