The Education Forum

Transcript with links to documents of John Newman's AARC presentation

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transcript with documents and links to documents of John Newman’s presentation at AARC Conference

Posted Nov. 13, 2014

http://justiceforkennedy.blogspot.com/2014/11/transcript-with-documents-and-links-to.html?zx=1f29fd03d828c331

Excellent stuff, Douglas!

Here's the C-SPAN video of Newman's presentation. It includes something that's not in the transcript: a question and answer segment at the end, during which there's an interesting exchange regarding whether or not the plotters wanted to make it look like RFK had approved of the AMLASH plot against Castro.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?321703-3/kennedy-assassination-cia

Thanks,

--Tommy :sun

John Newman says that George Joannides' boss at JMWave was William M. Kent, aka "Douglas Gupton", aka "Robert K.Trouchard", aka "Oliver H. Corbuston", and that one of the many pseudonyms of David Atlee Phillips was "Andrew F. Merton".

Newman says that the CIA officers who plotted the assassination of JFK only pretended to try to kill Castro with the Rolando Cubela (AM/LASH) plot; they wanted Castro to continue living past 11/22/63 so that they could blame Castro for killing Kennedy.

EDIT: Newman says,

"After working for Phillips’ political and psychological branch of W/4 at headquarters, [William M.] Kent was sent to the JM/Wave station in Miami to be the chief of the JMWave psychological warfare branch.

Kent’s subordinate, George Joannides, became the case officer for the DRE. The DRE which, as you already heard, ran a dark propaganda op, right after the Kennedy assassination suggesting that Oswald’s murder of President Kennedy was part of a Castro plot."

Newman also says,

"William [M] Kent managed the CIA’s use, through his DRE operations, of Lee Harvey Oswald."

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

Anthony Tepedino, who Newman claims is the person known to is as Tony Sforza, born in 1900 Salerno. Quite a difference in age. Wish Newman was here to engage, since you seem quite sure, and I am not expert.

Paul, its my understanding from folks who were at Bethesda and talked with at least one member of the Sforza family that that James is correct and that Sforza was a true family name, throughout their and their parents lives. Since I have not spoken to them personally I will leave it at that. I don't know if Newman has spoken to them personally or not.

I think that Newman would respond by saying that the Sforza family is lying. I would hope that James has more to go on for his assertion than the word of the Sforza family.

Paul, actually its pretty easy, either the Sforza family routinely used that name in public documents, birth certificates, etc from the birth of their father through their own births - or they didn't. It should be a matter of public record. I also fail to understand why you think they would lie about such a public matter? Of course with a little work you can track them down and ask them yourself. They obviously are not covert if they attended the Bethesda conference and talked to individuals there....

Transcript with documents and links to documents of John Newman’s presentation at AARC Conference

Posted Nov. 13, 2014

http://justiceforkennedy.blogspot.com/2014/11/transcript-with-documents-and-links-to.html?zx=1f29fd03d828c331

Excellent stuff, Douglas!

Here's the C-SPAN video of Newman's presentation. It includes something that's not in the transcript: a question and answer segment at the end, during which there's an interesting exchange regarding whether or not the plotters wanted to make it look like RFK had approved of the AMLASH plot against Castro.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?321703-3/kennedy-assassination-cia

Thanks,

John Newman says that George Joannides' boss at JMWave was William M. Kent, aka "Douglas Gupton", aka "Robert K.Trouchard", aka "Oliver H. Corbuston", and that Kent reconstituted the exiled-to-Miami DR into the DRE. He also says that one of the many pseudonyms of David Atlee Phillips was "Andrew F. Merton".

Regarding Phillips, he says:

"Without the knowledge that Phillips was Merton, a critical part of Phillips role on the path to the darkest operation disappears.
It is the Merton history that takes us from Cubela in Cuba to Oswald in Mexico City."

Newman says that the CIA officers who plotted the assassination of JFK only pretended to try to kill Castro with the Rolando Cubela (AM/LASH) plot; they wanted Castro to continue living past 11/22/63 so that they could blame Castro for killing Kennedy.

Newman says,

"After working for Phillips’ political and psychological branch of W/4 at headquarters, [William M.] Kent was sent to the JM/Wave station in Miami to be the chief of the JMWave psychological warfare branch. Kent’s subordinate, George Joannides, became the case officer for the DRE. [...] William [M] Kent managed the CIA’s use, through his DRE operations, of Lee Harvey Oswald."

edited and bumped

Edited and bumped again. Note that I took the Sforza stuff out.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas - I can see you would rather this thread try to focus on substantive issues raised by Newman, yet somehow the Sforza claim became the focus. I agree with you.

According to info on another thread Joannides reported to Kent (Gupton) and Kent reported to Phillips. So who did Phillips report to? And is my first sentence correct?

During 1963, Phillips reported to the Chief of Station in Mexico City, where he had been assigned for some time and that fall was assigned to begin working for Des Fitzgerald, the head of the new SAS Cuban operations group. Phillips himself said that he also consulted with and served as an advisory on propaganda and psychological operations, and certainly would have at a lateral relationship to JMWAVE and one that would have gotten more direct in his new management position in SAS....one reason why his trip back to DC including a visit down to JMWAVE as well.

For a timeline reference, in 1963 Fitzgerald had just been appointed to head SAS, the Cuban operations group, and he recruited Phillips to serve underneath him. Fitzgerald appears to have been the driving force pushing the Cubela option - while constantly being advised that Cubela was likely a double agent or at minimum under tight surveillance by Castro. In 1966 Fitzgerald became Deputy Director for Plans for the CIA. It was several years later that Phillips moved into that slot, after serving in a number of positions across Latin America and having been appointed as head of Cuban Operations in 1968.

For a timeline reference, in 1963 Fitzgerald had just been appointed to head SAS, the Cuban operations group, and he recruited Phillips to serve underneath him. Fitzgerald appears to have been the driving force pushing the Cubela option - while constantly being advised that Cubela was likely a double agent or at minimum under tight surveillance by Castro. In 1966 Fitzgerald became Deputy Director for Plans for the CIA. It was several years later that Phillips moved into that slot, after serving in a number of positions across Latin America and having been appointed as head of Cuban Operations in 1968.

John Newman claims that the CIA people who plotted the assassination wanted the JFK/RFK-approved Cubela operation to go ahead but not be fulfilled so that Castro could survive and take the blame for JFK's murder. If so, that would implicate Fitzgerald or his boss, Helms, in the assassination IMHO.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKfitzgeraldD.htm

Edited by Thomas Graves