The Education Forum

jfkassassinationforum.com appears to have been hacked.

Micah Mileto

jfkassassinationforum.com now only re-directs to a scam/virus with pop-up ads claiming you have a virus, redirecting you to a resource that will certainly give you an actual virus. Is anybody else getting this? This is right when there is renewed interest in the JFK case. 

edit: by some mechanism, the malicious site only pops up when you click on the jfk assassination forum when searching it on Google. Directly linking to https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/ works fine. 

Edited by Micah Mileto

Yeah. I not only tried to sign on like three times, I kept googling info and clicking on links to threads I didn't realize linked back to the forum. They all led to hell, where I had to turn off my computer to get away.

I've decided to stay away until I'm told it's back up.

Duncan MacRae has informed me that the website doesn't have a virus, and that the problem is with our computers. He said that we have the Google Redirect Virus.

I'm not sure about that. With that virus, any Google result you click on will go to the Website of Hell. But in my case, it's only when I click on Google's link to Duncan's forum that I have a problem.

43 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Yeah. I not only tried to sign on like three times, I kept googling info and clicking on links to threads I didn't realize linked back to the forum. They all led to hell, where I had to turn off my computer to get away.

I've decided to stay away until I'm told it's back up.

Pat,

Are you saying that, after doing a Google search, clicking on ANY link among the search results takes you to the Website of Hell?

I did a fresh Windows install on one of my computers, so I'd be sure there are no viruses. I then did a Google search for the forum. I clicked the link and.... (drum roll please)

Got redirected to the nasty page!

Conclusion:

The virus is not on our computers... unless the forum infected them.

I have no idea why the virus affects some computers and not others. Maybe it affects computers only in certain localities. North America?? As Michael's experience shows, it does affect only some operating systems.

EDIT: Not sure about my last sentence. Waiting for clarification from Michael.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Duncan says that our domain name servers are infected. Which would mean the problem lies with our internet service providers.

What he says makes sense and would explain why some of us have a problem and others don't. Makes my wonder how my ISP justifies raising my monthly rate by 50% in just the last few years.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Duncan MacRae runs it. You'd have to check it out to see if you're interested in the topics. There are a lot of active members posting, and hundreds of guests viewing at any given time.

Thanks and will look at it though I'm  a little  leery now with this problem  that's  being reported.