The Education Forum

Joseph McBride, Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit (2013)

Guest Robert Morrow

Here is my Amazon review of McBride's book. Just my two cents and nothing more:

If we have an FBI, CIA, DPD & Secret Svc then why in the WORLD do obsessives like Joe McBride investigate the JFK assassination?

So why did Joseph McBride, like thousands of other average Americans, spend decades on his own investigating the JFK assassination? Good God, I thought we had the Dallas police, the FBI and the Allen Dulles-controlled Warren Commission for that. Not to mention CIA assets at the NYT, Washington Post, CBS, ABC, NBC and scores of other CIA assets in the MSM, and the wire services to do that. With those fine people in charge, why is it necessary for obsessives to figure out what Big Brother has already solved for us?

One reason for McBride's personal odyssey, the reason "average folks" with above average tenacity took it upon themselves to investigate who murdered JFK is because back in 1963-64 the murderers of John Kennedy were the ones running the non-investigation into his death. Asking Lyndon Johnson, J. Edgar Hoover and Allen Dulles to investigate the death of a Kennedy is like asking John Gotti to investigate a mob hit. In fact, I think it is very reasonable to conclude that LBJ, Hoover and Dulles were all involved in the JFK assassination, not just the cover up. There is more indicting Lyndon Johnson in particular than any other perp in the JFK assassination.

McBride is known as the man who found Hoovers memo of 11/29/63 stating that the FBI had briefed on the day after the JFK assassination, 11/23/63, a Mr. George Bush of the CIA about the status of the anti-Castro Cuban radicals reaction to the JFK assassination.

That memo is important because it pretty much proves GHW Bush was in the CIA in 1963 ... but we already knew that. And he had close ties to anti-Castro Cuban radicals, later commuting the sentence of anti-Castro Cuban terrorist Orlando Bosch. McBride found that declassified memo in 1985.

In my opinion, GHW Bush, today in 2013, is the face of the murderers of John Kennedy. Says he can't remember where he was when the JFK murder happened. Based on that alone ... book'em Danno! Hawaii-Five-O style!

McBride's book focuses on his decades of original research into the JFK coup d'etat, explores the GHW Bush angle and he examines the Tippit murder which is the Rosetta Stone of ... the posthumous frame up of a conveniently dead Oswald - a "dead Red" and not a "taking head" in the words of John Judge.

There is one name missing from the index of this book and that name is "Madeleine Brown." No wonder McBride can't really figure out what happened, try as he does. Because once one figures out that Madeleine Brown is in fact quite credible, then one knows Lyndon Johnson was in this crime up to his bloody eyeballs.

Another name missing in the index is Gen. Edward Lansdale, identified by two of his peers Col. Fletcher Prouty and Gen. Victor Krulak as present at TSBD at about 2PM (when the photo of the 3 tramps was taken). The identification of Gen. Edward Lansdale has helped researchers identify from whence the shots came from, which has long been controversial.

The shots came from the Pentagon.

McBride does include one of the truly epic breakthroughs in the case- the Antonio Veciana identification of the CIA's David Atlee Phillips meeting with Lee Harvey Oswald in early September 1963, or perhaps late August 1963 in Dallas, TX. That pretty much means the CIA was running Oswald.

And the shots came from Langley, too.

Not that Oswald shot anyone, but that the CIA let him be framed or the fall guy.Roger Stone has a book coming out identifying Jack Ruby as a "Lyndon Johnson" man from the 1940's. LBJ was one of a handful of the earliest congressional overseers of the CIA and the point man for the military-industrial complex of the 1950's.

I didn't see the KGB's fingering of LBJ as a perp in this book either. That came out in a Hoover memo from the ARRB in the 1996.

Let's give credit and much thanks to Joseph McBride for that labor of love and all those decades of research/investigation on the JFK assassination. Him and thousands of other average Americans.

But let's not kid ourselves. The JFK assassination was solved a long, long time ago. The only thing missing is the psychological will of the American people, especially the elites, to accept it was a full blown down and dirty "Seven Days in May" coup d'etat.

LBJ Did It. And he had a lot of help from military intelligence, the CIA and Dallas, TX oil executives, all with immaculate CIA/military connections.

Case closed.

Edited by Robert Morrow

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the KGB's fingering of LBJ as a perp in this book either. That came out in a Hoover memo from the ARRB in the 1996.

Robert: Can you tell us more about this Hoover memo. I don't remember hearing about this before.

Robert: Can you tell us more about this Hoover memo. I don't remember hearing about this before.

Start a new thread, Ray. This thread was created to discuss Joseph McBride's book and research.

Robert, please start a new thread, or resuscitate an old thread, in order to discuss this memo which has nothing to do with McBride's book.

it seems like one of the biggest attributes of McBride's book is the revival of interest in the murder of J.D. Tippit, and I'd like to learn more about that angle.

I'd like to know if Joe uncovered any connection between Tippit and the late R.D. Matthews - another guy with two initials for a first name. I heard from Dallas sources that before Tippit got married he roomed with Matthews.

Guest Robert Morrow

it seems like one of the biggest attributes of McBride's book is the revival of interest in the murder of J.D. Tippit, and I'd like to learn more about that angle.

I'd like to know if Joe uncovered any connection between Tippit and the late R.D. Matthews - another guy with two initials for a first name. I heard from Dallas sources that before Tippit got married he roomed with Matthews.

I heard from Dallas sources that R.D. Matthews went to Woodrow Wilson High School at the exact time as Malcolm Wallace, LBJ's personal hit man. They both would be age 92 this year.

I just filmed a wide-ranging interview for the upcoming feature film DALLAS IN WONDERLAND, which is scheduled to come out around the time of the fiftieth anniversary of the Kennedy assassination this November. DALLAS IN WONDERLAND is about a documentary filmmaker who is hired by a TV network to make a film about the assassination and gets embroiled in some PARALLAX VIEWish/THREE DAYS OF THE CONDORish danger in the best tradition of those bold 1970s thrillers that drew from our nightmarish reality.

I am one of the historians and other experts on the assassination who are in the DALLAS IN WONDERLAND documentary film-within-the-film, which will also be released in its complete form as a DVD extra. The filmmakers really know their subject matter -- including director/co-writer Ryan Page and documentary cowriters and coproducers Joseph Green and James Page. They've assembled a solid list of interviewees and want the film to be right up to date in terms of research discoveries about the case, including those in my new book INTO THE NIGHTMARE: MY SEARCH FOR THE KILLERS OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY AND OFFICER J. D. TIPPIT. Among the other interviewees already are Jim DiEugenio, Dick Russell, and Dr. David Mantik.

My episode on the murder of Officer J. D. Tippit is now running
on 50 REASONS FOR 50 YEARS, the YouTube
series hosted by Len Osanic, with video by Jeff Carter:

I also will be on Len's Black Op Radio show (blackopradio.com)
tonight, August 15, for the last of
my four-part series of interviews on my
book INTO THE NIGHTMARE: MY SEARCH
FOR THE KILLERS OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY
AND OFFICER J. D. TIPPIT.

Joe:

I appreciate your work. I too have a strong interest in Tippit's muder - an under-researched topic - and belive it to be truly a Rosetta Stone (although not in David Belin's context). Coincidentally, I started my own study of Tippit several months ago, so your book is timely. Like you,I have a life-long interest in the assassination, but have kept it low key as its difficult to discuss the subject rationally without emotional and strong reactions. Its also not an easy story to unravel, in part because of the nature of those involved and their expert obsfucation of the evidence. I have performed complex investigations in fields other than crime, and its almost too obvious how flawed the JFK evidentiary landscape is. I look forward to reading the book, and (at the risk of not having read it) would like to pose some initial questions here:

1. why do you think the plotters chose Tippit?
  2. What kind of person was he... any truth to the "dirty cop" allegation
  3. Was his murder diversionary (intentional) or an accident?
  4. Were Tippit and Ruby acquainted and in cahoots?

Gene

Thanks for the response, Joe:

I look forward to the read. No sense in providing "spoilers'. I have a 40+- page paper I've prepared (mainly a compilation of other's work) which I'd like to provide to you at some point. I have no interest in a book, nor am I an independent reseracher. But i've developed a healthy interest in the Tippit story, for it holds the keys to unravelling the plot. And it has all of the hallmarks of intelligence; distractions, doubles, disinformation, and the use of poilce before, during and after (just like RFK's murder). Tight control of the plot, crime scene, evidence and witnesses. When I read that Roscoe White joined the force just beforehand, and that Capt. Westbrook later worked in Saigon, it became an "a-ha" moment.

Gene

Gene, I am glad you are digging into this area as well.

We all need to keep our research going indefinitely.

More and more will be learned that way, despite the passage of time. The scholarship

on the assassination and related issues must never end.

intothenightmare.com

My website for my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE: MY SEARCH FOR THE
KILLERS OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY AND OFFICER J. D. TIPPIT
has now been expanded and updated with much new coverage
over the last few weeks, including a video I did on Officer Tippit for Len Osanic's 50 REASONS FOR 50 YEARS series,
numerous radio interviews, print interviews and reviews, and news about

my appearances in conjunction with the book. It's
hard to keep up with all this highly gratifying response, and I've also heard
from many readers who identify with my journey as a young
person in the 1960s gradually learning, over time, how our
country really works, as I've investigated these events for decades.

Edited by Joseph McBride

Guest Robert Morrow

I was reading in your book how as a young man, in college, you were so defensive of Lyndon Johnson and were outraged how anyone could possibly imply or state that LBJ was involved in the JFK assassination.

Lyndon Johnson was a sick freak of epic proportions who was waging a sub rosa war with the Kennedys for 3 years. By November, 1963, the Kennedys were about to permanently eliminate this disruptive force in the Kennedy Administration as well as completely personally destroy LBJ, who by the way, had a long history of murdering political threats: Sam Smithwick Texas prison murder 1952, Henry Marshall (June 1961) and a slew of other people with knowledge of the Billie Sol Estes/LBJ scandal (1962 - all while LBJ was VP).

What much of the JFK research community has failed to appreciate are the close and longstanding ties of Lyndon Johnson and his Dallas, TX oil baron supporters with anti-Kennedy radicals in US military and intelligence & that is the key to understanding the JFK assassination. Folks understand the close ties of Lyndon Johnson and J. Edgar Hoover, neighbors for 19 years; but they just can't appreciate the significance of Lyndon Johnson being the #1 advocate for the military-industrial-intelligence complex for the decade of the 1950's.

I think that even more important than understanding the JFK assassination is understanding the LBJ-inspired and Israel-carried out attack on the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967. There is absolutely no way Israel of that era, which such a good friend in the White House, was going to intentionally attack, sink and murder 294 Americans on the USS Liberty, EXCEPT under the express orders of the head of the American state, Lyndon Johnson.

And the only way to understand the attack on the USS Liberty is to understand that Lyndon Johnson was a lunatic - a mentally unbalanced amoral psychopath/lunatic who is properly referred to in the same breath as Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin.

Thanks to LBJ, nuclear tensions were screaming high on the day of June 8, 1967 - it was pretty much the Cuban Missile Crisis all over again. LBJ at the peak of the Cuban Missile Crisis - the final weekend, was one of those ill-advisors who was urging JFK to "do something" i.e. have a war.

The book Operation Cyanaide - a must read: http://www.amazon.com/Operation-Cyanide-Why-Bombing-Liberty-Nearly/dp/1904132197/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377187737&sr=8-1&keywords=operation+cyanide

Judy Morris on the attack on the USS Liberty - http://judymorrisreport.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-most-incredible-story-never-told.html

Edited by Robert Morrow