The Education Forum

JOSIAH THOMPSON- AMAZING

This was primarily a predictable declaration that the film record couldn't have been corrupted.

Errol Morris discussing The Fog of War and his new film on Donald Rumsfeld with a Salon correspondent::

"The great subject of Morris’ filmmaking career is people’s 'unrestrained enthusiasm for bullxxxx,' as he said near the end of our conversation. He means that most of us, most of the time, are delighted to believe stories about ourselves or other people or the world that are powerful or convenient but do not happen to be true."

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/02/errol_morris_on_rumsfeld_the_truth_and_the_unknown_known/

Edited by David Andrews

He is a great speaker- witty and articulate. He is also very good at debunking that nonsense about film alteration.

As I recall, you have compiled one of the best lists around of the car-stop witnesses. How do you square those characterizing film-alteration as "nonsense"? (I was not aware that, having compiled the list that you did, you seem to not agree with the implication of the accounts of those witnesses). DSL

He is a great speaker- witty and articulate. He is also very good at debunking that nonsense about film alteration.

he did? When did that happen? Apparently Vince you're getting a bit close to that WCR supporting, lone nut kool-aid, AGAIN !

Edited by David G. Healy

No- never believed or was interested in the Z-film-is-altered stuff. Nothing has changed. I also do not believe Sandy Hook was a false flag or any of that silliness. I do believe there was a conspiracy in the death of JFK although, like Pat Speer and others, I faltered before.

DSL- thank you. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else, for that matter. Ok, maybe I better clarify my position (because it probably reveals I am a hypocrite on this specific issue LOL):

I am not a fan or interested in the Z-film-is-altered issue; just not my "cup of tea", so to speak. I DO indeed stand behind my article (mentioned in many books and websites) regarding the limousine slowing OR stopping (I personally think it was "just" a dramatic slowdown, not an actual STOP, per se). Get ready for a shock: I DO believe there IS a possibility the Z film WAS altered via frame removal, but I do not think it is a dramatic cartoon a la Fetzer/ the late Jack White/ Livingstone (I take a conservative, almost agnostic approach to the subject DUE TO my lack of interest in it, primarily. That said, Doug Horne came closest to making the case for alteration). I know, I know---no such thing as "a little pregnant": either you are or you are not. By my saying I believe there IS a possibility the film was altered does not make it so OR deepen my interest in the matter.

I am so focused on the Secret Service (and, to a lesser extent, the medical evidence), this specific issue is my LEAST favorite topic, perhaps because it polarizes people so much and alienates us to the "outer world" (people, friendly media, etc.). Imagine the eyes that roll when you tell a citizen who believes there was a conspiracy based on the head snap in the film (etc.), "But that film is a fake!!!!!" 'Nuff said.

Besides, there are ALREADY plenty of people interested and working on that avenue...you don't need me anyway:)

Vince

P.S. I also hate the "connections" people make to the Moon-landing-was-fake, UFOs, Sandy-Hook-was-fake, and 9/11 to the JFK case, as if your beliefs in THOSE "cases" is some sort of litmus test for your feelings on the JFK assassination...I just stick to the JFK case

Edited by Vince Palamara