The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

Robert and Vanessa:

To the points you make, I guess a good question might be:

What could possibly cause a cameraman and two Secret Service agents to immediately focus in the general vicinity of the TSBD entrance at the onset of shooting?

Well, they may have heard some kind of a sound that appeared to come from behind them somewhere but they're not sure where - the natural reaction, IMO, is that you look round and scan the throng of people looking for someone (or something) that may have made the noise...? I'm not sure that my instinctive reaction would be turn round and look up at the sky or high up in a building when there's a throng or people right behind me.

I guess this is the situation we find ourselves in; we have the preconception that they should be looking upwards since that is where we have been told for the last 51 years that the sound they are reacting to is a gunshot from the 6th floor of the TSBD.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And have you got an answer for Bob and I, Randy? :)

Vanessa:

Not knowing the answers, I hesitate to give them.

Not knowing the answers has never stopped anyone else giving them.

Since you seem to be new to JFK forums, let me demonstrate how it's done, Randolph.

They are reacting to PM's flash - which may or may not have coincided with suspicious noises.

Thank you Greg. :)

But I have to say I don't think the SS Agents could have seen PM's flash from their vantage point. I think they must be reacting to the sound of shots.

I do think that Weigman was reacting to the flashing thing in PM's hands though or why else would he pan back?

Guest Mark Valenti

The idea that the light is a flash from the camera seems a stretch, given the fact that a flash is over in a...well, flash, and that light persists longer than that.

The idea that the light is a flash from the camera seems a stretch, given the fact that a flash is over in a...well, flash, and that light persists longer than that.

Maybe Prayer Man was part of a "pretend" assassination and was trying to light firecrackers for the "gunshot" audio effects, but couldn't get them lit.

--Tommy :sun

Guest Mark Valenti

Guys,

I was demonstrating the art of pulling xxxxe out of your backside to show Randolph how it's done in these forums...

Fine as long as you don't start telling us you knew Ozzie in New Orleans.

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have just hidden a post for inappropriate use of language.

Please be more circumspect.

This is a very important thread and you are all showing how well you are working together and collaborating on an issue that could be of real importance in JFK research.

Please bear in mind the use of language on a forum that is open to the public.

James

Guys,

I was demonstrating the art of pulling xxxxe out of your backside to show Randolph how it's done in these forums...

Fine as long as you don't start telling us you knew Ozzie in New Orleans.

But.... but... I have PROOF being manufactured scrutinized by experts RIGHT now as we speak!

Mark:

I agree. I think it's a light spot rather than a light source. And if flash bulb photography was being used, you should see the whole immediate vicinity lighten up with the flash. I don't see this effect looking at Wiegman.

Mark:

I agree. I think it's a light spot rather than a light source. And if flash bulb photography was being used, you should see the whole immediate vicinity lighten up with the flash. I don't see this effect looking at Wiegman.

I agree with Mark and Mr Sorensen on the issue of the flash. I don't think it's a camera flash. Whatever PM is holding is reflecting light. Is it a silver object?

Time to start thinking outside of the box. What could PM do that would attract the attention of two men with video cameras plus two SS agents on the starboard side of the Queen Mary? And yet, not seem to cause much of a fuss in the people standing on the steps.

Surely, the SS agents would have seen camera flashes during motorcades before, and would one flash actually capture their attention? Would PM have even needed a flash, if his camera was taking a photo of something that was out in the sunlight?

Time to start thinking outside of the box. What could PM do that would attract the attention of two men with video cameras plus two SS agents on the starboard side of the Queen Mary? And yet, not seem to cause much of a fuss in the people standing on the steps.

Surely, the SS agents would have seen camera flashes during motorcades before, and would one flash actually capture their attention? Would PM have even needed a flash, if his camera was taking a photo of something that was out in the sunlight?

Firecrackers

Firecrackers

Firecrackers

Hi Tommy :)

You must have nerves of steel - if a firecracker went off next to me I would definitely react.

Firecrackers

Firecrackers

Hi Tommy :)

You must have nerves of steel - if a firecracker went off next to me I would definitely react.

It was a dud?

I don't know.

Maybe his cheese sandwich was luminescing [sp?].

It's hard to tell what Lee Harvey Oswald was holding in his hands.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Maybe his irradiated apple was glowing, Tommy? :)

So it would have to be something that was not noisy enough to attract the attention of people near him but shiny enough for Weigman to see.

I can't get past a silver camera (or maybe a white one). Did they have white cameras back then?