The Education Forum

Did Shelley & Lovelady leave the TSBD steps before Officer Baker's arrival and then return?

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Are you seriously telling me, that you think this tall heavy set woman is Gloria Calvery.

bystander.jpg

Betzner_Crop.jpg

Yes, Robin.  That is what Sandy and I are seriously telling you. 

You sound incredulous.  Why is that?

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

9BwELZY.jpg

The photos above show that Gloria Holt would wear her hair both short and long. Just because her hair was short in her 1963 school yearbook doesn't mean it was still short in November of that year. First, consider the fact that photo studios prefer to take student photos in September or October of the school year. The reason being that Christmas is arriving and they are banking on parents purchasing extra photos to send out for Christmas. So Gloria Holt's photo where she had short hair was likely taken more than a year before the assassination.

A 2005 study on hair growth showed that " ....Caucasian female participants' hair grew a little more than 5 inches (13 cm) per year." (Source) And that's AVERAGE. Some peoples' hair grow much faster.

But at that average hair growth rate, Gloria Holt's would have grown 6 inches from the time she likely had her photo taken.

Now, lest anybody dismiss this point, take a look at this real example. Look at how much this guy's hair grew in a year:

maxresdefault.jpg
(Source)

So yes, Gloria Holt's hair could definitely have looked like this in November 1963:

DARNELL80a.jpg.7404efa09d28549ec8fa02232

7 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Are you seriously telling me, that you think this tall heavy set woman is Gloria Calvery.

Robin,

Calvery's son said that his father was 6 ft. tall.

149407954_1437197023.jpg

From the Calvery's wedding announcement we can see that Gloria was about 5' 8" tall. The average height of adult women at the time was 5' 3". So Gloria was quite tall.

The image below from Betzner 3 is quite useful for comparing the heights of woman spectators standing along the sidewalk. Imagine a straight line drawn through the tops of the average-height women.There are only two women who stand out as being taller than this line. One is the woman who Tommy and I say is Gloria Calvery. The other is a woman several feet to her left.

In stark contrast, the woman you and Bart believe to be Gloria Calvery (the one below the G in the Stemmons sign) is of average height. 5' 3" or so. She is not Gloria Calvery.

Betzner_Crop.jpg

And BTW, Gloria Calvery was indeed a heavy set woman.

149407954_1437170999.jpg

Unfortunately, a poofy skirt with a tucked in blouse served to accentuate that fact. It makes her butt look big.

bystander.jpg

No Tommy, you and Sandy are, and this is the end of it for me, you do not provide anything to the table only your opinion. it's worthless.

If you two are so certain then do what Robin Unger suggested and contact the 6FM or Westbrook direct and dig it out.

There is no need to drag your rear all over the EF carpet trying to convince everyone as no one has joined your club.

And please stop spamming this forum.

Just now, Bart Kamp said:

No Tommy, you and Sandy are, and this is the end of it for me, you do not provide anything to the table only your opinion. it's worthless.

If you two are so certain then do what Robin Unger suggested and contact the 6FM or Westbrook direct and dig it out.

There is no need to drag your rear all over the EF carpet trying to convince everyone as no one has joined your club.

And please stop spamming this forum.

Bye Bye, Bart!

--  TG

45 minutes ago, Bart Kamp said:

Why in heaven's name would we trust someone's 55-year-old memory when we have films and photos to gather information from directly?

Also we have Calvery's son who certainly knew his father's height. That alone (well, along with the films) proves that the woman you believe to be Calvery is too short.

12 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Why in heaven's name would we trust someone's 55-year-old memory when we have films and photos to gather information from directly?

Also we have Calvery's son who certainly knew his father's height. That alone (well, along with the films) proves that the woman you believe to be Calvery is too short.

Sandy,

We must ask ourselves why in the world Stella Mae Jacob, who worked the billing department of the Texas School Book Company, is hanging out with "Westbrook" of the Southwestern Publishing Company, and "Calvery" of the Southwestern Publishing Company, a minute or two after the assassination, instead of with her Texas School Book Company colleagues Gloria Jeanne Holt (who also worked in the billing department), and Sharron Simmons (who worked as a clerk for the Texas School Book Company), especially since they had witnessed the tragedy together.

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

And not only that, but since everyone seems to agree, finally, that that the dark-complected woman is Stella Mae Jacob, we must ask ourselves why Stella is hanging out with "Westbrook" and "Calvery" a minute or two after the assassination, instead of with her colleagues Holt and Simmons, with whom she witnessed the tragedy.

Excellent point, Tommy.

So much so it has inspired me to write up a quickie presentation on it.

10 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Excellent point, Tommy.

So much so it has inspired me to write up a quickie presentation on it.

Sandy,

Someone should invite The Sixth Floor Museum's Stephen "Smilin'-n'-Noddin'" Fagin to join the Forum.

Smiling Out Loud,

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves

11 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

We must ask ourselves why in the world Stella Mae Jacob, who worked in the billing department of the Texas School Book Company, is hanging out with "Westbrook" of the Southwestern Publishing Company, and "Calvery" of the Southwestern Publishing Company, a minute or two after the assassination, instead of with her Texas School Book Company colleagues Gloria Jeanne Holt (who also worked in the billing department), and Sharron Simmons (who worked as a clerk for said Texas School Book Company), especially since they had witnessed the tragedy together.

--  TG

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

5 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:
17 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

We must ask ourselves why in the world Stella Mae Jacob, who worked in the billing department of the Texas School Book Company, is hanging out with "Westbrook" of the Southwestern Publishing Company, and "Calvery" of the Southwestern Publishing Company, a minute or two after the assassination, instead of with her Texas School Book Company colleagues Gloria Jeanne Holt (who also worked in the billing department), and Sharron Simmons (who worked as a clerk for said Texas School Book Company), especially since they had witnessed the tragedy together.

--  TG

edited and bumped

Tommy,

Another excellent point. I might include it in my presentation.

BTW you might want to check the available space in your PM box? I got an error message saying I couldn't send you a message.