The Education Forum

TSBD Employee "Sandra Styles" Butler

Miss ADAMS - A tree. and we heard a shot, and it was a pause, and then a second shot, and then a third shot.
It sounded like a firecracker or a cannon at a football game, it seemed as if it came from the right below rather than from the left above. Possibly because of the report. And after the third shot, following that, the third shot, I went to the back of the building down the back stairs, and encountered Bill Shelley and Bill Lovelady on the first floor on the way out to the Houston Street dock.

Mr. BELIN - When you say on the way out to the Houston Street dock, you mean now you were on the way out?
Miss ADAMS - While I was on the way out.
Mr. BELIN - Was anyone going along with you?
Miss ADAMS - Yes, sir; Sandra Styles

Mr. BALL - Now, the south side---
Mr. LOVELADY - Elm Street is that little dead-end street.
Mr. BALL - That's south.
Mr. LOVELADY - I drive my truck here (indicating) but we came in from this direction; that would have to be west.
Mr. BALL - You came into the building from the west side?
Mr. LOVELADY - Right.
Mr. BALL - Where did you go into the building?
Mr. LOVELADY - Through that, those raised-up doors.
Mr. BALL - Through the raised-up doors?
Mr. LOVELADY - Through that double door that we in the morning when we get there we raised. There's a fire door and they have two wooden doors between it.
Mr. BALL - You came in through the first floor?
Mr. LOVELADY - Right.

perhaps Lovelady is simply reffering to the part of the loading dock which faces west
we see the west facing entrance door, and to its right we see large lift up door.

So it is possible to enter from the rear, (north) while at the same time entering from the west.

Photo_wcd496_0008.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin, am I reading this incorrectly or is Miss Garner saying that she went upstairs along with Truly and the policeman? That would be something a bit new?

-- Larry

Larry, I think Miss Garner remained on the fourth floor by the steps and elevator while the other two ran down.

BK

I don't know Bill, its written to say that "she" (Miss Garner) saw the policeman and Truly run up the stairs. Does that mean she saw them run by her on the fourth floor

as she was standing there? Did she really just wait their by the stairs all the time it took for the women to go downstairs, for Truly and the policeman to come upstairs, stop

to encounter Oswald on the second floor, question him and then start up the stairs again. upstairs...did she see the other person Truly mentioned seeing.

It certainly raises a number of questions for me...did she speak to Truly? What about seeing

other people on the stairs if she was she stayed by the steps, there were no doors on the stairway, wonder who else ran by?

Seems like a very interesting witness who should have been asked a few more questions...or was she, just not familiar with her...... Larry

I don't know Bill, its written to say that "she" (Miss Garner) saw the policeman and Truly run up the stairs. Does that mean she saw them run by her on the fourth floor

as she was standing there? Did she really just wait their by the stairs all the time it took for the women to go downstairs, for Truly and the policeman to come upstairs, stop

to encounter Oswald on the second floor, question him and then start up the stairs again. upstairs...did she see the other person Truly mentioned seeing.

It certainly raises a number of questions for me...did she speak to Truly? What about seeing

other people on the stairs if she was she stayed by the steps, there were no doors on the stairway, wonder who else ran by?

Seems like a very interesting witness who should have been asked a few more questions...or was she, just not familiar with her...... Larry

I'm with you Larry. Is she still alive? Did she do a Sixth Floor Oral History?

So many questions, so little time,

BK

• 2 weeks later...

Barry Ernest, author of THE GIRL ON THE STAIRS

Quote:

Mrs. Garner actually followed Vicki and Sandra as they left the fourth-floor window after the shots. She told me in an exclusive interview in 2011 that she was close behind the two women as the pair went through the office, exited out the rear door of that office, and went directly from there to the back staircase. That is why she was in a position to observe Baker and Truly as quickly as she was.Based on her statements, no elevator was involved during the trip.

The Martha Joe Stroud document, in which office supervisor Dorothy Garner saw Officer Baker and Roy Truly emerge onto the fourth floor after Vicki and Sandra went down, certainly implies no delay on the part of Vicki and Sandra’s descent.

http://mysite.verizon.net/restu5kb/id24.html

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin, am I reading this incorrectly or is Miss Garner saying that she went upstairs along with Truly and the policeman? That would be something a bit new?

-- Larry

Larry, I think Miss Garner remained on the fourth floor by the steps and elevator while the other two ran down.

BK

Yes, Bill and Larry

it would appear that is correct.

Edited by Robin Unger

• 1 year later...

LOL oh that picture is hilarious!

"Excuse me, girls, in a bit of a hurry here. Just shot the Prez and the building will be crawling with cops shortly. Mind if I pass by?"

"Maybe if I tiptoe down the stairs they won't notice me. And if they do, I'll just say, "Wow! Did you hear all that shooting?"

"OMG! You scared me! Why are you tiptoeing, Oswald?"

"Uhhh... Because I don't want the bad guys to hear us?"

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 4 months later...

I'm with you Larry. Is she still alive? Did she do a Sixth Floor Oral History?

So many questions, so little time,

BK

William and Larry -

Dorothy Ann "Dot" Garner (nee Davis) - died the very end of 2012 (b. 8/30/28, Grandview, OK; d. 12/29/12, Rockwall, Tx).:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKW9-LL12

Here's her obit: http://www.dentonrc.com/obituaries-headlines/20130110-dorothy-ann-garner.ece

And here's her obit on Tributes.com with a nice photo of her take more recently. She was only 35 in 1963. (I looked for a more contemporaneous photo of her but unfortunately e-yearbooks.com does not have her college yearbooks.): http://www.tributes.com/show/Dorothy-Davis-Garner-94984188

Here's her findagrave memorial. I added her photo and a lengthy caption/bio under it about her significance & the "Stroud Document": http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=119126510

And Larry et al... Vickie and Sandra both DENIED to Barry Ernest that they saw or encountered Shelley & Lovelady by the back door! It was totally fabricated and inserted into Vickie's WC testimony by Belin (the slimebag) or one of his staff in order to make Oswald the 6th flr assassin.

As for Garner - she WAS deposed by Belin in Dallas but her deposition completely vanished or was never typed up at all. It has never been found. But Garner told Ernest that she WAS deposed by someone (she couldn't remember his name) from the W.C. at which time she corroborated Vickie & Sandra's accounts stating no one came up the stairs after Vickie & Sandra went down until she saw Truly & Baker come up. The the only remaining proof of this - The Stroud Document - was unearthed by Ernest by accident decades later at the National Archives. It's the smoking gun proving Belin's devious coverup which would have exonerated Oswald from being the alleged assassin.

Today, once i found her obit photo, I was looking through the TSBD photos to try to find her. I wonder if this could be Garner standing in the background of this photo with Sandra Styles? Does anyone know when this photo was taken or what the occassion was? Was it when Sandra left employment there, or put in certain number of years? I'm guessing its post-'63:

sandra_styles_butler-withOfficePartyPhot

Also....I found this lady crossing Elm who looks remarkably like her. She said she stayed on the 4th flr after the assassination until released to go home at around 2:30pm. Could this be her leaving? The shadows look like it is later in the afternoon. As Scott-Foresman Office Supervisor she would have been nicely dressed like this. This is cropped and enlarged from Murray 16 (on Unger's Murray gallery). I've always found this image moving since she has a handkerchief in her hand and seems so distressed:

WomanCrossingStreetWHandkerchief-IsThisG

Edited by Linda Giovanna Zambanini