The Education Forum

CIA's CHARLES BRIGGS- relatives went apoplectic

WOW! I posted about the disturbing Sixth Floor Museum connection of former CIA officer Charles Briggs and two relatives of his went nuts!

Here is another link about Briggs-

http://jfkfacts.org/cia-man-assisted-in-the-creation-of-the-sixth-floor-museum/

They want this connection---get this---"erased from the internet. You have no business defaming a good man. He worked successfully with the Kennedy administration, NOT against it."

Thoughts?

SEE ALSO

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Charles_A._Briggs

Vince,

I inadvertently stumbled on this connection, here in this forum while investigating other issues, and Gary Mack and I had a "private" conversation about Charles' status. Charles Briggs had more knowledge of more secrets in the CIA than probably anyone other than Angleton (and it appears he was the keeper of Angleton's files as well, moving about 15% of the 400 yards of files into the main CIA database and overseeing the destruction of the rest). I spoke about this last year in Dallas at the Lancer Conference.

Reading the messages of the trolls on Jeff's site,  I could see how they'd be upset about any posting regarding his career but It doesn't sound like they have any idea how the "internets" work.

good luck.

His granddaughter actually inspired me to keep up my post and expand it + share it on social media everywhere. She actually had the audacity to tell me "take it down. Take it down NOW." I don't obey.

Is it not amazing how a guy can live in the shadows his whole life, and then suddenly, due to an obituary, we find out who he is.

Briggs helped set up the sixth floor for CIA, he apparently oversaw CIA interests in declassification for ARRB, and now we know he went through Angleton's files after he was removed by Colby.

This guy was a player in the JFK case and no one knew it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Well said, Jim.

Judging by the over-the-top reaction of his relatives, I think they regret that connection to the Sixth Floor coming out in his obituary. Again, they don't dispute the fact of this connection (how could they)...they are mad because I merely highlighted it. Bizarre.

What makes all this even stranger is that the Sixth Floor Museum itself acknowledged the Briggs connection, his early role with the museum and commented on internal reactions to his CIA connection - all in their published anniversary book on the Museum.  In addition they did an oral history interview with him which is available.  I suppose the family would not be happy about all that either? 

Chris, I guess its a good thing that none of those folks were at our Lancer conference presentation last year - with or without fruit to throw...