The Education Forum

Did the JFK Assassination almost kill the Saturday Evening Post?

On 3/15/2018 at 6:54 AM, James DiEugenio said:

And people can arrange clever arguments for their side, just as others can arrange clever arguments on their side. 

Pat Speer and David Von Pein in 2003: JFK's shirt and jacket bunched up 2 inches, so the bullet holes in clothes aligned with T1.

Pat Speer and David Von Pein in 2014: JFK's shirt and jacket weren't bunched up at all, so the bullet holes in the clothes aligned with T1.

Clever!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Pat Speer and David Von Pein in 2003: JFK's shirt and jacket bunched up 2 inches, so the bullet holes in clothes aligned with T1.

Pat Speer and David Von Pein in 2014: JFK's shirt and jacket weren't bunched up at all, so the bullet holes in the clothes aligned with T1.

Clever!

Jeez, Cliff, you sure are fixated on the clothes in this case. Trust me when I say a seasoned investigator would also look elsewhere in the the case besides being fixated on one item. You might want to explore doing that here.

1 hour ago, Michael Walton said:

Jeez, Cliff, you sure are fixated on the clothes in this case. Trust me when I say a seasoned investigator would also look elsewhere in the the case besides being fixated on one item. You might want to explore doing that here.

If you understood the primacy of physical evidence in a murder case you'd wonder why anyone micro-analyzes anything else.

Thank you for not agreeing with me!

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

If you understood the primacy of physical evidence in a murder case you'd wonder why anyone micro-analyzes anything else.

Thank you for not agreeing with me!

I understand  it about as much as you  do Cliff. It doesn't  take  a  genius to and neither  of us are.

11 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

I understand  it about as much as you  do Cliff. It doesn't  take  a  genius to and neither  of us are.

Kills me to agree with you about anything...<sigh>...but you're absolutely right.

Who doesn't understand how a shirt moves?

Seriously, it's a joke that anyone has to point it out.

But The Josiah Thompson School of JFK Research cedes the clothing evidence no weight whatsoever.  How does one honestly investigate a murder by ignoring the extant physical evidence?

Jim DiEugenio brags about ignoring the clothing evidence in his presentations.  He claims the back wound location is unknowable.  He's hyper defensive about the autopsy photos.  All of Tink's Kids are -- just like all the lone nutters clinging to the provably phony Fox 5 photo.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• 2 weeks later...

Read the article in this magazine on Nixon by Stewart Alsop, "Richard Nixon and the Locked Door".   They discuss the Establishment press.  Alsop concludes Nixon has developed a reptilian carapace to it.  A unique perspective of the time considering what was about to happen.  TET Offensive 1/31/68, LBJ decides not to run, RFK & MLK assassinations, riots that summer, provoked riots at the Democratic National Convention. 

I can't find the article on line to quote but as a result of looking here's a interesting related article by Hunter S Thompson.  It's long and deep, perceptive of the time but just read the first three paragraphs if no more.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/fear-and-loathing-in-washington-19740704