The Education Forum

Did Ruby talk about Oswald at Ray McKeown's before the assassination?

Chris Newton

This is the McKeown interview posted above at post #164.

There is corroborating testimony of Sam Neil at the end which is not part of the transcript above.

Jump to the 50:00 minute mark (enjoy the Datson B210 ad btw):

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris - I began to watch this, but just the fact that it's Dan Rather is giving me doubts. In CNN's recent series called the '60's he is likewise used as a source. I simply cannot forget the shameless lie he told after he, not the U.S. Public, viewed the Zapruder film. To me Rather has no credibility.

Paul you don't have to watch the whole thing. The only way I'm watching that whole video is if you strap me down and make me as in A Clockwork Orange. Jump to the 50:00 minute mark.

Dan Rather is a tool of the establishment media and a shameless promoter of himself.

Edited by Chris Newton

Paul,

Here's the original quote that started this speculation:

McKeown is describing to the HSCA how he was watching TV when...

"I seen it when he killed him".

Then he goes on to describe a conversation he had with the friend that was living with him when both Ruby and Oswald visited, Sam Neil.

"And then Sam called right after that and we went down to somewhere, I do not know where. He call me up and say, hey, that is the son-of-a-bitch who was at your house, that is the guy who was at your house talking about Oswald.

I said. it sure is."

Edited by Chris Newton

Yes, you would have to tie me down too. This time I was able to forward the film - first try didn't work. So he told the FBI about Ruby, but kept his mouth shut about Oswald. When Rather later wonders out loud why 'Oswald' asks for 4 rifles, makes me want to puke.

Yes - McKeown says 'It was the man that killed ...that Jack Ruby killed'. I like the way he laughs after he says he believes in the bible.

Paul,

I don't have issue with the fact that the McKeown identified Oswald as the man who came to his door.

The slip was "..who was at your house talking about Oswald."

If Jack Ruby had discussed Oswald prior to the assassination with McKeown and Neil that would be enough to blow up the entire extant coverup.

Edited by Chris Newton

Why does McKeown say that Oswald's hair is blond? In the Dan Rather interview.

Any ideas?

Sandy,

Probably because whoever was impersonating Oswald had blond hair.

It's possible that the bad guys had been misled by some three-year-old (but still ongoing) CIA Popov's Mole-based "marked card" information that had given Oswald-in-Russia dark-blond hair, and which information was still in some of Oswald's CIA and military intel files in 1963.

This is the 1959 false defector (formerly with the United States Air Force), Robert E. Webster [q.v.], from whom Oswald "got" his dark-blond hair:

Webster in the USSR

RobertEdwardWebster1959.jpg

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I would try to summarize this as Mckeown doing an interview with Dan Rather years later talking about the time Oswald came to his house trying to work an arms deal, but never mentioning to Rather that Ruby had talked to him about Oswald prior to the Oswald visit. Maybe it's not clear whether Ruby mentions Oswald to McKeown before or after the Oswald visit.