The Education Forum

Veciana, Oswald in Dallas

On 6/23/2018 at 9:39 PM, Ron Bulman said:

That's him in the second picture, front row, second from the left.  White socks, Brown Jacket, arms crossed and funky sun glasses.  The guy next to him looks like the lawyer he never had, ready to defend him.  The guy next to him looks kind of like Garrison (seriously, on this last part, I know it's not him but it looks kind of like him).

Ron,

The first time I saw picture number two and looked at the guy in the brown suit in the front row, second from the right, I thought he looked an awful lot like Gen. Edwin Walker.

I decided, nah, that guy has a real narrow tie, and Walker seemed to favor broader ties.

Walker was at the DRE meeting with Sarah Castillo and Annie Odio. But if these pictures are of an Alpha-66 meeting, it probably isn't him.

On the other hand, if these pictures are really of a DRE meeting in October, there was a guy named Edwin Steig, who attended that DRE meeting and said he saw Oswald at that meeting sitting in the back of the room. See CD 205 p. 646.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672&relPageId=649

Steve Thomas

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/26/2018 at 1:01 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Ron,

The first time I saw picture number two and looked at the guy in the brown suit in the front row, second from the right, I thought he looked an awful lot like Gen. Edwin Walker.

I decided, nah, that guy has a real narrow tie, and Walker seemed to favor broader ties.

Walker was at the DRE meeting with Sarah Castillo and Annie Odio. But if these pictures are of an Alpha-66 meeting, it probably isn't him.

On the other hand, if these pictures are really of a DRE meeting in October, there was a guy named Edwin Steig, who attended that DRE meeting and said he saw Oswald at that meeting sitting in the back of the room. See CD 205 p. 646.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672&relPageId=649

Steve Thomas

I spoke too soon.

The DRE meeting that Walker attended was at 8:00 PM. The pictures shown in this thread were taken in the afternoon. There were two DRE meetings on October 13th. The one in the afternoon was for Spanish speaking people and was attended by about 40 people. The one in the evening was for both Spanish and English speaking people and was attended by about 75 people. Walker gave $5.00 to the cause.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

It would make sense that Oswald would want to see and hear General Walker in person.

And he had the chance to do so living in the same home town and with access to Walker's appearances not being tightly screened.

Did Oswald's North Beckley rooming house live in maid Earline Roberts ever state that Oswald did occasionally leave in the evenings or come back to his room later than normal end of day working hours?

5 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

It would make sense that Oswald would want to see and hear General Walker in person.

And he had the chance to do so living in the same home town and with access to Walker's appearances not being tightly screened.

Did Oswald's North Beckley rooming house live in maid Earline Roberts ever state that Oswald did occasionally leave in the evenings or come back to his room later than normal end of day working hours?

Joe,

Here is the guest roster of the evening DRE meeting on October 13th which Walker attended. I don't think Walker spoke at the meeting, but I could be wrong.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10649#relPageId=22&tab=page        CD 246 pp. 20-26.

I had the attendance backward. According to Joaquin Pinillos, the afternoon meeting was more heavily attended. (see p. 25)

Mr. BALL. Did he go out any at night?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No.
Mr. BALL. Did he stay home every night?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes---he stayed home every night---I didn't ever know of him going out. If he did, he left after I went to bed and I never knew.

Steve Thomas

As quite and unassuming as Oswald was described as being and acting by others who saw him at the Beckley rooming house, it was definitely possible that Oswald could have spent some time out of his room without Mrs. Robert's awareness.

Edited by Joe Bauer

19 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

As quite and unassuming as Oswald was described as being and acting by others who saw him at the Beckley rooming house, it was definitely possible that Oswald could have spent some time out of his room without Mrs. Robert's awareness.

Joe,

Steig said that Oswald sat in the back of the room and didn't speak to anybody. Sure sounds quiet and assuming to me.

Steve Thomas

It looks like Cuban Intelligence also got copies of these photos from Zabala. Zabala continued to work for the FBI and was informing on CUIS (Cuban Intelligence Service). 

And if you've been following the docs, CUIS knew that Bishop was David Phillips even way back then.

"In a conversation after the taping, CARLOS mentioned that CUIS knew that Mr. Bishop, who was referred to in a recent conversation between the source and CUIS, was an individual by the name of Dave PHILLY or PHILLIPS (phonetic)." Page 12

On 4/5/2018 at 10:44 AM, David Boylan said:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=140240#relPageId=1&tab=page

Of great interest is that Zabala had 5 pictures of Veciana’s that he had in his possession and that he was going to loan to the FBI for analysis. The pictures were of Veciana in Dallas at an Alpha 66 meeting, most likely the Harlendale address, approximately one month prior to the assassination. This is the address where Oswald was allegedly seen. Two of the photos show a man that looks like Oswald in the first row wearing a brown jacket, dark brown pants, white socks and sun glasses.

David,

I have been trying to research this.

In the documents you provided, it says that Zabala talked about a meeting Veciana had with Bishop and Oswald approximately one month before the assassination.

We know that Veciana met with Phillips in Dallas on September 6th, which would be closer to three months before the assassination rather than one month.

I haven't found a record of Veciana being in Dallas in October, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I wonder if the pictures that David Joseph provided were in any way connected to the trips that Loren Hall and William Seymour took through Dallas in late September and October of 1963.

Hall told the FBI that he drove from Los Angeles to Miami in September. He stopped off in Dallas on September 27th to do some fund raising and stayed for 10 days. He dropped off a trailer full of supplies, and went he went back to retrieve it, was arrested by the Dallas police on October 17th.

Judging from the casement windows, the height of the ladder in the corner, the industrial strength door closer on the back door, and the size of the parking lot looking through the back windows, I'd say this meeting in the pictures provided, took place at a commercial establishment, or government building (like a city hall type building).

Nailing down when and where this meeting took place might help identify some of the people in it.

Just as a side note, and this is pure speculation, I wonder if the younger guy in the front row with sunglasses might be a picture of Fermin de Goicochea Sanchez aka George Perrel - he who is connected to Alpha 66 and for which we don't seem to have a picture. (Like I said, that's just pure speculation).

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I would be interested to know what your source for this statement is.

W. Tracy,

I guess I put down the wrong date. It should have been September 7th. I was basing my statement on these:

Posted by Andrej Stancak in the Education Forum 02/10/17

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23465-wynne-and-vicki-southland-center-1963/

I would like to turn the attention of Forum members to a remarkable testimony of Mr. Wynne Johnson. Wynne was 15 years old in 1963, and had a girlfriend Vicki. Vicki and Wynne liked to visit the roof of the Southland Center to view the scenery of Dallas. And so they did on September 7, 1963. As unexpected and unbelievable as only the life can pose, these two children became witnesses of an event which researchers of the President Kennedy assassination consider as a clear and undisputed proof of a direct contact between Oswald and Maurice Bishop alias a CIA asset David Atlee Phillips: their meeting in Dallas in September 1963. Thanks to Gaeton Fonzi’s research, we know that that meeting also included Antonio Veciana, one of the chief representatives of anti-Castro movement in Miami. It was Veciana who told Fonzi and the House Committee about the Bishop-Oswald meeting. Wynne and Vicki were approaching the Southland Center when a taxi cab passed and a young man, Lee Harvey Oswald, stepped out. Oswald entered the main lobby, met with Phillips and both men started to talk. Shortly, Veciana came in via a different entrance. And while the three men stood together in the lobby, Wynne and Vicki also entered a long corridor and headed towards the three men.

Bill Kelly in JFKContercoup

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2017/08/castro-and-oswald-september-7-1963.htmlSaturday September 7, 1963

That just happens to be the day Alpha 66 founder Antonio Veciana met with David Atlee Phillips and Lee Harvey Oswald at the Southland Center in Dallas, as well as the day Manuel Rodriguez arrived in Dallas to set up a branch of Alpha 66 and leased the safe house on Harlandale Avenue in Oak Cliff.

(I believe this is wrong. Manuel Rodrigiez Orcarberro registered as alien of Dallas, Texas on September 6, 1963. Maybe he leased the house on the 7th) See:

Heitman interview of Rodriguez on May 20, 1964. Heitman wrote a report of this interview on May 25, 1964.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11481#relPageId=222&tab=page

page 222.

Steve Thomas

I question the Veciana/LHO/Phillips meeting as well. I  mean I don't toss it wholesale but I am only somewhat skeptical. I believe Newman will have much to say about Veciana in his upcoming works according to his latest Spy Wars series of videos. Definitely helps to always reexamine what we think we know. At the end of the day I really lean towards the fact that Fonzi really seemed to be onto some leads with the Bishop/Phillips ID in his good book

4 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I think it is useful to go back and look at the origins of the Veciana/Phillips/Oswald story:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/04/gaeton-fonzi-and-veciana-allegations.html

Wynne Johnson is not to be believed IMO:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/04/wynne-johnson.html

I believe, for the most part, Fonzi and Veciana. 

Wynne Johnoson’s video is what brought me back into this case, after demurring from the truth for many years; I very much wanted to believe Wynn, and I largely did believe him. His story however jumped the shark completely with his fourth video. I can’t go into detail here but he ended up being entangled with a star studded who’s who cast of characters beyond imagination.

That said, his story would make a great movie, or a very instructive dramatic series with a couple of seasons worth of material; outlining, in a fictional way, an unwilling teenage observer to an unlikely sequence of plausible and potentially factual events surrounding the assassination. I confess that I have considered the possibility of the development of this project quite extensively.

Edited by Michael Clark

10 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I think it is useful to go back and look at the origins of the Veciana/Phillips/Oswald story:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/04/gaeton-fonzi-and-veciana-allegations.html

Wynne Johnson is not to be believed IMO:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/04/wynne-johnson.html

W. Tracy,

Thank you for this. At one point I was trying to nail down the validity of Veciana's meeting for another reason and was using Johnson's story as corroboration.

One of the things I looked at was this:

September 08, 1963 - Page 6

Alice Daily Echo Newspaper Archives

https://newspaperarchive.com/alice-daily-echo-sep-08-1963-p-6/

Bv THE ASSOCIATED PRESS “Gusts of powerful winds struck in the Dallas area Saturday as a surprise rainstorm whipped into the roof of one residence and damaged another in Mesquite, a suburb just east of Dallas. State Police said no injuries resulted. The wind blew a wooden block through the windshield of a mobile news unit of Radio KBOX of Dallas while it was near White Rock Lake inside the Dallas city limits. On Dallas' North Central Expressway, the blast blew in the side of a service station. Tarpaulins protecting building construction work in downtown Dallas were whipped to shreds. The storm occurred during unexpected rain activity in Dallas and other parts of North Central and Northeast Texas. The rest of the state was unusually hot and nearly all places were dry.”

September 7, 1963 was a Saturday. The temperature was 102 degrees.

"Not the best time to be up on the roof of a hotel", I thought.

Steve Thomas