The Education Forum

The Boston Bombing and Dealey Plaza

There's one striking parallel between the Boston bombing and the shooting of JFK.

What helped make the two brothers in Boston immediate suspects was the fact that they just stood and watched as everyone else ran or tried to help victims right after the explosions.

Does that remind you of two guys in Dealey Plaza who calmly sat down on the curb and watched all the chaos around them?

There's just one big difference. There was nothing suspicious at all about the Dark-Complected Man and the Umbrella Man, and there was no effort to find out who they were. Yet the brothers' behavior in Boston seemed odd. My, how times change.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What helped make the two brothers in Boston immediate suspects was the fact that they just stood and watched as everyone else ran or tried to help victims right after the explosions.

That's not true. They were carrying backpacks similar to one that apparently held a bomb; video shows the younger one placing a black backpack right next to the 8-year-old who died; and both men walked away without their backpacks.

The fact that they looked relatively calm as they walked away was not a major identifying factor.

Vastly different eras and situations...but a couple of things: the FBI had information on the older brother from 2 years ago. That info apparently provided by...Russia. And the MIT policeman killed, execution-style, later, on the other side of town...brings to mind J.D. Tippit.

Too much conspiracy thinking from JFK study colors my view of all events like this. I have to watch it, really.

And here's a Radio Free Europe article -- wait a minute, Radio Free Europe of cold war days? -- yeah, still around. Does this article mention that an "organized crime boss" lived next door to a certain family and they were friends? I believe it does.

http://www.rferl.org...n/24963691.html

So, let's see: who started Radio Free Europe? Maybe this article can help: http://en.wikipedia....r_a_Free_Europe

Like I said, don't get me started...lol...

Edited by John Navin

That's not true.

Okay, I'm a xxxx. Or rather the reporter on CNN or FoxNews (whichever I was watching at the time) was lying when he said one of the investigators told him that one of the things that made the two brothers suspicious was that they just stood and watched while there was chaos around them.

Thanks, Bernice. At some time afterwards I saw this image, which seemed consistent with the report. However, this image turned out to be from before, not after, the explosions.

boston.jpg

Whether the report was wrong or not, I admit to being foolish for believing anything I hear on CNN or FoxNews. I would sooner believe Alex Jones about anything.

There are the usual troubling questions here. The "evidence" against these brothers consists of them walking around the area carrying backpacks. There were lots of people with backpacks there, including a number of obvious Navy Seals (they were wearing their patented logo). But since the American people have shown conclusively that they absolutely love martial law, I don't expect that the surviving brother has any chance at justice.

How many amendments to the Bill of Rights were broken during the "lockdown" around Boston? And with all that law enforcement and military presence-they looked like an occupying army-they still couldn't track down one 19 year old kid. If the citizen hadn't been smoking a cigarette and alerted the authorities, he'd probably still be at large. And yet the same voters who loved having their homes searched and movements restricted are unanimous in calling these guys "heroes."

There are the usual troubling questions here. The "evidence" against these brothers consists of them walking around the area carrying backpacks. There were lots of people with backpacks there, including a number of obvious Navy Seals (they were wearing their patented logo). But since the American people have shown conclusively that they absolutely love martial law, I don't expect that the surviving brother has any chance at justice.

How many amendments to the Bill of Rights were broken during the "lockdown" around Boston? And with all that law enforcement and military presence-they looked like an occupying army-they still couldn't track down one 19 year old kid. If the citizen hadn't been smoking a cigarette and alerted the authorities, he'd probably still be at large. And yet the same voters who loved having their homes searched and movements restricted are unanimous in calling these guys "heroes."

The evidence against them also consists of them holding up a 7-11, carjacking some guy and telling him they were the bombers, throwing bombs at and shooting at police, and leaving backpacks just like the ones the bombs were left in at the precise locations they were left just before the explosions then walking calmly away. I guess Don who has no LE experience (neither do I) thinks find a single person intent on hiding is easy.

And SEAL logo "theory" is positively stupid, yeah some black ops guys are going to carry out a false flag bombing at one of the most photographed events in the world but will wear their insignias! The so called "SEAL" logo is actually the "Punisher" widely available around the world, heck the night before last I saw a skinny 16 year-old (or so) Brazilian girl skateboarding with a "Punisher" logo on her helmet, perhaps she is a SEAL!

</body>

I keep hearing about the video showing one of the suspects placing the backpack bomb. I've never seen it among the numerous videos broadcast nor online. Has anyone else here?

WASHINGTON (AP) - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says surveillance video from the Boston Marathon attack shows the suspect putting his backpack down and moving away in time to avoid being injured by the blast of the bomb inside it.

Speaking Sunday on NBC, Patrick says the video clearly puts 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) at the scene of the attack. Tsarnaev is in serious condition at a Boston hospital after his capture Friday.

Patrick says the video is "pretty clear about his involvement and pretty chilling, frankly."

First, Don, you're understating the nature of the evidence. It was not simply a case of walking around with backpacks; it was a matter of being caught on video planting the backpack bomb.

He evaded capture because he hid just outside where police set up a perimeter.

I've been working with TV news the last few days, and I can tell you that the atmosphere in Watertown was unanimous: He started it with this horrible act. We want him found at any price and brought to justice.

As for the searches, by the way, we videotaped one and I spoke with several residents about them: The searchers didn't open cabinets and look in drawers etc. They were only looking for places where a person could hide.

Interesting article from The Washington Post:

Excerpt:

The work was painstaking and mind-numbing: One agent watched the same segment of video 400 times. The goal was to construct a timeline of images, following possible suspects as they moved along the sidewalks, building a narrative out of a random jumble of pictures from thousands of different phones and cameras.

It took a couple of days, but analysts began to focus on two men in baseball caps who had brought heavy black bags into the crowd near the marathon’s finish line but left without those bags. The decisive moment came on Wednesday afternoon, when Massachusetts Gov. Deval L. Patrick (D) got a call from state police: The investigation had narrowed in on the man who would soon be known as Suspect No. 2, the man whom police captured Friday night bleeding and disoriented on a 22-foot boat in a Watertown driveway.

Patrick said the images of Suspect No. 2 reacting to the first explosion provided “highly incriminating” evidence, “a lot more than the public knows.”

http://www.washingto...tional-security