The Education Forum

NEW BOOK

Glenn - I’ve not previously insulted lone nut theorists here on this forum. I think this is different. The author is using this forum to make a buck, claiming his book was somehow an original theory. He could have presented his book here with disclosure as to his final thesis, and then he could have asked us to read it with an open mind. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Glenn - I’ve not previously insulted lone nut theorists here on this forum. I think this is different. The author is using this forum to make a buck, claiming his book was somehow an original theory. He could have presented his book here with disclosure as to his final thesis, and then he could have asked us to read it with an open mind. 

and no one else has promoted their book, however good or bad, on this forum?

whatever, Paul. you were rude.

17 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

The author is using this forum to make a buck

and at the behest of Kathy Becket, by the way.

So...

3 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

He could have presented his book here with disclosure as to his final thesis

who the hell promotes a book by telling people its "ending???" why the hell would he do that?

I already warned him that once the word gets out he'll find few sales from this forum - WITHOUT insulting the man.

at least he's not DVP!!!

he could have presented his book here with disclosure as to his final thesis. Lord have mercy...

Ok... Sorry everybody, it was a mistake to go here ( I went because Kathy Becket adviced me) I didn't know that the memebrs of this forum were so closed-mind... I think differently ( because I believe that it needs to be open-mind if anybody wants to try to search the truth). And as I am a french author of novels, I know a lot of writers, authors, artists, painters... And I never told to an artist that what he made was a "pile of garbage" ...  

I wish to everybody here all the best for the future in their lifes...

I am leaving this forum. 

God bless America.  

17 minutes ago, Lionel Touzellier said:

Ok... Sorry everybody, it was a mistake to go here ( I went because Kathy Becket adviced me) I didn't know that the memebrs of this forum were so closed-mind... I think differently ( because I believe that it needs to be open-mind if anybody wants to try to search the truth). And as I am a french author of novels, I know a lot of writers, authors, artists, painters... And I never told to an artist that what he made was a "pile of garbage" ...  

I wish to everybody here all the best for the future in their lifes...

I am leaving this forum. 

God bless America.  

sorry about that, Lionel. Most of us here are Conspiracy Theorists, and for the same reason you're not - research.

unfortunately a few in here are also total effin' jerks who don't have an idea of tolerance and diversity of people who disagree with them in the slightest. We have to put up with them, too.

you would have found that many of us ARE open-minded to good research, contrary or not. You've really only heard from a few people, and I'd urge you to ignore a couple of them in the interest of hearing from some patient ones, and in the interest of contribution to - and open-mindedness to - the work. You shouldn't let an a***ole or two to make you run away.

I'm quite embarrassed by the way Paul spoke to you; I hold this forum in pretty high regard, despite its thorns. You should be patient and open-minded, too. Contribute and learn.

Plus, Sartin came from your country. So...

Glenn

vive la france ;)

Edited by Glenn Nall

3 hours ago, Glenn Nall said:

sorry about that, Lionel. Most of us here are Conspiracy Theorists, and for the same reason you're not - research.

unfortunately a few in here are also total effin' jerks who don't have an idea of tolerance and diversity of people who disagree with them in the slightest. We have to put up with them, too.

you would have found that many of us ARE open-minded to good research, contrary or not. You've really only heard from a few people, and I'd urge you to ignore a couple of them in the interest of hearing from some patient ones, and in the interest of contribution to - and open-mindedness to - the work. You shouldn't let an a***ole or two to make you run away.

I'm quite embarrassed by the way Paul spoke to you; I hold this forum in pretty high regard, despite its thorns. You should be patient and open-minded, too. Contribute and learn.

Plus, Sartin came from your country. So...

Glenn

vive la france ;)

Lionel,

I'm a conspiracy realist and feel differently about the assassination than you do, but that's ok. My thoughts are similar to Glenn's, I'm sorry you didn't have a different greeting. 

Edited by Roger DeLaria

Good riddance to the French author. As for you Glenn, since this is the second time you’ve attacked me, the first one entirely unfairly, this one with some reason, but no logic. I read the book Glenn. Help yourself. And why don’t you show me any author who has pushed a potboiler piece of fiction here?

Roger - you intimate I have something against France? Wow.

Kathy - did you read the book? Or have any idea what the author intended here? 

Ok Glenn and anyone else reading 

I’m sorry. I could have chosen much less nasty language to express myself in that first post. I should not have called it a pile of garbage. My objections to it stand however. This has nothing to do with being open minded. 

41 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Good riddance to the French author. As for you Glenn, since this is the second time you’ve attacked me, the first one entirely unfairly, this one with some reason, but no logic. I read the book Glenn. Help yourself. And why don’t you show me any author who has pushed a potboiler piece of fiction here?

Kathy - did you read the book? Or have any idea what the author intended here? 

he simply intimates that you were rude.

48 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I did not intimate any such thing, Paul. No, I do not think you have anything against France. 

I happen to feel similar about your objections to his book.

Edited by Roger DeLaria

12 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Ok Glenn and anyone else reading 

I’m sorry. I could have chosen much less nasty language to express myself in that first post. I should not have called it a pile of garbage. My objections to it stand however. This has nothing to do with being open minded. 

I (we) would probably agree with your objections to his Novel - i simply disagreed with your tactic.

Permit me to extend my remarks.

Clearly I was and am upset. 

I read the entire book last night and this morning, giving the author his due and not just skipping around. When I got to the end I snapped and posted here my rude comment, which the author took personally, and he concluded and stated that this forum was no place for open minded inquiry. It’s taken me all day to gather my thoughts.

I view this forum as a place for serious discussion. There are, thankfully, good writers and researchers who post here. I wish there were more. (Honestly, I wish the entire community shared on one forum rather than being splintered into several). Lionel Touzellier was invited to post here. (Btw we have no idea who initiated this contact that resulted in the invitation). He asked us to take him seriously, explained that even though his book was written as a novel it contained original research and a new theory. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think if other authors have done anything like this here. It’s true that non fiction authors who post here let us know when a new book is coming, and don’t share all their research beforehand. But they are researchers first and foremost. Mr Touzellier is a novelist. 

If I wanted to discuss his theory, such as it is, I would have to give away his ending to do so. Is that fair game? 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Permit me to extend my remarks.

Clearly I was and am upset. 

I read the entire book last night and this morning, giving the author his due and not just skipping around. When I got to the end I snapped and posted here my rude comment, which the author took personally, and he concluded and stated that this forum was no place for open minded inquiry. It’s taken me all day to gather my thoughts.

I view this forum as a place for serious discussion. There are, thankfully, good writers and researchers who post here. I wish there were more. (Honestly, I wish the entire community shared on one forum rather than being splintered into several). Lionel Touzellier was invited to post here. (Btw we have no idea who initiated this contact that resulted in the invitation). He asked us to take him seriously, explained that even though his book was written as a novel it contained original research and a new theory. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think if other authors have done anything like this here. It’s true that non fiction authors who post here let us know when a new book is coming, and don’t share all their research beforehand. But they are researchers first and foremost. Mr Touzellier is a novelist. 

If I wanted to discuss his theory, such as it is, I would have to give away his ending to do so. Is that fair game? 

Thanks for this, Paul. When I read a xxxxty book, I mark it down as having the experience of having read a xxxxty book (although I rarely get too far into a xxxxty book). :)

Yes, of course - I warned Lionel that once word gets out about his book, it won't sell well from here. I would expect anyone other than the author to disclose a book's premise.

Edited by Glenn Nall