The Education Forum

New Book!

on the subject of unique sexual habits in the US Military, I came across this interesting video of an interview with one Kay Griggs, wife of Marine Corps General George Griggs, an intel type - and apparent "Illuminati" (not into the illuminati theme too much, i just happened to take a peek at the video out of curiosity and found her talking about Oswald, New Orleans, homosexuality, etc.) - with some odd connections according to his wife (the decision's yours whether this woman is on point, nuts or hypnotized - there's a curious "10,9,8,7..." countdown with fingers before the interview starts, someone suggests hypno - anyway. some interesting comments she makes.

these are notes and quotes from the first 20 minutes of the interview. part 1 of 4 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ly0c0_Rnk

[in deference to those whose logic would take them from my having posted this text to that i'm firmly committed to this as gospel, i will emphasize: THIS IS JUST SOMETHING INTERESTING I'VE COME ACROSS THAT MENTIONED MILITARY GENERALS AND HOMOSEXUALITY. IT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REPRESENT MY OPINION. I HAVE SIMPLY POINTED IT OUT. ANY ATTEMPTS TO USE THESE WORDS IN THE FUTURE TO MISREPRESENT MY BELIEFS WILL, AS USUAL, FAIL. :) ]

interview w/ Kay Griggs, wife of Marine Colonel George Griggs [disappeared 28 Dec '95] [first wife murdered...?]
"JAG > Judge John Moore, et al > VMI > these judges are military men and they're 'not independant - they take orders'... Sarah McLendon saved my life > they, ha ha, 'they', Gens. Sheehan Krulak, Al Gray, Cook, esp. Jim Joy, Carl Steiner > evil men, met with husb. almost every day in Beirut, trained "men in black" - trained young boys from Haiti, romania, etc. - profile them similar to Oswald, McVeigh, Jeff Dahmler[sic]..." ME: then she says 'Dahmer' - one thing that makes me a bit untrusting ... HER:" - picked out because sex. perversion, therefore ... twisted - profiled w/ strong mom, weak father, poor, looking for security - my husb and LHO were two peas in a pod - exact same personality, same type - in the same ELITE group which was doing work with communist Russians, Czechs and Romanians --- i met assassins, drug lords, um, Fahim Qortabawi family dg lords in Bekaa valley"
"not christians, existentialists - study german klauswitz, neitzche, sartre, kamu, montesque? ..."
"his thesis in Richmond was on this, which was written for him by very good friend 'Todave?', a French Count"
"In the intelligence world, and the communist world, the world my husband was in... one had to know French because all of the terrorist groups and the guys who were funding this ... were in Paris - and New Orleans - still 4th Marines out of NO - terrorist training, Lake Pontchartrain, places like that..."
"you see, my husband and Oswald were in the same 'club'... Gen Jim Joy, Gen Louis Buehl[?] ... in fact, I've got the name of [reaching for something in purse]... there are Russians in that club..."
"what I wanna tell you about General Al Gray - my husband was the Chief of Staff for Gen Al Gray - who was the Commandant of the Marine Corps ... and I probably shouldn't say this on the tape, and you all can get rid of it, but - he's a homosexual ... what they call a 'cherry marine' ..."
here it sounded like she was going to go further with this train of thought, but it went to Nam, etc. [following]. I haven't watched any more of the vid, it's no longer interesting to me in my area of interest - yet... there might be more along the sexual entanglement angle...
"viet nam ... yadda yadda ... [sounds like:]MaxOg Program, Phoenix Program, O'Boyle, Whipple, ... remember Mengez, USS Pueblo? run by Mob, Military Joint Op in Korea and Nam - highest levels of the marine corps and army in nam, those levels the individuals are in the brooklyn NJ mob - my husband, Gray, Sheehan, Cap Weinberger >> Brooklyn"
[searching for name of Russian]
husband disappeared 28 Dec 95/6, "I was being handled psych., break-in March 4, 'seeking Griggs' diary'"
has his Beirut Diary "tells how the intel comm., the army and marine assassins, operate in city during a crisis - my husb was liaison betw WH and Pres Gamal [Abdel Nasser?], husb friend of [sounds like:]Scrokoff[?], McFarland's a Marine ... Colby i spoke with pers. on the phone... was murdered [?] 2 weeks later..."
Edited by Glenn Nall

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently the brother was named George also after (Daddy) George Pinckney Walker, so nephew may have been a Jr.

Bill

Well, Bill, one of his brothers was apparently named Frank. Here's a fragment of one of General Edwin (Ted) Walker's letters to his brother Frank on January 1st, 1960, when General Walker was in Augsburg only a few weeks.

http://www.pet880.com/images/19600101_Ted_to_Frank_01.JPG

In Walker's personal papers from the Augsburg period, he writes to Frank and to their mother most often.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Bernie I think Paul would have access to that info faster. I have info but it's packed away now. I believe he had a brother, which he mentions in letters. I think his nephew is named George Walker, who donated the Walker Papers to UT. His Obit says that the nephew is only survivor. Not sure he is still around but should be.

Bill

I just found something in my FBI files on Walker. His brother (George Pinckney Walker Jr.) was born 11-28-08 and he died in May 1988 . Walker's nephew was George P. Walker III (of Canyon Lake AZ), I wonder if anyone has ever interviewed Walker's nephew?

Evidently the brother was named George also after (Daddy) George Pinckney Walker, so nephew may have been a Jr.

Bill

Well, Bill, his brother was named Frank. Here's a fragment of one of General Edwin (Ted) Walker's letters to his brother Frank on January 1st, 1960, when General Walker was in Augsburg only a few weeks.

http://www.pet880.com/images/19600101_Ted_to_Frank_01.JPG

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Interesting -- because in the "relatives" section of Walker's January 1950 Personnel Security Questionnaire, he does NOT list any brother by the name of Frank. Just his brother George P. Walker Jr. and his parents. Also---when brother George died in 1988, there is no reference to any brother by the name of Frank.

Also just noticed that nephew George P. Walker III died in 2008.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

I just found something in my FBI files on Walker. His brother (George Pinckney Walker Jr.) was born 11-28-08 and he died in May 1988 . Walker's nephew was George P. Walker III (of Canyon Lake AZ), I wonder if anyone has ever interviewed Walker's nephew?

Well, Ernie, to the best of my knowledge, George Walker donated the personal papers of his uncle, the resigned General Edwin Walker, to UT Austin's Briscoe Center for the Study of American History, on the provision that nobody may attempt to contact him through that Center.

I asked the officials at the Briscoe Center for contact information, and they explicitly denied my request, evidently on the basis of their prior agreement.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Yep Paul, same thing happened to me. Jim Root had a better experience somehow in this regard, and got early access to the collection.The Nephew was very protective of Ted and family, or so I was told by the archivist whom I talked to.

I do recall now coming across letters to Frank also, this puzzles me...code name for George in sensitive matters perhaps? ?

Bill

Well, Ernie, to the best of my knowledge, George Walker donated the personal papers of his uncle, the resigned General Edwin Walker, to UT Austin's Briscoe Center for the Study of American History, on the provision that nobody may attempt to contact him through that Center.

I asked the officials at the Briscoe Center for contact information, and they explicitly denied my request, evidently on the basis of their prior agreement.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

FYI: I found the obituary notice published in the Kerrville TX newspaper regarding Walker's father who died in November 1954. There is no mention of any son named Frank.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

FYI: I found the obituary notice published in the Kerrville TX newspaper regarding Walker's father who died in November 1954. There is no mention of any son named Frank.

OK, then, it's probably as Bill opined -- "Frank" was possibly a nickname for George Walker, just as "Ted" was a nickname for Edwin Walker.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Also one more matter we can now clarify since Paul took exception to my message about this. This excerpt comes from the 8/30/61 Congressional Record:

After an Investigation by Gen. Bruce C. Clark, commander In chief of the American Army In Europe, General Walker was formally admonished by Secretary of the Army Elvis J. Stahr, Jr.
Replying to a letter from Senator Goldwater, who demanded an explanation, Stahr said:
"No substantial evidence was revealed that General Walker had referred to former President Harry S. Truman, Dean Acheson, and Eleanor Roosevelt as 'definitely pink,' as alleged by Overseas Weekly, but it was established that he had stated or inferred that these prominent persons are leftist influenced or affiliated. It was also established that General Walker had mentioned Edward R Murrow Walter Cronkite, and Eric Sevareld as being leftist or Communist-influenced commentators, and that he had stated that 60 percent of the American press and the radlo-televlsion Industry were Communist Influenced, not Communist controlled. The Investigation also revealed that General Walker’s strong anti-Communist feeling frequently led his talks to become heated and Intense, with the use of excessively strong language. He had previously been cautioned on at least three occasions to refrain from language of this nature."
The Army also reported that Walker's program had nothing to do with the John Birch Society.
With respect to "JBS doctrine" being taught to Walker's troops:
"One of Walker's biggest boosters In the division Is 1st Sgt Richard T Flynn of Passaic. N J.. who was the senior enlisted man on the general's special projects staff.
"We all need to boost our moral values and that's what Walker was trying to do." Flynn said. "He didn't push Birch stuff on his troops. He put the information on the barrelhead and let them choose "

"We tried to Interest the troops In the flag, in patriotism. In parades, even in bugle calls. These things belong to the Army. We wanted obedience based on understanding." Flynn said.

Flynn said he was responsible for ordering copies of American Opinion which contained the life of Birch, written by Robert W. Welch, founder of the John Birch Society. "That was the only so-called Birch material we put out In the dayrooms," he said. "I tried to get the book but was told lt was out of print. So I got American Opinion because the story was there,” he said. "The book by Welch also contains much of the author's thinking on how to protect the world from communism. Birch was the first casualty of the cold war. Everybody should know about him.” Flynn said.
Edited by Ernie Lazar

Interesting stuff. Although Walker claimed other reasons for his resignation, this is something to consider as an underlying factor. Although it's based on anonymous rumor and innuendo it is none the less something that Walker had to fear...being 'outed' Perhaps 'The Overseas Weekly ' had this info as well and kept it as a blackmail piece to force Walker into a no win situation.

One can only wonder why he would expose himself to running for Governor with these things lurking in the background. Those who were against the idea of him running for public office for several reasons, may have feared this exposure as well.

I went through the Archibald Roberts collection at The University of Oregon and saw no material even suggesting he was gay, though that doesn't surprise me as many of these collections were sanitized/purged of sensitive info by family or their attorneys et al. prior to donation.

Bill

Well, Bill, this opinion by Minuteman founder Robert DePugh is only an opinion, as far as I can tell. There are no such documents to substantiate his opinion, from everything I've seen.

On the other hand, I've read the enormous US Army report on Walker's "reprimand", and it makes no mention whatever of Walker's alleged homosexuality.

It seems to me that Walker was very, very careful in the US Army to protect his reputation, because any false move on his part could have resulted in a Court Martial for him.

Furthermore -- the argument by DePugh that Walker was "forced" to resign or face Court Martial is belied by the fact that this was the second resignation of General Walker. Most historians seem to ignore that fact.

General Walker's first resignation was in 1959 -- and he was ready to forfeit his US Army Pension at that time as well. He was already writing to his family about this pending decision. The issue was Communism and his personal honor -- how could he honorably serve under a Communist? Then, President Eisenhower threw Walker a curve ball, and gave him a command over 10,000 troops and their dependents in Augsburg, Germany.

There's clearly no connection between the resignation of 1959 and any "reprimand." On the contrary. The reason Walker submitted his resignation to the US Army in 1959 was most likely because he had become convinced by Robert Welch's book, The Politician, that President Eisenhower was a Communist.

But President Eisenhower didn't care what Walker thought about him. Also, Ike wanted to reward General Walker for doing such a great job enforcing the Brown Decision at Little Rock High School. So, Ike gave Walker the biggest command of his career.

Yet as we saw in Walker's letter to his brother, "Frank," the military staff in Augsburg didn't immediately like Walker; as he said, they "hate my guts," after he had been in Augsburg only a few weeks.

Anyway -- the likelihood that Walker had to hide his homosexuality in Augsburg is high because the Army newspaper, the Overseas Weekly (which was stridently heterosexual) would spy on Walker almost as soon as he arrived. Walker even sued them in Civil Court for their spying -- and won. But that didn't stop them.

The Overseas Weekly, not JFK, brought General Walker tumbling down.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

OK, then, it's probably as Bill opined -- "Frank" was possibly a nickname for George Walker, just as "Ted" was a nickname for Edwin Walker.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Perhaps...but "Ted" is a well-known alternative nickname for Edward (such as Ted Kennedy) or Theodore (such as Teddy Roosevelt) and sometimes for Edwin whereas there is no connection between someone named "George" and "Frank" -- and there does not seem to be any Walker relative whose name was Frank. Would be interesting to discover how "Frank" came about.

I not sure who Walker is referring to as "this outfit" perhaps it is the Military brass as you say but, might he be referring to 'Overseas Weekly", as he compares it to "American Week End" (Which I presume to be a paper as well?)

Just wondering if there is any further context to go from.?

Bill

Interesting stuff. Although Walker claimed other reasons for his resignation, this is something to consider as an underlying factor. Although it's based on anonymous rumor and innuendo it is none the less something that Walker had to fear...being 'outed' Perhaps 'The Overseas Weekly ' had this info as well and kept it as a blackmail piece to force Walker into a no win situation.

One can only wonder why he would expose himself to running for Governor with these things lurking in the background. Those who were against the idea of him running for public office for several reasons, may have feared this exposure as well.

I went through the Archibald Roberts collection at The University of Oregon and saw no material even suggesting he was gay, though that doesn't surprise me as many of these collections were sanitized/purged of sensitive info by family or their attorneys et al. prior to donation.

Bill

Well, Bill, this opinion by Minuteman founder Robert DePugh is only an opinion, as far as I can tell. There are no such documents to substantiate his opinion, from everything I've seen.

On the other hand, I've read the enormous US Army report on Walker's "reprimand", and it makes no mention whatever of Walker's alleged homosexuality.

It seems to me that Walker was very, very careful in the US Army to protect his reputation, because any false move on his part could have resulted in a Court Martial for him.

Furthermore -- the argument by DePugh that Walker was "forced" to resign or face Court Martial is belied by the fact that this was the second resignation of General Walker. Most historians seem to ignore that fact.

General Walker's first resignation was in 1959 -- and he was ready to forfeit his US Army Pension at that time as well. He was already writing to his family about this pending decision. The issue was Communism and his personal honor -- how could he honorably serve under a Communist? Then, President Eisenhower threw Walker a curve ball, and gave him a command over 10,000 troops and their dependents in Augsburg, Germany.

There's clearly no connection between the resignation of 1959 and any "reprimand." On the contrary. The reason Walker submitted his resignation to the US Army in 1959 was most likely because he had become convinced by Robert Welch's book, The Politician, that President Eisenhower was a Communist.

But President Eisenhower didn't care what Walker thought about him. Also, Ike wanted to reward General Walker for doing such a great job enforcing the Brown Decision at Little Rock High School. So, Ike gave Walker the biggest command of his career.

Yet as we saw in Walker's letter to his brother, "Frank," the military staff in Augsburg didn't immediately like Walker; as he said, they "hate my guts," after he had been in Augsburg only a few weeks.

Anyway -- the likelihood that Walker had to hide his homosexuality in Augsburg is high because the Army newspaper, the Overseas Weekly (which was stridently heterosexual) would spy on Walker almost as soon as he arrived. Walker even sued them in Civil Court for their spying -- and won. But that didn't stop them.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Well, Paul, if we let Walker speak for himself, his reason in August 1959 for wanting to resign was typical cryptic Walker-Speak:

"It is fair to say that in my opinion the 5th column conspiracy and influence in the United States minimize or nullify the effectiveness of my ideals and principles, military mission, and objectives, and the necessary American public spirit to support sons and soldiers. I have no further desire for military service at this time with this conspiracy and its influence on the home front."

With respect to Overseas Weekly, it should be remembered that even Defense Secretary Robert S. McNamara described its contents (and journalistic ethics) as "personally repulsive".

One military historian (Albert Nofi) claims that he is not even sure that Walker ever sent his resignation letter or if he did, why it was withdrawn.

To make matters even more interesting, there is one Walker confidant (a veteran of the 24th ID) who claims that Walker told him in 1961 the following story regarding his resignation after being relieved of command in Germany and returning to the U.S.:

"He said when he returned, he was summonsed to the White House to meet with President Kennedy: He obeyed, and met with his Commander in Chief. The meeting was more than he expected, and although the Pro-Blue program was brought up, which the President demanded he (Walker) stop the 'Communist-like Indoctrination' of the 24th Division, he (Kennedy) sprang a surprise, by telling Walker that he (Kennedy) had picked him (Walker) to go to Vietnam and set up a command center for the coming massive influx of American military presence in that country. The General told me that he couldn't believe what Kennedy was saying, and mentioned to him that there were some 280 generals the President could pick from, most outranked him (Walker) in all military areas. So how come the President wanted a two star, over the many others? He said the President told him, that he (Kennedy) had considered many others, but finally decided on him (Walker) because of both his conventional military training and background, but also because of his para-military activities and connections during WWII. The General told me he was stunned at the offer, both for the rewards (four stars, and Supreme Command in Asia) and for the awesome responsibilities he would undertake. He asked the President for some time to consider the matter before accepting, and he said Kennedy granted him the time, but wanted him to get started on the Vietnam project as quickly as possible.
General Walker said he immediately made contact with General Douglas MacArthur, and arranged to meet him in his Waldorf-Astoria suite. He said he (Walker) sought Mac Arthur's advice on President Kennedy's Vietnam offer. Walker told me that Douglas MacArthur advised him that if he took the Vietnam command, he would become entangled into Asian land warfare that neither he, nor any other commander, could possibly overcome. In the end, the U.S. military, would suffer the same humiliation and defeat that the French had endured, a decade earlier. When the agony of defeat would be felt by all America, the finger pointing would end up in his (Walker's) face, and Kennedy and the entire military establishment would have him (Walker) as their whipping-boy and blood-soaked scapegoat, Every American soldier's death would be placed into his hands. He thanked MacArthur for his perception and advice, and returned to President Kennedy with his answer. He said he could not, in good conscience, take the Vietnam offer; to which he said the President was disappointed, but nevertheless wanted Walker to take the appointment anyway, right away.
Walker said he had to respectfully decline the appointment, to which Kennedy replied that he (Walker) had no choice in the matter, as this was a Presidential Order, and he was to accept it immediately. Walker said he finally told Kennedy that he would not take the order, presidential or not; to which Kennedy demanded he take.
The General told me that the President told him it was not possible for a general to defy a presidential order, and for him (Walker) to pack his bags as he was leaving for Vietnam right away. Walker said he wouldn't go, and to make his point, he resigned his commission, left the President and returned home to Texas."
There is nothing in the JFK Library to support this story -- but some observers think that Walker invented this story to describe what he thought SHOULD have been his place in military history.
Edited by Ernie Lazar

Bill

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I've asked this question previously Paul -- but you never replied. Since you raise this again, I will ask again:

Is there anything in Walker's personal papers to indicate that he received a loaned copy of The Politician in 1959 (or previously)?

As I assume you know, every time Welch sent out a copy, it was sent by Registered Mail and it was only "loaned" -- because it had to be returned. IF Walker did receive a copy, do you happen to know what identifying copy number he received -- and on what date?

For context, see the "Dear Reader" introduction to the "private letter" version of The Politician which I donated to Internet Archive. This copy was #58. This edition is the last revision which was written in June 1958 and which was loaned out starting in August 1958.

https://archive.org/stream/foia_Welch_Robert_The_Politician_manuscript.PDF/Welch_Robert_The_Politician_manuscript#page/n1/mode/2up