The Education Forum

Transcript with links to documents of John Newman's AARC presentation

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helms is near the top of my own list.

Former HSCA investigator Dan Hardway also presented at the 2014 AARC conference. He says that although George Joannides' supervisor at JMWave was William M. Kent, Joannides reported directly to Helms. Which doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if Kent knew Joannides was reporting directly to Helms.

http://aarclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/dan_hardway_aarc_9_26_14.pdf

In the fall of 1962, George Joannides was hand picked by Richard Helms to replace Ross
Crozier as the CIA’s DRE case officer in Miami after DRE’s public opposition to the government’s
policies during the October, 1962, missile crisis. Joannides reported directly to Helms. Joannides’s registered pseudonym was "Walter D. Newby". His supervisor was "Robert K. Trouchard" [William M. Kent].

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 3 weeks later...

So you know, John Newman came out to the West Coast in November for a mini-conference sponsored by Gary Aguilar. He said

that he has spoken with Sforza's daughter, re-checked his work, and now agrees that Sforza is the real name and there is

no familial relation between Sforza and Tepedino (although the men were close).

John's work is great, including his most recent research. It's very easy to make a mistake when doing this research, that's why it's important

to do presentations before one's colleagues before committing to print.

Bill - thanks for posting this. You and Newman have done such important in depth research on Oswald in MC. You seem to be in agreement that the Oswald impersonation is the key to identifying the plotters, but have so far drawn somewhat different conclusions.

Would you agree that this impersonation makes in unlikely that Oswald himself was part of the plot to assassinate JFK?

If so, what do you think Oswald was doing there, if he actually did go to MC?

Understanding what is real and what is not real in all the Oswald stories at that period of time is so difficult. Was he at the Odios? Was he part of a Castro assassination plot? Was he cooperating with some intelligence agency? There is too much information, yet not enough.

I would like to see a conference that focussed on Oswald in Mexico City, that included yourself, John Newman, Peter Dale Scott. I might be missing a few researchers.

Helms is near the top of my own list.

Former HSCA investigator Dan Hardway also presented at the 2014 AARC conference. He says that although George Joannides' supervisor at JMWave was William M. Kent, Joannides reported directly to Helms. Which doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if Kent knew Joannides was reporting directly to Helms.

http://aarclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/dan_hardway_aarc_9_26_14.pdf

In the fall of 1962, George Joannides was hand picked by Richard Helms to replace Ross
Crozier as the CIA’s DRE case officer in Miami after DRE’s public opposition to the government’s
policies during the October, 1962, missile crisis. Joannides reported directly to Helms. Joannides’s registered pseudonym was "Walter D. Newby". His supervisor was "Robert K. Trouchard" [William M. Kent].

bumped

PS Thanks for confirming Newman's little mistake about Sforza / Tepedino for us, Bill. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. He and you and Scott and Larry and Dan (and others) are to be thanked for opening our eyes on so many things via the arcane and sometimes hard-to-find documents.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Thomas Graves