The Education Forum

Harvey and Lee: John Armstrong

Steven Gaal, on 15 May 2015 - 8:51 PM, said:

Your citations are not direct rebuttal to the quote I supplied from RP's testimony. They are meaningless for that reason.// PARKER

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like sworn statements from DMV people that there was a LHO drivers license (not made out of any possible self-interest) . vs SPOOKY RUTH PAINE

TO EACH HIS OWN

What on earth are talking about?

This has NOTHING TO DO with whether he had a license or not. It is about her saying that Lee was under the wrong impression that he needed a car to take the test. There is NO direct rebuttal to that. Either you have some serious comprehension issues, or you deliberately clouding the issues.//PARKER

=============================================================

If he has a drivers license ,then no need to take a test........GAAL

Moronic.

They said it was all stained brown and dirty like it had sat in someone's wallet for a while.

That sounds a lot like his application to me...

So.... the people at the driver's license facility couldn't tell the difference between a driver's license and an application???

Are you serious?

(Shout out to Albert D.)

No. I'm saying by 1967, the legend of what they saw that day "grew" as legends do.

Like all good office party stories do...

Edited by Greg Parker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moronic.

They said it was all stained brown and dirty like it had sat in someone's wallet for a while.

That sounds a lot like his application to me... PARKER

=================================================

So.... the people at the driver's license facility couldn't tell the difference between a driver's license and an application???

Are you serious?

(Shout out to Albert D.) // Hargrove

==================================================

No. I'm saying by 1967, the legend of what they saw that day "grew" as legends do.

Like all good office party stories do... // PARKER

==================================================

SWORN DEPOSITIONS IN THE MATTER OF THE DEATH OF THE PRESIDENT <A SUPER SERIOUS MATTER. / GAAL

My understanding is that tonsils grow back, a little, if they are not completely removed. If they are completely removed, they don't grow back. Where's the ENT physician?

Your understanding has been firmly established on this thread with multiple cites.

I wasn't going to go into the anecdodal evidence, but as Bernie said (and showed), there are lots of examples on the web, demonstrating that it may be more prevelant than any of us have been crediting.

Here are further examples

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/One-tonsil-grew-back/show/411545

http://mentalfloss.com/article/63287/can-your-tonsils-grow-back

THis one deserves to be copied here:

I am a medical marvel, it seems, because I had my 4th set of tonstils, at age 45.

Stop laughing, please. It's true.

My first were taken out when I was 5. They regrew and were taken out the 2nd time at age 9. At age 16, it took a month to clear up the worst case of tonsilitus the ear nose and throat doc had seen. They were once again removed, with him assuring my mother that he had taken out half my throat and "I would never have to worry about that again." And I can attest to the half the throat being taken out that time, because it took 6 weeks to heal.

Around age 42 or so, I started having more sore throats. Finally, several years later, the suckers swelled up to the size of your pinky on both sides, and my family care physician said, guess what, you've got tonsilitus!

I said, and I quote, "Oh no I don't!!!! I don't have any tonsils!"

"Oh yes you do, and let me show them to you!"

I nearly fell out.

Yes indeedy, I have a brand new set of tonsils. Unbelieveable.

I'm now 52, female, and am in the midst of my 2nd truly bad about of tonsilitus. So I went to the Web this morning to find out if there are any others like me out there.

So far, I seem to hold the record.

Parents: beware. They CAN grow back. I am living proofl

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medical-conditions-diseases/do-tonsils-grow-back-121401.html

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Can_tonsils_grow_back__t149061.html

http://www.healthcaremagic.com/search/do-tonsils-grow-back-years-after-they-remove

There are many more, But I hope this is sufficient. The claim that there is anything mysterious or unusual about Oswald's tonsils growing back needs to be removed from the evidence list for "Harvey" and Lee. End of story.

And I hope Don especially, takes note.

Edited by Greg Parker

There are many more, But I hope this is sufficient. The calim that there is anything mysterious or unusual about Oswald's tonsils growing back needs to be removed from the evidence list for for "Harvey" and Lee. End of story.

And I hope Don especially, takes note.

I think you know it won't be sufficient. True Believers ignore counterclaims. They will *never* admit there's any logical explanation to the Larvey nonsense.

The True Believers do seem to be a lost cause. But that is simply because they have too much of their own reputation invested in it to ever admit they got it wrong. The real goal here is to shut them up - at least for a little while - and that has certainly happened. The DeepFoo site Harvey and Lee thread has gone deathly quiet and those here dare not try and address the fraud issue, despite Don's pleas for someone to give it a good ol' college try. As long as he isn't the one putting his own tail on the line!

The other aim of course, is to show the rest of the sane "community", just what this theory really is: it's snake oil, smoke and mirrors. The theory, over time, willl be pushed further and further to the outer limits... way out... with the Fetzers and the Cinques and all the other tin foil hat crazies.

Edited by Greg Parker

It seems to me that one can make a case -- however loose -- that there were two different people: Harvey Oswald and Lee Oswald.

This case would of course be based on the many "sightings" of Lee Harvey Oswald reported after the JFK murder.

Since these "sightings" were reported from many people and many places (as cases of mistaken identity always are), then, if one chooses to take them all seriously -- then one can begin to forge a case for "Harvey and Lee."

Naturally, too, the theme of "Harvey and Lee" would be super-sensational. It would attract a book publisher who wanted to make lots of money.

A writer who wanted that money -- and who spent many years, like many of us, reading JFK CT theories -- would be motivated to write 1,000 pages and add multi-media to push this theory to the American reading public.

The continual lies about Lee Harvey Oswald, presented by the US Government itself -- with different lies emerging from different branches of our government -- provides a rich fertilizer for such a fictional account of the JFK murder.

For example, in the book "Harvey and Lee" by John Armstrong, there is a full chapter on Mexico City that reveals three contradictory yet "official" accounts of Oswald, namely:

(I) Mexican Immigration records along with Oswald's application for a Visa to Cuba, complete with his photograph, declare that Oswald arrived in Mexico as a passenger in a car, and that he truly did visit the Cuban Consulate there.

(II) FBI records that say Oswald entered and exited Mexico City as a "Lone Nut" by bus.

(III) CIA records say that Oswald was Impersonated in Mexico City at the Cuban consulate via a wire-tapped telephone call to the USSR Embassy.

Based on these three completely official and governmental accounts, John Armstrong could legitimately invent a double-Oswald in Mexico City, simply by accepting all of the "official" accounts as Truth.

In my opinion, John Armstrong is really mocking the state of JFK murder literature, deliberately. In other words, if the US government can stand pat with all these contradictory accounts of Lee Harvey Oswald, then the US culture deserves to be scrambled with a fiction like "Harvey and Lee."

IMHO, John Armstrong himself doesn't believe his own elaborate Conspiracy Theory -- but is mocking everybody.

His chapter on Mexico City is rich with irony. Many alternative explanations for the Mexico City data were self-evident at every turn, but Armstrong never considered them even for a moment -- while pretending to be purely objective.

Instead, Armstrong molded all the data to continually forge his portrait of a double-Oswald. This was deliberate, IMHO.

Just as people feared 50 years ago, the "Lone Shooter" mythology of Lee Harvey Oswald in the JFK murder, appears to have backfired on the US Government, and caused countless people to lose faith in the honesty and reliability of our Government. It is a tragedy of national proportions.

For this reason, I am hopeful -- perhaps too optimistic -- that the fulfillment of the JFK Records Act of 1992, which has set the Final Date of Governmental Secrecy in the JFK murder at 26 October 2017, will finally settle all these questions once and for all.

JFK "Research" has devolved into a hellish pseudo-science which ultimately amounts to an anti-US body of literature. John Armstrong might have written the epitome of the genre. It is difficult to imagine that anything else so scrambled will appear in the 2.5 years remaining until 26 October 2017.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

One of the things that first convinced me that the man killed by Jack Ruby was not a native-born American was the well-known evidence for how well he spoke Russian. Just a few quick highlights:

In December 1963 Vladimir Petrov, head of the Slavic Language Department at Yale, read a copy of Oswald's 1962 letter from Russia to John Tower. After reading it, Petrov wrote to Senator Tower. Petrov said, "I am satisfied that letter was not written by him [Oswald]. It was written by a Russian with an imperfect knowledge of English."

Just two months after Oswald was discharged from the Marines, doctors at the Moscow hospital reported: "The patient apparently un­derstands the questions asked in Russian. Sometimes he answers correctly, but immedi­ately states that he does not understand what he was asked. "[7 WC Exhibit 985, Volume 18, p. 470]

Then, of course, come all those observations about how fluent Oswald was in Russian when he returned stateside:

Mr. JENNER. Did you speak in Russian or English?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In English at first, and then he switched to Russian.

Mr. JENNER. What was your impression of his command of Russian?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, he spoke fluent Russian, but with a foreign accent, and made mistakes, grammatical mistakes, but had remarkable fluency in Russian.

Mr. JENNER. It was remarkable?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Remarkable--for a fellow of his background and education, it is remarkable how fast he learned it. But he loved the language. He loved to speak it. He preferred to speak Russian than English any time. He always would switch from English to Russian.

There are many other recollections, but my favorite is this, from Natalie Ray, a guest at Katya Ford's 1962 Christmas party:

Natalie Ray was asked by Commission attorney Wesley Liebeler, "Did he (Oswald) speak to you in Russian?" Mrs. Ray replied, "Yes; just perfect; re­ally surprised me... it's just too good speaking Russian for be such a short time, you know... I said, 'How come you speak so good Russian? I been here so long and still don't speak very well English."'

Jim, you're willfully ignoring the truth of his life.

He lived 24 years.

Three of those years - a major percentage of his life - was spent in Russia.

Daily speaking the Russian language.

The grocery store. The post office. The train station. Stores. Work. Interacting on a personal level.

Three years.

This is getting ridiculous, Jim. It's almost like you never stepped outside of your house into the real world.

Exactly Mark. And let's not overlook the small fact of him being married to a Russian as well.

Sounds exactly like a man quite knowledgeable of the language but lacking the confidence and experience in using it. Unlike George DM's account of his abilities three years later, where clearly he had improved considerably.

I was exactly the same when I lived and worked in Spain for two years. Prior to going I studied intensely and was dismayed when I got there to realise how much of it I didn't fully understand. It took a few weeks to find my rhythm, and to find my confidence. I kind of understood the questions asked of me but already was too concerned in correctly formulating the answers. I knew it, I just couldn't recall and translate it all quick enough.The above scenario reminds me very much of those first few weeks.

Again, a much simpler explanation.

Sounds good Bernie...

Which kind of brings us back tot he differences in recollections between one man who was a big man, a fighter, a sourtherner who never spoke Russian or discussed politics...

and the other whose partial record appears here... Terrible understanding yet somehow can read and write with some proficiency... just enough to get him recommended as an Aircraft Mechanic...

Would you post the information that proves he took the time to learn to read/write the language while in the Marines or before, yet had poor proficiency... doesn't usually work the other way around where you can understand and speak a language and then one learns the grammar and syntax rules?

Why do you suppose the Marines would give this man a Russian proficiency test and

do you give any credence to Gorsky's claim that Lee Oswald left the Marines in March 1959, not Sept... only a few weeks after the test

Oswald%20and%20the%20Russian%20language%

The Straus family and a link to your posting of Dr Lee's work which you happen to agree with... as well as links to Amazon

IOW... please buy the book... :up

Volume 2 will be out later this year.

With baited breath. Since, when asked how any of it relates to the JFK assassination, you're answer:

"I understand that the lifestyle those into the old punk rock scene were exposed to took a toll on some, so I'll cut you some slack."

"The possibility of Gabriel Turbay (another liberal Colombian politician) having been killed by a CIA doctor may have relevance to some of the tangential murders in the JFK story."

and when it comes right down to it you'd rather play H&L games and get people to buy the book

"The Youth House/Straus family connections do come into play at various times, including the weekend of Nov 22 - but as I have already said, I'm not prepared to go into details here."

So only if you buy the book do you get the "details"...

You and JVB have so much in common...

Sounds good Bernie...

Which kind of brings us back tot he differences in recollections between one man who was a big man, a fighter, a sourtherner who never spoke Russian or discussed politics...

and the other whose partial record appears here... Terrible understanding yet somehow can read and write with some proficiency... just enough to get him recommended as an Aircraft Mechanic...

Would you post the information that proves he took the time to learn to read/write the language while in the Marines or before, yet had poor proficiency... doesn't usually work the other way around where you can understand and speak a language and then one learns the grammar and syntax rules?

Why do you suppose the Marines would give this man a Russian proficiency test and

do you give any credence to Gorsky's claim that Lee Oswald left the Marines in March 1959, not Sept... only a few weeks after the test

Oswald%20and%20the%20Russian%20language%

"...and the other whose partial record appears here... Terrible understanding yet somehow can read and write with some proficiency... just enough to get him recommended as an Aircraft Mechanic..."

"Would you post the information that proves he took the time to learn to read/write the language while in the Marines or before, yet had poor proficiency... doesn't usually work the other way around where you can understand and speak a language and then one learns the grammar and syntax rules?..."

I understand that Spanish is far easier to learn than Russian and I can only speak from personal experience here. As I said above, initially I read copious amounts of self-help Spanish language books and within a year was quite knowledgeable about its rules and its grammar and could read and write it a lot better than I could speak it, or understand it being spoken. That took hard real-life experience with real Spanish people in real Spanish situations. All that knowledge yet at first they couldn't understand a word I was saying, nor me them.

I have no proof of where he learned to speak Russian. I just know it is entirely consistent to be very rusty when first speaking a new language but, if you have STUDIED it you will definitely be more competent with the grammar at first. Ok David, if for some reason you found yourself living in Mexico for a couple of years you would almost certainly pick up the language organically and not necessarily need to know about the grammar. But if you STUDY a language you can't get past level 2 without first learning its rules. Right?

Edited by Bernie Laverick

The Straus family and a link to your posting of Dr Lee's work which you happen to agree with... as well as links to Amazon

IOW... please buy the book... :up

Volume 2 will be out later this year.

With baited breath. Since, when asked how any of it relates to the JFK assassination, you're answer:

"I understand that the lifestyle those into the old punk rock scene were exposed to took a toll on some, so I'll cut you some slack."

"The possibility of Gabriel Turbay (another liberal Colombian politician) having been killed by a CIA doctor may have relevance to some of the tangential murders in the JFK story."

and when it comes right down to it you'd rather play H&L games and get people to buy the book

"The Youth House/Straus family connections do come into play at various times, including the weekend of Nov 22 - but as I have already said, I'm not prepared to go into details here."

So only if you buy the book do you get the "details"...

You and JVB have so much in common...

And where can I find all the pre-publication postings of Armstrong's material again?

Or any other author's for that matter...