The Education Forum

Ruth Paine sis was CIA?

Keyvan,

Yes, Ruth Paine's sister was a psychologist in the CIA.    Not Ruth Paine's father.   (That is an urban myth from the 1990's.)

Ruth Paine's sister -- like all CIA employees -- was forbidden to talk about her work with anybody outside the CIA -- including her own family.

That's why Ruth Paine was so blissfully clueless about her sister's work in the CIA.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

There are certain traces in the files that her father was at  least under consideration for CIA usage.  

Because one is unaware of them that does not mean they do not exist.  There is another which was sent to me today.

The idea that Ruth was completely unaware that her sister was in the CIA is an assumption with no logic behind it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

11 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ruth Paine's sister -- like all CIA employees -- was forbidden to talk about her work with anybody outside the CIA -- including her own family.

That's why Ruth Paine was so blissfully clueless about her sister's work in the CIA.

I'm pretty sure it's okay for a CIA employee to tell family members they work for the CIA. As long as it's not undercover work.

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I'm pretty sure it's okay for a CIA employee to tell family members they work for the CIA. As long as it's not undercover work.

Sandy,

THAT they work for the CIA is one thing.   WHAT THEY DO for the CIA is something else entirely.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On 11/10/2017 at 12:50 PM, Paul Trejo said:
On 11/10/2017 at 7:11 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Sandy,

THAT they work for the CIA is one thing.   WHAT THEY DO for the CIA is something else entirely.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

I thought that Ruth claimed to be unaware that her sister worked for the CIA. And that your explanation for that was that CIA employees are not supposed to reveal that they work for the CIA.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Paul,

I thought that Ruth claimed to be unaware that her sister worked for the CIA. And that your explanation for that was that CIA employees are not supposed to reveal that they work for the CIA.

Sandy,

As I recall, Ruth Paine only claimed to be unaware of any of the details of what her sister did for the CIA.

This is easily explained by CIA rules -- employees are forbidden to share details of their jobs with anybody outside the CIA.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Just came across this, all the same doc.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10120-10454.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10121-10087.pdf

PAINE, RUTH (INDIVIDUAL TAKING CARE OF WIDOW OF LEE HARVEY OSWALD).

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10132-10102.pdf

Edited by Bart Kamp