The Education Forum

Michele Metta interviews Jim DiEugenio on JFK, the CIA, Shaw, and Italy

Paz Marverde

12 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

The shooters, Anti-Castro Cubans, did the ground work and the shooting for free. Their payback was supposed to be a Cuban invasion. Conspiracy was buried and they got double-crossed.

My understanding of he case is limited when it comes to naming shooters as a fact.

But in my book anti-Castro shooters would have been sheep-dipped as pro-Castro.

They were going to end up double-crossed no matter what.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cliff Varnell said:

My understanding of he case is limited when it comes to naming shooters as a fact.

But in my book anti-Castro shooters would have been sheep-dipped as pro-Castro.

They were going to end up double-crossed no matter what.

By bad, that was Trejoeque of me. I think I was just trying to tap it out quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

By bad, that was Trejoeque of me. I think I was just trying to tap it out quickly. 

Trejoesque!

Anyway, my sense of the possibility of Cuban shooters was given a boost when I put Carl Jenkins and Henry Hecksher (AMWORLD, Laos in the late 50's) on the  possible perp board (h/t to Larry Hancock).

Edited by Cliff Varnell

The thing is, in a conspiracy case, what happens is that you can use evidence against one member of the plot against another member.

What you could have done if Banister and Ferrie would not have passed on, however they did, you could have used your evidence against them against Shaw, and then the evidence against Shaw against them.

And what I would have done was used something like the Cheramie evidence to establish intent, and then the Fruge evidence about the sewer map that Sergio Arcacha Smith had as the one step  forward in the plot.  Of course, Garrison did not know about Bernardo De Torres being in Dealey Plaza, that would have been really something.

BTW, according to Bill Turner, Garrison did not pursue the Permindex connection in court because he did not think he could connect it to the plot, and also because he could not send someone to Italy to investigate it on the ground.

In retrospect I think that was a questionable decision, because at the very least it would have tarnished the Mr. Clean sheen that Shaw and his allies had wrapped around him so effectively.

Edited by James DiEugenio

The two Carcano model 91/38 serials C2766 and 2766, with other millions, were manufactored in Italy at the Regia Fabbrica d'Armi of Terni, Umbria. The caliber is 6.5: the Italian Carcano models were mostly of this caliber, except for those 7.5's manufactured for the Finnish Army (Scandinavia).  Other 7.5 models were the "Moschetto del duce,” TS 91, a kind of rifles designed for the elite units of Mussolini.  Italy ... Angleton ... Harvey ... Fascists.  PERMINDEX.  

Interesting that the seminal Gun Control Act of 1968 evolved from these events (JFK, RFK and MLK plus the Black Panthers) ... The Gun Control Act of 1968 reauthorized and deepened the FDR-era gun control laws. It added a minimum age for gun buyers, required guns have serial numbers and expanded people barred from owning guns from felons to include the mentally ill and drug addicts. Only federally licensed dealers and collectors could ship guns over state lines. People buying certain kinds of bullets had to show I.D. But the most stringent proposals—a national registry of all guns (which some states had in colonial times) and mandatory licenses for all gun carriers—were not in it. The NRA blocked these measures.

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Of course, Garrison did not know about Bernardo De Torres being in Dealey Plaza, that would have been really something.

Jim, I defer to your expertise on Garrison (if nothing else), what's the evidence of BDT being in Dealey?

On 3/1/2018 at 3:02 AM, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, according to Bill Turner, Garrison did not pursue the Permindex connection in court because he did not think he could connect it to the plot, and also because he could not send someone to Italy to investigate it on the ground.

In retrospect I think that was a questionable decision, because at the very least it would have tarnished the Mr. Clean sheen that Shaw and his allies had wrapped around him so effectively.

Jim,

there was actualy a direct contact between Garrison's entourage and Italians. I know how it happened and who was involved 

On 3/1/2018 at 3:03 AM, Gene Kelly said:

The two Carcano model 91/38 serials C2766 and 2766, with other millions, were manufactored in Italy at the Regia Fabbrica d'Armi of Terni, Umbria

Gene,

the most important on this is that the Italian Andreotti was directly involved in a dossier by SIFAR, the Italian intelligence, on that Carcano. The name of Andreotti is side by side, in a document, with a CMC-Permindex member. That document explains they were both to utilize in a dirty war against communism including the use of terrorism

On 31/12/2017 at 8:23 AM, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, I should add that if I was redoing that book in a revision I would have to include the stuff that was unearthed up in Canada through the Bloomfield archives, and also what Metta found in Italy.

Thank you very much, Jim

2 hours ago, Paz Marverde said:

Jim,

there was actualy a direct contact between Garrison's entourage and Italians. I know how it happened and who was involved 

There was?  Please inform me.

The Bernardo De Torres in Dealey Plaza is from the source Fonzi had with the HSCA.

He found out that not only was he there, but he had pictures of the assassination that were stored in a safe deposit box.  Life Magazine found out about it and offered him a lot of money for them but he did not sell them.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

There was?  Please inform me.

Here we go: Edgardo Pellegrini, an Italian journalist, in 1995, during a conference in Rome reveled he was in constant contact with Garrison's staff. I could give you more details, but they are in Italian ... A translation would be needed. Pellegrini was investigating Centro Mondiale Commerciale, at the time Garrison was investigating Clay Shaw 

Edited by Paz Marverde

Thanks Paz.  

That is something I was not aware of.