The Education Forum

A Couple of Real Gems from the "Harvey and Lee" Website

3 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

The question has been asked and answered several times-there was no missing tooth.

Really?

On 10/16/2017 at 7:46 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

To Mr. Parnell....

Sworn WC testimony referring way back to the fall of 1954....

Mr. JENNER. But you do remember that you attempted to help him when he was struck in the mouth on that occasion; is that right?
Mr. VOEBEL. Yes; I think he even lost a tooth from that. I think he was cut on the lip, and a tooth was knocked out.

Soon after the fight, Voebel took a famous photograph of LEE Oswald that he eventually sold to LIFE magazine after the assassination.  It appears to show LEE Oswald with a missing tooth.

Here’s a quick guide to “Oswald’s Lost Front Tooth” for vision impaired H&L critics.  This will help you see LEE Oswald’s missing front tooth even if you’re nearly blind.

First, get yourself a copy of the February 21, 1964 edition of LIFE magazine.  You can borrow mine if you can’t find one.  Here’s a picture of the cover I took with my cell phone.

Toothless_Life_Cover.jpg

Second, and this may be a difficult part for you, open up LIFE magazine to pages 70 and 71.  Here is what you will see....

Toothless_Life_70.jpg

Third, get your nose close to pages 70 & 71 and look towards the left side of the big two-page spread.  Despite your obvious disabilities, you should see something like this….

Toothless_Classroom.jpg

Here’s a closer look at that missing upper front tooth:

Toothless_CU.jpg

I'll post a brightened version of the same LIFE halftone from the late, great Jack White in a couple of days....

In the meantime, H&L critics, can you find the missing tooth in “Lee Harvey Oswald’s” original exhumation dental photos, currently in the possession of John Armstrong?

I didn’t think so. Here’s an LHO exhumation dental photo….

exhume.jpg

WHERE IS THE MISSING FRONT TOOTH?

Edited by Jim Hargrove

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/31/2017 at 1:21 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

And before anyone claims Voebel seemed uncertain about the missing tooth, let's just review his use of the word "think" during his WC testimony.

• Yes. Well, I think one of them was in the same grade as Lee.
  • The fight, I think started on the school ground,
  • I think John was a little smaller, a little shorter than Lee.
  • Well, I think Oswald was getting the best of John,
  • but I think I just went on home and everybody went their way,
  • and Oswald I think, was a little in front of me
  • I think that was what brought it all about. I think this was sort of a revenge thing on the part of the Neumeyer boys
  • I think he even lost a tooth from that. I think he was cut on the lip, and a tooth was knocked out.
  • I don't think he was that good
  • I don't think he was a great pool player
  • I think I met her one time
  • I think the legal age here is 18
  • I think in a way I understood him better than most of the other kids
  • I think they have gotten worse
  • I think we were in the same grade, I think we were.

.... and on and on. Ed Voegel says “I think” or “think” nearly a hundred times during his testimony. It seems to be part of the way he talked.

Any questions?

No questions. Sounds to me like he was unsure about a lot of things. After all, it had been 10 years since the incident he described. But to the H&L people, this "evidence" trumps all common sense. Like why did no one besides Voebel and Lillian (who merely "remembered"  he went to the dentist) mention that "Lee" had either a missing tooth or wore a bridge? Because it didn't happen.

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

....why did no one .... mention that "Lee" had either a missing tooth or wore a bridge?

In my 62 years, I have never before mentioned to ANYBODY that:

• My maternal grandfather wore false teeth.
  • My older brother wore false teeth.
  • My other brother has a bridge.
  • A coworker of mine lost one of his front teeth.
  • My mother lost one of her front teeth.

Not that I've been hiding anything. It's  just that, after the initial surprise of somebody losing a tooth, it's not a particularly interesting topic. It comes to mind only when the topic arises.

In addition, in my 62 years I do not recall anybody outside of my family informing me that somebody they knew wore false teeth or had a bridge.

That is surely the reason that nobody mentioned Lee's missing tooth. Or the bridge or false tooth he probably wore.

No questions. Sounds to me like he was unsure about a lot of things. After all, it had been 10 years since the incident he described. But to the H&L people, this "evidence" trumps all common sense. Like why did no one besides Voebel and Lillian (who merely "remembered"  he went to the dentist) mention that "Lee" had either a missing tooth or wore a bridge? Because it didn't happen.

In addition to what Sandy just said, how do you know that no one else mentioned Lee had a false tooth?  No one on the Warren Commission asked.  The WC didn’t even bother to get the name of the dentist so Lee’s dental records could be checked.  Instead, they published “Marguerite’s” dental records!  

An equally ridiculous example of the WC’s deliberate incompetence is that no one bothered to call the Texas Department of Public Safety License Records Department to see if “Lee Harvey Oswald” had a valid Texas drivers license, despite all the conflicting testimony they had.  Guess none of the lawyers knew how to find a Texas phone number, eh?

What a fine “investigation” you defend!

13 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

There goes David Josephs again, resorting to insults to defend the ridiculous H&L theory. Sad but not surprising since he does it all the time.

Keep up Tracy... you're two pages behind the Bernie Lovefest....

He gives, he takes....  I give - I take...  chill out and stop whining already... 

And you both are still lost with regards to a simple question...

Show us one other person in history standing 5'8" with a 13" head....   or at least try to comprehend that the image you're  looking at is not authentic...

No worries though...  expectations for the two of you understanding anything related to H&L continues to plummet...  

so much energy spent chasing your tail...   when maybe you could do an eBay clearance sale and help Bernie get a copy of the book

He appears to need one so very bad....

:rip

Edited by David Josephs

.... Lillian (who merely "remembered"  he went to the dentist) ....

She also "merely remembered" that she paid for the visit to the dentist.

Ain't it odd how Lillian's FALSE memory just happens to match Ed Voebel's FALSE memory, and how they both just happen to match Lee's FALSE tooth! LOL

I agree that your family could not be expected to report this Sandy since they were not involved in something like the JFK case and it wouldn't make sense for them to do so. However IMO, a missing tooth or a dental appliance would be a fact that could be expected to be reported by any number of people in testimony, depositions or statements to authorities.

8 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I agree that your family could not be expected to report this Sandy since they were not involved in something like the JFK case and it wouldn't make sense for them to do so. However IMO, a missing tooth or a dental appliance would be a fact that could be expected to be reported by any number of people in testimony, depositions or statements to authorities.

Ed Voebel did report the missing tooth, Tracy.

As for a dental appliance... why would anybody even be aware of that?

21 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Just my opinion Sandy, but it is reasonable to think that family and close friends as well as those in the USMC would be aware of it. It would also have to be noted in the Marine Corps records, which are supposed to be  a combination of "Harvey" and "Lee." Of course, Jim can always fall back on the famous "it was faked" excuse.

45 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:
1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Just my opinion Sandy, but it is reasonable to think that family and close friends as well as those in the USMC would be aware of it. It would also have to be noted in the Marine Corps records, which are supposed to be  a combination of "Harvey" and "Lee." Of course, Jim can always fall back on the famous "it was faked" excuse.

Well I agree that Lee's family would have been aware of a dental bridge. But why do you think they would have offered up that information in their testimony? Especially given that they weren't asked. I mean, dude, people just don't do that.

And besides, almost all the people who testified were associated with Harvey, not Lee. I think that only three witnesses knew Lee well (John Pic, Robert Oswald, and Ed Voebel.)

As for the Marine Corps records, do you know of any collected by the WC that would show bridge work?

You're beating a dead horse with this line of "somebody would have talked about the missing tooth or bridge work."

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Not that I've been hiding anything. It's  just that, after the initial surprise of somebody losing a tooth, it's not a particularly interesting topic. It comes to mind only when the topic arises.

In addition, in my 62 years I do not recall anybody outside of my family informing me that somebody they knew wore false teeth or had a bridge.

That is surely the reason that nobody mentioned Lee's missing tooth. Or the bridge or false tooth he probably wore.

Yes and had one of the above been accused of assassinating JFK but there was a possibility of there being a doppelganger....It might,  just might, become in that context a bit important wouldn't you think? 

You mentioned a variation of this before. Do you remember? Then it was just the one friend who had a tooth missing and that apparently no one ever mentioned it, (except for you in that post!!) But of course you would remember it. As you did. And of course you would mention it. As you did. This is Sandy telling us about a guy with a missing tooth and that no one ever mentions it....Not even you? Right now? Jeez! Give me strength!

I'll find the post where you told us this. But I see that the examples have grown. Because now we have a multiplicity of family members with varying degrees of dental imperfections and once again Sandy doesn't even mention it! He doesn't mention it because "it's not a particularly interesting topic".

YOU have just told us all about your brother's false teeth in a post designed to show how people never talk about other folk's dental status!!!!! Jeez! 

Can you see your schoolboy error here Sandy? YOU have now established just how important this detail is under certain circumstances. 

As I said to you the last time you said this (but then only mentioned just the ONE friend. Hmmm). If one of the above had gone missing and the police needed a description...would you just leave the missing tooth bit out?

Silly men intoxicated by their own puffed up sense of self importance.

2 minutes ago, Bernie Laverick said:
4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yes and had one of the above been accused of assassinating JFK but there was a possibility of there being a doppelganger....It might,  just might, become in that context a bit important wouldn't you think? 

Why would the assassination of President Kennedy make Lee's dental bridge any more important, Bernie? Could it have been used as the murder weapon?  LOL