The Education Forum

Harvey and Lee: John Armstrong

Steve Gaal Said:

instead of requesting the military file for Earl Eugene Perry (El Paso, TX), SA Leonard Lewis obtained the file for Earl Sheldon Perry from the Military Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.

They were checking several "Earl Perrys". Contrary to what Armstrong maintains one Earl Perry wasn't any more interesting than another. Landesberg refers to knowing "Perry" as far back as 1956 so it doesn't make sense that an "Earl Perry" who was on active duty would be any more likely to be the "right" Perry. It is just more another case of Armstrong trying to show a "coverup".

They were checking several "Earl Perrys"......another case of Armstrong trying to show a "coverup". . // Parnell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEY DIDNT NEED TO CHECK SEVERAL EARL PERRYS , gaal

The FBI avoided contacting Earl Eugene Perry from El Paso, who was mentioned as an acquaintance of Oswald and L'eandes (the actor) by James Rizzuto, and instead collected information on Earl Sheldon Perry, a former chaplain's assistant in the US Army. The FBI's coverup relating to L'eandes (the actor) and Oswald continued. (H & L site)

OR he did show cover up >>>>>>>> since they had info for (TEXAS) El Paso and cant FBI get Military reserve location data ?? OR just ask military for Earl Perry TEXAS files ?? NO ?? YES !!! gaal

Edited by Steven Gaal

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Gaal said:

The FBI avoided contacting Earl Eugene Perry from El Paso, who was mentioned as an acquaintance of Oswald and L'eandes (the actor) by James Rizzuto

You'll have to get me a citation on where "Rizzuto" (who was Landesberg btw) said that "Earl Eugene Perry" was an acquaintance of Oswald and "L'Eandes". All I see is that he said "Earl Perry".

Steve Gaal said:

The FBI avoided contacting Earl Eugene Perry from El Paso, who was mentioned as an acquaintance of Oswald and L'eandes (the actor) by James Rizzuto

You'll have to get me a citation on where "Rizzuto" (who was Landesberg btw) said that "Earl Eugene Perry" was an acquaintance of Oswald and "L'Eandes". All I see is that he said "Earl Perry".

Mr. Parnell the answer was already given in my post # 661 above. (see PDF in post # 661) // gaal

http://media.nara.gov/dc-metro/rg-272/605417-key-persons/oswald_lee_h_pre_russian_period_6_military_service_nov-dec_1963/oswald_lee_h_pre_russian_period_6_military_service_nov-dec_1963.pdf

PG 153 of above pdf talks about FBI getting info from NY and RIZZUTO and FBI MAN NICHOLS GETS name "Earl Eugene Perry".

Are not the FBI men supposed to think on their feet ??

=

Rizzuto mentioned TEXAS, NOW FBI MAN LEWIS JUST HAS TO LOOK UP TEXAS EARL PERRYS BUT FBI MAN LEWIS just looks up Wyoming EARL Perry (THEY DIDNT LOOK UP TEXAS PERRY and THIS SHOWS COVERUP)

gaal

Edited by Steven Gaal

Steve,

The document you mention doesn't say anything about Perry being from Texas. There are no citations in Armstrong's article so I don't know where he is getting his information from. There is a connection to Barstow CA since that is where Perry was stationed and Landesberg did mention that in one instance. My guess is that the FBI were pursuing any and all Perrys but did not complete their investigation since Landesberg recanted his allegations. I don't see the same sinister implications that Armstrong does here. I will look at this closer when I do my rebuttal article.

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

Steve,

The document you mention doesn't say anything about Perry being from Texas. There are no citations in Armstrong's article so I don't know where he is getting his information from. There is a connection to Barstow CA since that is where Perry was stationed and Landesberg did mention that in one instance. My guess is that the FBI were pursuing any and all Perrys but did not complete their investigation since Landesberg recanted his allegations. I don't see the same sinister implications that Armstrong does here. I will look at this closer when I do my rebuttal article.

Mr. Parnell you asked (in post # 663 above) a first question about the middle name,gaal // QUOTE PARNELL You'll have to get me a citation on where "Rizzuto" (who was Landesberg btw) said that "Earl Eugene Perry" was an acquaintance of Oswald and "L'Eandes". All I see is that he said "Earl Perry". // END PARNEL QUOTE

Mr. Parnell the answer was already given in my post # 661 above. (see PDF in post # 661) // gaal

http://media.nara.gov/dc-metro/rg-272/605417-key-persons/oswald_lee_h_pre_russian_period_6_military_service_nov-dec_1963/oswald_lee_h_pre_russian_period_6_military_service_nov-dec_1963.pdf

PG 153 of above pdf talks about FBI getting info from NY and RIZZUTO and FBI MAN NICHOLS GETS name "Earl Eugene Perry".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IN POST # 665 Mr. Parnell asked a second question which was for the TEXAS REFERENCE.

PARNELL QUOTE // in Armstrong's article so I don't know where he is getting his information from (RE TEXAS), gaal

===

THE TEXAS INFO IS FROM ARMSTRONG WHICH YOU YOURSELF Mr.PARNELL HAVE ALREADY SITED IN YOUR FIRST REBUTTAL ARTICLE ????. // gaal

FBI File Number DL 89-43, 1963, Baylor University Poage Library, John Armstrong Collection, http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-arm/id/42754.

The following day FBI agents interviewed James F. Rizzuto (Landesberg, the student) at their NY office. Rizzuto said that he met Steve L'eandes (the actor), Earl Perry, and Lee Oswald in the Marine Corps at Camp LeJeune and Barstow, CA in the summer of 1956 (Landesberg, the actor, was 19 years old in the summer of 1956 and perhaps in the military). Rizzuto said that he kept in touch with L'eandes (the actor), Oswald, and Perry, who lived in El Paso, TX. (Armstrong Landesberg article)

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Rizzuto mentioned TEXAS, NOW FBI MAN LEWIS JUST HAS TO LOOK UP TEXAS EARL PERRYS , BUT FBI MAN LEWIS just looks up Wyoming EARL Perry (THEY DIDNT LOOK UP TEXAS PERRY and THIS SHOWS COVERUP)

gaal

Edited by Steven Gaal

The Story of Two Steve Landesbergs

In the 1960s there were two young men living in and around Greenwich Village (in New York City) named “Steve Landesberg.” Although they were similar in age and appearance, there were distinct differences between them. One boy, Stephen Harris Landesberg (the student), was from Queens. He was quiet, introverted, kept to himself, a bookworm, and an honor student. He had black hair, a life-long speech impediment, stuttered profusely when excited, never wore glasses, and had no southern accent. The other boy, Stephen Richard Landesberg (a future actor), from the Bronx, was outgoing, likable and gregarious. He had reddish brown hair, occasionally wore rimless eyeglasses, enjoyed being around people, had no speech impediment, and acquired a Southern accent that he could use or not use at will. In late 1961 and early 1962 Stephen Richard Landesberg became entangled in activities involving the harassment of liberal and minority-oriented political groups that were active in and around the Village. During this time he befriended and became involved with American-born Lee Oswald, while at the same time Harvey Oswald and Marina were living in Russia. In the 1970s Stephen Richard Landesberg gained notoriety as an actor on the TV show, Barney Miller. The actor's relationship with Oswald motivated a number of JFK researchers, including author Carleton W. Sterling, Professor Stan Weeber (UNT, Denton, TX), attorney Carol Hewitt, author/researcher Joachim Joesten, and myself to investigate the two "Steve Landesbergs."

To read the remainder of John Armstrong's updated write-up, click here:

http://harveyandlee.net/Landesberg/Landesbergs.html

Well, Jim, thanks for sharing that link regarding the confusion of the Landesbergs and the Oswalds.

IMHO, there is nothing convincing in the tale that Lee Oswald was in New York City -- what I see here is a simple case of mistaken identity -- not based so much on appearance as on name-similarity.

We should probably try to tally how many people in the USA had the name, "Lee Oswald" in 1963. But the Big Lie of the "Lone Nut" theory should not spur us to take every account of mistaken identity seriously -- or as a CIA plot.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

The FBI clearly didn't share your sanguine attitude about the ubiquity of "Lee Harvey Oswalds" or "Lee H. Oswalds" floating around. As soon as the initial radio broadcast was made, the Bureau started a manhunt for the fellow who eventually turned out to be Steven Harris Landesberg, the student. And when Bureau agents heard what he had to say, they went into full Keystone Kops cover-up mode. Instead of locating and interviewing an important witness to Lee Oswald's activities in NYC while Harvey Oswald was in Russia, the FBI questioned Earl Sheldon Perry instead of Earl Eugene Perry. In their effort to locate the paymaster for Landesberg's and Oswald's agent provocateur activities in NYC, the FBI went to the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, instead of the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC, where the paymaster stayed. Even more importantly, the FBI substituted and made a patsy of a student named Stephen Harris Landesberg, instead of interviewing the real provocateur who had worked with Oswald, Stephen Richard Landesberg, who later became an actor on the Barney Miller television show. Also, of course, part of this all is the amazing disappearance of all U.S. District Court files and backup files related to the commitment of Landesberg the Patsy to Bellevue Psychiatric Hospital for the crime of “lying” to the FBI.

The earliest FBI reports of the Landesberg incident refer to "Lee Harvey Oswald" and "Lee H. Oswald," not merely "Lee Oswald." You can grab a copy of the reports at Baylor University's John Armstrong collection. A direct link to the early Landesberg filings is here:

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-arm/id/42754

Easiest way to read these docs is to click the download button near the upper right of the Baylor screen and then read the PDF file locally.

The FBI clearly wanted to shut down this episode rather than examine the reality that Lee Oswald was in Greenwich Village in late 1961 and early 1962. And so their agents showed pictures around the Village looking for Steve Landes rather than Lee Oswald. They were more interested in silencing Landes/Landesberg than in learning about Lee Harvey Oswald.

Edited by Jim Hargrove

Steve,

I understand Landesberg said Perry was from Texas. What I don't see is an FBI document that says Earl Eugene Perry is from Texas. It looks to me like the FBI conducted a good investigation until they aborted because Landesberg recanted. They looked at about 4 different Earl Perrys by my count. I will look at all of this more closely when preparing my rebuttal article. Thanks for your help.

There was only one Earl Eugene Perry. He was from El Paso, Texas, and stationed in Barstow, CA, just like Steve Landes told the FBI. The FBI decided it would be safer to interview a different Perry, and so they found an Earl Sheldon Perry, who was a chaplain's assistant in the United States Army, but there is no indication that they even bothered to interview him.

Steve,

I understand Landesberg said Perry was from Texas. What I don't see is an FBI document that says Earl Eugene Perry is from Texas. It looks to me like the FBI conducted a good investigation until they aborted because Landesberg recanted. They looked at about 4 different Earl Perrys by my count. I will look at all of this more closely when preparing my rebuttal article. Thanks for your help.

In April, 1962 LEE Harvey Oswald visited the Texas Employment Commission in Ft. Worth and filled out form E-40a, Aptitude Profile Test (APT) B-1002 and the Occupational Aptitude Pattern test (OAP). This document was printed on page 491 in volume 19 (WarrenVolumes). But when this document was filled out by LEE Harvey Oswald in Ft. Worth, HARVEY Oswald and his wife and daughter were living in Russia

=============

CANT WAIT TO READ IT, gaal

There was only one Earl Eugene Perry. He was from El Paso, Texas, and stationed in Barstow, CA, just like Steve Landes told the FBI. The FBI decided it would be safer to interview a different Perry, and so they found an Earl Sheldon Perry, who was a chaplain's assistant in the United States Army, but there is no indication that they even bothered to interview him.

Would you mind pointing me to a source of information that states Earl Eugene Perry was from El Paso TX or a statement from Landesberg that says Earl Eugene Perry was from Texas. I am not saying it doesn't exist, just that with Armstrong's track record I would prefer to see the document myself. BTW, it looks to me like Earl Sheldon Perry was from Texas so it doesn't seem strange to me at all that the FBI looked at him.

Steve,

In April, 1962 LEE Harvey Oswald visited the Texas Employment Commission in Ft. Worth and filled out form E-40a, Aptitude Profile Test (APT) B-1002 and the Occupational Aptitude Pattern test (OAP). This document was printed on page 491 in volume 19 (WarrenVolumes). But when this document was filled out by LEE Harvey Oswald in Ft. Worth, HARVEY Oswald and his wife and daughter were living in Russia

=============

Steve, I find your posts very hard to follow due to the big then small font, different colors. The one above is great. I hope you will continue to submit evidence that CANNOT be refuted in this fashion.

I will speak with John today while driving down to court about his lack of references in this document since that seems to be a point of contention here. I know he some updated information to add to this based on a call I received from him yesterday. I am not at liberty to address it til he gets the actual physical evidence, if said person will part with it. Of course none of it will stop the anti JA posts. He could have an FBI agent on video saying "Yes we knew there were two and it was a problem we had to cope with" and the troops would still yell fowl.

Dawn

Steve,

=============

The document is not on page 491 of Volume XIX of the Warren Commission Hearings and Exhibits. Where is it?

I wonder how well "Lee" scored on those tests?

What were his aptitudes?

What was his address at the time?

What kind of identification did he provide?

Did he have a driver's license?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Would you mind pointing me to a source of information that states Earl Eugene Perry was from El Paso TX or a statement from Landesberg that says Earl Eugene Perry was from Texas. I am not saying it doesn't exist, just that with Armstrong's track record I would prefer to see the document myself. BTW, it looks to me like Earl Sheldon Perry was from Texas so it doesn't seem strange to me at all that the FBI looked at him.

Oh for crying out loud! John has gathered together all these documents and put them online so they are available for anyone with an internet connection and a computer to search and download without charge. We've already provided you a link above to the direct file at Baylor containing the reference you seek. Can't you do some ACTUAL RESEARCH, even when 99% of it has already been done for you?

Here's a hint: From an FBI report from SAC NYC: "RIZZUTO stated that he saw LEANDEZ on 11/19/LAST at which time LEANDEZ stated that LEE OSWALD and EARL PERRY "were together again in Texas." RIZZUTO stated PERRY is from El Paso Texas...."

From John's write-up:

On Nov 25 SA J. Richard Nichols contacted Major Robert C. Whitebread of the USMC in an attempt to locate Earl Perry, who knew L'eandes (the actor) and Oswald. Nichols learned that the only Earl Perry on active duty was assigned to the Marine Supply Center in Barstow, CA., and was from El Paso, TX. But on Nov 26, instead of requesting the military file for Earl Eugene Perry (El Paso, TX), SA Leonard Lewis obtained the file for Earl Sheldon Perry from the Military Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Earl Sheldon Perry was from Casper, Wyoming, joined the US Army in 1954, and was discharged in 1956. The FBI avoided contacting Earl Eugene Perry from El Paso, who was mentioned as an acquaintance of Oswald and L'eandes (the actor) by James Rizzuto, and instead collected information on Earl Sheldon Perry, a former chaplain's assistant in the US Army. The FBI's coverup relating to L'eandes (the actor) and Oswald continued.

Edited by Jim Hargrove

It's actually printed twice as Cunningham exhibits. p399 & p397

While I'd like to think this helps illustrate there being an Oswald in Ft Worth in April 1962... Cunningham #2 suggest this is in June, (p401) yet this piece of the card has no name on it.

The only thing tying them together is the recording of all those #'s circled... and the words of Anna Lewis climing that Oswald was in New Orleans from Jan-Apr 1962 then left.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0209a.htm

TEC%20SATB%20test%20taken%20in%20April%2