The Education Forum

David Lifton teases Final Charade on the Night Fright Show

Micah Mileto

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Eddy Bainbridge said:

Hi Micah, many thanks for your research. 

Although I should add that Tom Robinson, on top of the questionable story about arriving early to the autopsy, told the ARRB that he thought the large defect on the photos was the surgery performed by the pathologists sawing the skull, not the original head wound. But, I think David here said that he believes Tom Robinson was already aware of the body alteration theory before he started telling that story.

Edited by Micah Mileto

6 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Although I should add that Tom Robinson, on top of the questionable story about arriving early to the autopsy, told the ARRB that he thought the large defect on the photos was the surgery performed by the pathologists sawing the skull, not the original head wound. But, I think David here said that he believes Tom Robinson was already aware of the body alteration theory before he started telling that story.

Thanks Micah , I will read more testimony when time allows. Your collection of throat wound testimony provides for the possibiity the wound was expanded during the autopsy.

I can't help but wonder how straightforward it would be to make wound alterations while all around think Hulmes is doing exploratory surgery.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, David Lifton said:

Harrison Livingstone's books have recently been made into ebooks available online for borrowing. I found this part in Killing The Truth about Robert Groden alleged 1979 interview with Perry:

[...p. 431, Chapter 14. Robert Groden]

What followed was an avalanche of supporting documentation from Livingstone. It included:

1. Statements by Groden concerning a 1979 meeting with Dr. Malcolm Perry and Perry's shock at the size of the tracheotomy. (The wound is only partially visible in two of Groden's five pictures.)

[...p. 436]

Groden's Color Autopsy Pictures

Here follows the story of how Groden obtained his color autopsy photographs as Groden told it in sworn testimony to Kevin Brennan.

[...p. 448-452]

Q. Did you do anything else to test the hypothesis?

A. There was a time when we brought copies of the autopsy photographs and diagrams to Dr. Malcolm Perry in New York City, myself and two reporters or two employees, one reporter, and I think a photographer and editor for the Baltimore Sun, and we showed the items to him.

[...]

Q. Other than the visit to Dr. Malcolm Perry, and the requests to bring the doctors from Parkland in, are these all the things you did to test your hypothesis?

A. You made a statement that I'm not sure would be representative correctly in the record.

Q. All right.

A. The majority of the work that I did was for the House Committee. The interview with Dr. Perry, which was set up by the two members of the Baltimore Sun, was not for the House Committee. It was a totally separate issue, and they had set it up and contacted me, and I met them in New York City on 86th Street and Second Avenue, and we drove down by taxicab to New York Hospital, where we met Dr. Perry in his office.

Q. Who was Dr. Malcolm Perry?

A. Dr. Perry was the doctor who performed the tracheotomy on President Kennedy's throat.

Q. That is at Parkland?

A. That's correct.

Q. When they were trying to save his life?

A. That is correct.

Q. Did you speak to Dr. Perry that day?

A. Yes, I did.

Q. Who else was present when you spoke with Dr. Perry?

A. I don't remember the names of the two people I know that one of the people involved in setting this up was Jeff Price, but I don't know whether he was physically there or not. There were only two others. They both worked for the Baltimore Sun. At the time that we met Dr. Perry, Dr. Perry gave me his business card, which I still have, and immediately after the interview we went down to a coffee shop directly across from New York Hospital, sat in the corner booth and discussed. They were very excited, because Dr. Perry had told us that the autopsy photographs did not represent the President's wounds as he left them.

Q. When was this visit to Dr. Perry?

A. I don't have a record of the specific date.

Q. How about a month and a year, a season of the year?

A. I would say in all probability, it was winter, because it was freezing cold. It had to be very late in 1978 or very early 1979.

Q. Did you bring any photographs or photographic material with you to this visit with Dr. Perry?

A. Yes.

Q. What did you bring?

A. I do not remember the exact specific items that I brought, but as I recall, I brought the photograph that is in question as to the—that we have been speaking about, however it's referred to, the right superior.

Q. Superior right photograph?

A. Superior right profile photograph of the back of the head, diagram; as I recall, I brought the diagram or drawing done by Dr. Robert McClelland, showing the exit wound of the President's head and, I believe I brought a Xerox of a medical illustration done by one of the House Assassinations Committee. She was their artist.

Q. So, you know of two autopsy photographs you brought with you, or more than two?

A. As I recall, those were the two I brought.

Q. Where did you get those photographs from?

A. Those specific ones?

Q. Yes.

A. I don't recall. I don't know if they were originals or duplicates. They weren't camera originals. Whether there were my originals or duplicates, I don't recall.

Q. Had you made the five copies with the permission of Mr. Gold-smith or someone else before this visit to Dr. Perry?

A. I believe so.

Q. Were the two photographs that you took with you two of the copies that had been made of the five photographs?

A. I'm not sure I understand the question.

Q. You made copies of five color autopsy shots with the permission of Mickey Goldsmith or someone else?

A. I didn't say with the permission of Mickey Goldsmith. I said I think it might have been Mickey Goldsmith.

Q. Right, I didn't finish my question.

A. I'm sorry.

Q. With the permission of Mickey Goldsmith or someone else, you made those copies of five photographs, sometime in 1978, you believe?

A. I would say that's correct.

Q. My question is: Were the two photographs that you brought with you two of the copies of those five copies that you made?

A. They were either my originals or copies of the copies.

Q. Did you tell anyone from the Committee staff before you went to see Dr. Perry that you intended to go see him?

A. No.

Q. Why not?

A. Because at that time, I no longer trusted the House Committee.

[…]

Q. In the winter of 1978 or 1979, when you went to see Dr. Perry, were you in a chain of command?

A. No. As I said, I did that on my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Although Perry told the Warren Commission that he used a scalpel to slice through the strap muscles, the pathologists failed to describe any surgical defect on the strap muscles - the pathologists did report some bruising of the strap muscles, but I could not find any mention of surgical cuts.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, David Lifton said:

On the possibility that Perry made no incision: Endotracheal tubes and tracheostomy tubes are usually about 1.5 centimeters in diameter, so how could one fit into an unmodified bullet wound which was reportedly no more than 7 millimeters wide?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a tracheostomy tube shown by Dr. Crenshaw as an example of what how big JFK's tube would have been.

20j3p1N.png

Does anybody know what that sharp triangle-shaped thing on the tip of this tube is? Does it have a name? And doesn't that look too sharp to be stuffing down the trachea?

52 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Here is a tracheostomy tube shown by Dr. Crenshaw as an example of what how big JFK's tube would have been.

20j3p1N.png

Does anybody know what that sharp triangle-shaped thing on the tip of this tube is? Does it have a name? And doesn't that look too sharp to be stuffing down the trachea?

Are they sharp looking edges around the circular opening (bottom left) actually soft, like tape? It looks like the top left edge is bent back or flopping back. 

5 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Are they sharp looking edges around the circular opening (bottom left) actually soft, like tape? It looks like the top left edge is bent back or flopping back. 

Ah, that's probably the real answer. But from Googling trach tube models, I had a hard time finding information on this kind of tip. From the images I've seen so far, none of them have that "star-shaped tape". Maybe it's just a soft colored part of plastic that was originally supposed to be overlaying a transparent tracheal balloon, but the balloon part was ripped off.

Edited by Micah Mileto