The Education Forum

Kennedy Videos

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1964 Secret Service Re-Enactment Film......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9E6ed_4-hx6clV0SHhkN1dESHM/view

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/02/1964-secret-service-film.html#Discussion

Note concerning the above SS film....

Since we can see that the Zapruder Film is being displayed in full motion (and in real time) in this 1964 Secret Service film [8 minutes in], such an occurrence (within a U.S. Government filmed production) would certainly tend to debunk the notion that many conspiracy theorists continue to endorse to this day—i.e., the notion that Abraham Zapruder's motion picture film of JFK's assassination was being deliberately suppressed or hidden from the general public until 1975 (or at least until 1969, when the Zapruder Film was shown in open court at the Clay Shaw trial in New Orleans).

Although I am not positive, I would assume that this Secret Service reconstruction film was available to the public shortly after it was completed sometime in late 1964. It possibly was made available at certain libraries, schools, and universities around the country. And if that was the case, then the conspiracists who think the U.S. Government was attempting to hide the Zapruder Film from public view for many years are just simply dead wrong. Because this Secret Service film, although probably not seen by very many people prior to the age of the Internet, would have still been out there and available to view by anyone who had an interest in doing so many years prior to 1975 (or 1969).

Edited by David Von Pein

4 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/02/1964-secret-service-film.html#Discussion

Note concerning the above SS film....

Since we can see that the Zapruder Film is being displayed in full motion (and in real time) in this 1964 Secret Service film [8 minutes in], such an occurrence (within a U.S. Government filmed production) would certainly tend to debunk the notion that many conspiracy theorists continue to endorse to this day—i.e., the notion that Abraham Zapruder's motion picture film of JFK's assassination was being deliberately suppressed or hidden from the general public until 1975 (or at least until 1969, when the Zapruder Film was shown in open court at the Clay Shaw trial in New Orleans).

Although I am not positive, I would assume that this Secret Service reconstruction film was available to the public shortly after it was completed sometime in late 1964. It possibly was made available at certain libraries, schools, and universities around the country. And if that was the case, then the conspiracists who think the U.S. Government was attempting to hide the Zapruder Film from public view for many years are just simply dead wrong. Because this Secret Service film, although probably not seen by very many people prior to the age of the Internet, would have still been out there and available to view by anyone who had an interest in doing so many years prior to 1975 (or 1969).

DVP--

You seem to be stretching on this one.

Have you ever heard of anyone watching the above Secret Service film? I was alive back then, and I never heard anyone mention it. You are assuming it was available? You don't think the Mark Lanes, Sylvia Meaghers would have been all over it? 

Why did Garrison have to order the Z-film down to N.O. if there was a copy floating around to anyone who wanted to rent it? 

I managed to see a blurry bootleg version of the Z film in college in 1972-4 or so. There were lots of smart people and librarians in Berkeley back then. People there would have loved anything to do with a conspiracy, including me. No one know anything about an available Z-film copy in Berkeley, I am pretty sure of that. 

I can't prove a negative, but...

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Why did Garrison have to order the Z-film down to N.O. if there was a copy floating around to anyone who wanted to rent it? 

Beats me.

As I said in my previous comments above, "I am not positive" that the '64 SS film was available to the public. But, then too, if it wasn't made for the public to see (or for schools or universities), what WAS the reason for the film being produced? Just for Secret Service personnel and nobody else?

~big shrug~

Edited by David Von Pein

7 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Beats me.

As I said in my previous comments above, "I am not positive" that the '64 SS film was available to the public. But, then too, if it wasn't made for the public to see (or for schools or universities), what WAS the reason for the film being produced? Just for Secret Service personnel and nobody else?

~big shrug~

The segment of the Z film shown in the Secret Service film above is blurry and black-and-white, and omits the scene of JFK being pushed, or flung, or whatever, violently to JFK's back and left after being struck in the head. 

Jeez, why would a government agency, committed to transparency and accountability, omit the violent motion of JFK to his back and left?

DVP---I wonder what you are thinking on this one. This seems to make a case for a government that is intentionally misleading the public. 

But thanks for dredging up this artifact. Fascinating in its own way. 

On 7/7/2022 at 1:00 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

The segment of the Z film shown in the Secret Service film above is blurry and black-and-white, and omits the scene of JFK being pushed, or flung, or whatever, violently to JFK's back and left after being struck in the head. 

Jeez, why would a government agency, committed to transparency and accountability, omit the violent motion of JFK to his back and left?

You're wrong about this. The whole Z-Film assassination sequence is shown in the SS film. It's a crappy B&W version, yes. And the very bottom of the frame is trimmed throughout the whole Z-Film sequence, but you can  still see the backward movement of Kennedy's head in this SS film (at about 8:20). So why you're saying the SS omitted it is a mystery to me.

As to why the very bottom of the frame is cut off for this entire Z-Film sequence, I really don't know, but I do recall seeing a trimmed version like this in the past. I think it's just a case of the FBI & SS having to settle for low-quality copies of the Z-Film that (for some reason) suffered from that trimming at the bottom of the frame. The Secret Service copy seen in this 1964 SS film is, in fact, almost certainly a copy of an FBI copy. So, naturally, it's not going to be crystal clear.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9E6ed_4-hx6clV0SHhkN1dESHM/view

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

You're wrong about this. The whole Z-Film assassination sequence is shown in the SS film. It's a crappy B&W version, yes. And the very bottom of the frame is trimmed throughout the whole Z-Film sequence, but you can  still see the backward movement of Kennedy's head in this SS film (at about 8:20). So why you're saying the SS omitted it is a mystery to me.

As to why the very bottom of the frame is cut off for this entire Z-Film sequence, I really don't know, but I do recall seeing a trimmed version like this in the past. I think it's just a case of the FBI & SS having to settle for low-quality copies of the Z-Film that (for some reason) suffered from that trimming at the bottom of the frame. The Secret Service copy seen in this 1964 SS film is, in fact, almost certainly a copy of an FBI copy. So, naturally, it's not going to be crystal clear.

DVP--

I must have had a senior moment. Though blurry, you can see the odd movement of JFK violently to his left and back, after being shot in the head. There are the other shortcomings in the film you note. 

I do not know if this film was suppressed or not after being made. I have never heard of it before. 

A great find. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I do not know if this film was suppressed or not after being made. I have never heard of it before. A great find. 

Here's some more info on that 1964 Secret Service film (courtesy of The Sixth Floor Museum website):

Z-Film-Timeline-Info.png

------------------------------------------------------

http://web.archive.org/web/20150702014536/http://www.jfk.org/go/collections/about/zapruder-film-chronology

Edited by David Von Pein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have part of the Secret Service training film they

made about the assassination attempt on Reagan.

Reagan asked who was going to play him. They said

someone his size who looked like him. Reagan

volunteered to play the role in the long shots. So THE

KILLERS was not his last film acting role. Director

Don Siegel told me he cast Reagan as the villain

in that 1964 film to embarrass him because he knew

Reagan was going into politics.

Edited by Joseph McBride