The Education Forum

Joseph McBride, Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit (2013)

I suppose Oswald was telling the whole truth about his "curtain rod" package too, eh Ray?

As best I recall, David, the claim that Lee spoke about "curtain rods" remains implausible,

and remains uncorroborated hearsay.

Lee Oswald had at least two good reasons to visit Irving. Their names were Rachel and June Lee.

All of which I am sure is covered in great detail in Joseph McBride's new book.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But since we all know that Oswald positively murdered Officer Tippit (that's not even a debatable point after evaluating all the evidence), we can therefore know that Oswald's cockiness was most certainly not born out of innocence. He killed Tippit and he started playing around with the cops almost immediately--even on the way to City Hall in the police car.

A bit circular don't you think David?

No. Because we know that Oswald killed Tippit.

We would never know it from your hero Bugliosi's book.

Bugliosi dodges the Tippit murder, and refers his readers instead to the out-of-print, vanity published

With Malice by Dale Myers.

RECLAIMING HISTORY "A BOOK FOR THE AGES"?

I don't think so, David, and neither does the ghost of J. D. Tippit.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

A bit circular don't you think David?

No. Because we know that Oswald killed Tippit.

So, based on the evidence, I'm starting with a proven fact and going from there.

OK so part of the evidence which proves LHO killed JDT is that “Oswald practically confessed to J.D. Tippit's murder”, and the evidence the former's ambiguous words were a virtual confession “most certainly not born out of innocence” is that “ we all know that Oswald positively murdered Officer Tippit”. That's not even a circular, it's more like paddle-ball.

Could "youse guys" who want to discuss the validity of the WC report start another thread...so that those of us who want to learn more about Joseph McBride's book can do so on THIS thread?

Thanks.

Here, here. Let's do a little self-policing, guys. When a thread is on Oswald, or Oswald's guilt, etc, please, by all means, mention any and every reason you believe we should trust or distrust the evidence.

But when a thread is on a specific book, and the writer of that book is participating in the thread, let's try to confine the discussion to that book, and what is discussed in that book. Let's NOT make post after post explaining why we don't believe what's in the book, and, by extension, why reading the book would be a waste of time. That's both silly, and rude.

We can do better.

Now, I have a question for Joseph. As I understand it, you were the discoverer of the still intriguing Hoover memo citing a "George Bush of the CIA" as an expert on the anti-Castro Cuban community. Were you ever able to get an off-the-record assurance it was THE George Bush?

Were you ever threatened as a result of this story? Do you think this story negatively impacted your career?

Edited by Pat Speer

Bugliosi dodges the Tippit murder.

He does no such thing.

I do, however, wish Vince would have included a separate chapter on the Tippit killing. But he certainly does not "dodge" the Tippit murder.

OK so part of the evidence which proves LHO killed JDT is that “Oswald practically confessed to J.D. Tippit's murder”, and the evidence the former's ambiguous words were a virtual confession “most certainly not born out of innocence” is that “ we all know that Oswald positively murdered Officer Tippit”. That's not even a circular, it's more like paddle-ball.

You know better than that, Len. I come to the undeniable conclusion of Oswald killing Tippit mainly due to the BEST evidence that tells us he killed Tippit. I'm not relying heavily on the remarks Oswald made to C.T. Walker in the police car.

Why on Earth do I even need to explain this (particularly to an LNer such as Len C.)? Isn't it obvious?

Edited by David Von Pein

I do, however, wish Vince would have included a separate chapter on the Tippit killing.

But he was afraid to.

Lack of space is a weak excuse, considering that much of his book is irrelevant

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

But he was afraid to.

And just would Vince (or anyone!) be "afraid" of an open-and-shut case like the Tippit case?

You must be joking Ray.

You said it yourself, David me lad.

Bugliosi's Big Fat Book (BBFB)

does not have a chapter

on the Tippit murder.

What a joke!

Oh good! More restrictions!

I'm walking on eggshells already. And still the shells are cracking, despite treading lightly.

Start a thread and tread!

Could "youse guys" who want to discuss the validity of the WC report start another thread...so that those of us who want to learn more about Joseph McBride's book can do so on THIS thread?

Thanks.

Here, here. Let's do a little self-policing, guys. When a thread is on Oswald, or Oswald's guilt, etc, please, by all means, mention any and every reason you believe we should trust or distrust the evidence.

But when a thread is on a specific book, and the writer of that book is participating in the thread, let's try to confine the discussion to that book, and what is discussed in that book. Let's NOT make post after post explaining why we don't believe what's in the book, and, by extension, why reading the book would be a waste of time. That's both silly, and rude.

We can do better.

Now, I have a question for Joseph. As I understand it, you were the discoverer of the still intriguing Hoover memo citing a "George Bush of the CIA" as an expert on the anti-Castro Cuban community. Were you ever able to get an off-the-record assurance it was THE George Bush?

Were you ever threatened as a result of this story? Do you think this story negatively impacted your career?

Pat I agree that the posts on this thread should be relevant to McBride's book, but what option do member's who see OT posts here they disagree with have?

As a moderator I think you can split the OT posts to a new thread.

Nothing in the memo indicated "George Bush of the CIA" was "an expert on the anti-Castro Cuban community".

You know better than that, Len. I come to the undeniable conclusion of Oswald killing Tippit mainly due to the BEST evidence that tells us he killed Tippit. I'm not relying heavily on the remarks Oswald made to C.T. Walker in the police car.

Why on Earth do I even need to explain this (particularly to an LNer such as Len C.)? Isn't it obvious?

Well from starter's I'm not an LNT, while I think he MAY have been one of the shooters, I don't believe LHO could have done all the shooting in the requisite time with the MC.

Perhaps its not the cornerstone of your case but you cited LHO's supposed 'practicle confession' as reason to believe he killed Tippit, then used the prism of his presumed guilt to justify your classification of his ambiguous words. Classic paddle-ball logic.